Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary threw TD passes of

52 yards ( 10 in the air)
12 yards
4.Yards
1.yard

It just wasn’t the same.

I am cautiously optimistic about Levis. Mariota never had the arm Levis has.
Touchdown to Hyphen was beautiful, the first to Hop was all Hop, double move all Hop, and the line gave em time. He had a good game. One game. It was promising. It ain’t my millions so… guess we see what happens. Willis was so bad last year, we had to replace him.

Big time question.
Even if not as starter, how did Willis earn the backup spot?
It was inevitable that THill was going to get hurt at some point considering the OL, even if improved (albeit only slightly) from last season.

my only real explanation is either Levis really struggled in camp, preseason, practices OR this could be some sort of Vrabel thing keeping Levis an entire unknown until time to play.
I would like to believe the last point... but I dont think vrable is that clever... IMO... willis was the 'veteran' simple as that

RT17 gone next year no matter what. Best to trade now for value.

I’d trade him for a mid 4th to bc early 5th.
no chance any team is giving a 4th/5th for a qb with 2TDs and 6INTs, tanne played his way out of a trade already. he will sit back and watch mayo take his job and like it.

Touchdown to Hyphen was beautiful, the first to Hop was all Hop, double move all Hop, and the line gave em time. He had a good game. One game. It was promising. It ain’t my millions so… guess we see what happens. Willis was so bad last year, we had to replace him.

He may never replicate this. But he was better than just just better than Willis.

It wasn’t all Hop. Great move but Levis threw the ball before the 2nd move. Go watch the video. The TD passes were perfect.

Have zero problems with that
me either, as long as he is delivering the gatorades. The guy is still bringing in millions upon millions, warming the bench is too easy. If our line falls apart against any of our future opponents, which is highly probable, throw his ass in to take the sacks and preserve Levis.

That is one of my big issues with Tannehill... Let the receivers try to make plays. Holding on to the ball and taking sacks is a waste for everyone. At least give the receivers the opportunity to screw it up, don't just assume they will. Put the ball where they should be, if they arent there, they dont catch it... then call them out.

Hop was great at getting open (and avoiding OPI calls), but I do think Levis deserves some credit for not staring down his target, and faking to make the DB bite multiple times.
You see that on the deep TD to Hop where he was wide open. Levis is looking left, does a shoulder fake that makes the safety bite, and then unleashes the bomb to a wide open Hop deep for 6.

I'm afraid to be excited. Levis' touchdowns were great to watch, but they were like fly balls to the outfield. The receivers should get as much, or more, credit for the completion. I want to see a game full of perfectly thrown bullets over the middle, hitting dudes in stride. I want to see back shoulder catches on the sideline where only our guy could get it. But I'll take what I saw on Sunday over anything we've witnessed this season. Looking forward to seeing if Levis can expand on his success going forward!

I was all for blowing it up and trading everyone and just rebuild, but now that DHop showed he’s still that dude, Henry is averaging like 5.3 yards a carry his last 4 games, and Levis doubled Tannehill’s total touchdowns in one game and it’s nice to see a QB that can actually move around in the pocket… I’d say let’s keep the core and give it another run!

I'm afraid to be excited. Levis' touchdowns were great to watch, but they were like fly balls to the outfield. The receivers should get as much, or more, credit for the completion. I want to see a game full of perfectly thrown bullets over the middle, hitting dudes in stride. I want to see back shoulder catches on the sideline where only our guy could get it. But I'll take what I saw on Sunday over anything we've witnessed this season. Looking forward to seeing if Levis can expand on his success going forward!
There was one throw I believe it was to Chig, where Levis threw it behind and low Chig made the catch. At first glance it looked like a inaccurate throw but when they showed the replay if Levis hits him in stride with the ball out in front there was no doubt the DB gets a hand on that ball because he was practically on Chigs back.

What Levis did was throw his guys open. None of those throws could be caught by anyone but the Titan WR. They weren’t fly balls. That’s how good his arm is. The throw to NWI was just sick. We just aren’t used to seeing a QB do that. But that’s the modern NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back