Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, so being in the top 50% isn’t an accomplishment? Making the playoffs isn’t a big deal. Winning your Division at 11-5 is just not a thing? Do you even care how that makes you sound?

The coaching staff, Tannehill and Henry are all JRob moves BTW. That didn’t just happen.

You look totally obsessed with assassinating JRob and not for any real football issue.

JRob is a top 10 GM in the NFL and NO ONE thinks he is in danger of being fired or should be, BUT YOU.
I have been saying it for years and continue to say it. I dont care about the play-offs at all, not the tiniest bit. In fact, I would rather be last than 24th. At least if we are last we get the top draft pick.

I have seen this franchise in the playoffs plenty of times. What I havent seen is a superbowl win. Until we win a superbowl, I could not care less about flaming out in the playoffs over and over again.

Well, the Titans say they didn’t know until this morning. The kid could be a liar, he could be trying to hide it and apparently succeeded. But I doubt the police report hit the airwaves that fast. Filed Friday afternoon became public Monday morning. Sounds about right from a timing aspect. I will say again for the barely literate among us, if he did it he should be gone. If there is no record of it Saturday morning, then I don’t know how you blame the Titans unless it is a repeat offense.
Dude... please remove that negative rating.

I was telling you to not bother debating with that Thanos guy.

I was agreeing with you, in actuality.

He has blinders on for his raging hatred of JRob.

Just looking at the coordinator situation, two got head coaching jobs and one retired and then unretired to help out a young friend he wanted to succeed. Not sure what point you could make there.
Point being is there is hardly any continuity around here. Meaning ppl don't like their management style! Ask woodyard! And then pees retiring and unretiring and going to another team lol

Which means he needs to be held accountable. Not to mention a ton of questionable picks this year and last. Remember when we had 3 2nd round picks and butchered them all except henry. Or when we traded down from 1st pick to then trade back up and take a guy that might still have been there and then not resign him....we did that this year too when we traded up in 4th lmao

Giving draft grades right after the draft is pretty dumb. Nobody knows how these dudes will pan out. Let's just wait and see. And in the meantime hopefully we can sign some cheap vets to come in and bolster where we are weak. I'd love to see Delanie back on the team. Him or Tyler Eifert/Trey Burton would be great additions. I think a veteran tight end would be extremely valuable right now. A dlineman would be nice too. I like Tart, Mack, Murch and Naquon as depth, but if something happens to big Jeff or Autry are we really ok with having these guys get substantial playing time? I don't think so...

I have been saying it for years and continue to say it. I dont care about the play-offs at all, not the tiniest bit. In fact, I would rather be last than 24th. At least if we are last we get the top draft pick.

I have seen this franchise in the playoffs plenty of times. What I havent seen is a superbowl win. Until we win a superbowl, I could not care less about flaming out in the playoffs over and over again.

I get what you are saying but my point is you have to make the playoffs to get to the SB.

Malarkey changed the culture of this team. This coaching staff actually cost us in the 1st round last year. They let the team down big time on defense. It's also not a coincidence that we cant keep coordinators on this team. No one likes the way jrob and vrabel manage

So 2 OCs left to take HC gigs because they don’t like Vrabel or JRob? That’s what you are saying? You just said that out loud. You think that makes sense
?

Dude... please remove that negative rating.

I was telling you to not bother debating with that Thanos guy.

I was agreeing with you, in actuality.

He has blinders on for his raging hatred of JRob.
You didn’t make that clear. Consider it done compadre.

Malarkey changed the culture of this team. This coaching staff actually cost us in the 1st round last year. They let the team down big time on defense. It's also not a coincidence that we cant keep coordinators on this team. No one likes the way jrob and vrabel manage

Yeah. That's why we can't keep coordinators.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with franchise like Green Bay and Atlanta both offering our oc head coaching gigs. Oh, and our dc going back to retirement.

Jrob should quit hiring coordinators that other teams will want!

Seems to me that Jrob should definitely be on the hot seat. Last year he drafts the biggest bust in recent history at a position that we really didn't even need. This year he drafted a guy who was in a domestic dispute the day after the draft. Jrob is clearly lazy in his due diligence and I don't like it. You can't make these kind of errors if you want to win the big one which should be the ultimate goal. You don't get lucky and trade for a tannehill and draft a derrick Henry every year. Gotta take advantage of it when you do and give them a chance by making good decisions on every other aspect of the roster. I like JRob, but how are we going to turn into a truly respected dynasty if we keep making silly decisions based off nothing more than lack of effort

Seems to me that Jrob should definitely be on the hot seat. Last year he drafts the biggest bust in recent history at a position that we really didn't even need. This year he drafted a guy who was in a domestic dispute the day after the draft. Jrob is clearly lazy in his due diligence and I don't like it. You can't make these kind of errors if you want to win the big one which should be the ultimate goal. You don't get lucky and trade for a tannehill and draft a derrick Henry every year. Gotta take advantage of it when you do and give them a chance by making good decisions on every other aspect of the roster. I like JRob, but how are we going to turn into a truly respected dynasty if we keep making silly decisions based off nothing more than lack of effort

Just curious.. are the Chiefs a well respected team that has won the big one? Should their GM be on the hot seat. THEY KNEW Tyreek Hill choked and beat his girlfriend, he was convicted, and drafted him anyway. Do the Chiefs get a pass because Hill is very good? Because they won a SB?

