Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly won't be too surprised if it he's cut by the end of the season. Not saying it's likely to happen, but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

To think of what we could have had with those picks - Michael Thomas, Chris Jones, Yannick - that's what will drive you crazy if you think about it too long.
You can't just assume those players would turn out the same if their situation changed. Michael Thomas has spent his whole career with the most accurate qb of all time, in the most efficient passing offense of all time. Chris Jones had Justin Houston, and Dontari Poe taking eyes off him. Yannick was playing with that jags D that was actually pretty elite. Meanwhile the Titans were the worst team in the league the year previous.

And sure maybe the titans didn't kill it with the actual extra picks from the "kings ransom" but they still got Conklin, byard, and Henry in that draft, maybe if we didn't have the extra picks those picks would have been different?

Honestly won't be too surprised if it he's cut by the end of the season. Not saying it's likely to happen, but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
Relax, he hasn't touched the practice field even. No way they're giving up on him after one season. It was never expected he played much this season anyway.

First round eight tackles should play right away
he was kind of a first rounder.... we were so far back in the order we only picked him there cuz he wouldnt have been there by our next pick im sure. i dont think they had intended on him starting right away.

he was kind of a first rounder.... we were so far back in the order we only picked him there cuz he wouldnt have been there by our next pick im sure. i dont think they had intended on him starting right away.
I imagine they figured he’d at least
Compete right away and take over by mid season or so. Point stands, they pay a guy like Kelly to back up and fill in

To think of what we could have had with those picks - Michael Thomas, Chris Jones, Yannick - that's what will drive you crazy if you think about it too long.
That line of thinking goes both ways though. Think of all the teams beating themselves up that they let Kevin Byard fall to the 3rd, or Henry, Jayon, AJ Brown, etc. JRob's hit rate on 2nd+ rounders has been pretty solid.

Not to mention the steal that Jeff Simmons has been from last year.

Relax, he hasn't touched the practice field even. No way they're giving up on him after one season. It was never expected he played much this season anyway.

I'm just saying, between the covid stuff and the party, and the DUI, if something else happened? Yeah I wouldn't be surprised

Looking at the 10 lowest graded 1st rounders so far per PFF, they are all basically the worst at their positions in the league. It's a rough season to evaluate any of these rookies.

First round eight tackles should play right away
Have you watched Andrew Thomas the 4th overall pick and first tackle off the board this year? Absolute turnstyle. To say one of the most valuable positions in football, should play right away is ridiculous. Especially when their whole job is to protect the quarterback lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back