What due diligence could JRob have done to know Weaver would get arrested AFTER the draft. Please tell me how he could have known?

Wilson is on JRob. Shouldn’t have drafted him in the first place. Couldn’t have known what he would turn into, but he should not have been drafted in the first round.

But he isn’t and he shouldn’t be on the hot seat.

Just curious.. are the Chiefs a well respected team that has won the big one? Should their GM be on the hot seat. THEY KNEW Tyreek Hill choked and beat his girlfriend, he was convicted, and drafted him anyway. Do the Chiefs get a pass because Hill is very good? Because they won a SB?

What due diligence could JRob have done to know Weaver would get arrested AFTER the draft. Please tell me how he could have known?

Wilson is on JRob. Shouldn’t have drafted him in the first place. Couldn’t have known what he would turn into, but he should not have been drafted in the first round.

But he isn’t and he shouldn’t be on the hot seat.
I agree JRob shouldn’t be blamed for weaver getting arrested. If his health is a concern, then that’s on JRob.

And yes, the chiefs get a pass. They won a SB and Hill was a large part so per my usual statement on these matters “people” don’t care as long as the player is helping the team win.
If hill was costing his team, he’d be getting DP’d with angry tweets about how he sucks AND beats women or whatever he did.

Lazy?

First off, let's not forget that 2020-2021 has been the most abnormal year in recent memory, and nature that has played havoc with normal scouting procedures.

As for weaver, there was no possible way he could know this. Just bad luck.

I like jrob. He takes chances to make this team better. Picks like Simmons and Fairley are how you get top tier talent at a discount.

Remember all those years of mediocre chalk picks we had? Safe. Boring.

Every year we are active in free agency. Some moves work, some don't. But at least we're playing, which is more than you can say of prior regimes.

Jrobs seat is cool as far as I'm concerned.

[
Lazy?

First off, let's not forget that 2020-2021 has been the most abnormal year in recent memory, and nature that has played havoc with normal scouting procedures.

As for weaver, there was no possible way he could know this. Just bad luck.

I like jrob. He takes chances to make this team better. Picks like Simmons and Fairley are how you get top tier talent at a discount.

Remember all those years of mediocre chalk picks we had? Safe. Boring.

Every year we are active in free agency. Some moves work, some don't. But at least we're playing, which is more than you can say of prior regimes.

Jrobs seat is cool as far as I'm concerned.

The incident happened on April 18th, so there was more than likely avenues Jrob could've explored to find out this news before committing millions of guaranteed dollars on him. If weaver is a beast then obviously this conversation is different, but from what I've heard Weaver is just a so-so prospect. Not a super athletic freak like tyreek hill was. Obviously you can't know everything, but it's jrobs job. His only job to do his due diligence on these players. That's why I say he's been lazy because I can almost guarantee there was a way to find that out about weaver seeing that it happened 2 weeks ago. Just like there was probably different avenues he could've explored to find out that isiah wilson was a reckless head case. It's not our full time jobs so obviously we wouldn't know these things. It is his full time job and he gets paid millions and he has scouts who get paid plenty to figure these things out.

For some reason I have a bad feeling that Vrabel is the root of the problems occurring lately though. The coordinators leaving, the ex players bad mouthing him, the fact that he's a defensive coach and our defense was absolutely atrocious last year, etc.

Whatever the issue is, of course I wish for the best and I'm rooting for us, but if you look at this team from an outsider perspective it's clearly trending down right now. I hope they prove me wrong. I want nothing but success for my team always.

For some reason I have a bad feeling that Vrabel is the root of the problems occurring lately though. The coordinators leaving, the ex players bad mouthing him, the fact that he's a defensive coach and our defense was absolutely atrocious last year, etc.

Whatever the issue is, of course I wish for the best and I'm rooting for us, but if you look at this team from an outsider perspective it's clearly trending down right now. I hope they prove me wrong. I want nothing but success for my team always.
I don't have enough evidence to say it's Vrable but it's definitely a possibility that you're right. He talks so much about culture but in his own way he might be making the environment and culture toxic. This is an issue separate from personnel issues.

I don't have enough evidence to say it's Vrable but it's definitely a possibility that you're right. He talks so much about culture but in his own way he might be making the environment and culture toxic. This is an issue separate from personnel issues.

He just comes off with a "my shit don't stink, don't you know who tf I am?" Kind of vibe. Lol

I could easily see vrabel sticking his nose way too far into JRs GM process and this being the reason for some of our horrendous blunders of late.

Something's gotta give though. We better make the damn playoffs and beat the shitbirds this year atleast. The AFC south should be ours and it shouldn't even be close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back