Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched Andrew Thomas the 4th overall pick and first tackle off the board this year? Absolute turnstyle. To say one of the most valuable positions in football, should play right away is ridiculous. Especially when their whole job is to protect the quarterback lol.
What % of first round right tackles do you think end up starting year 1?

What % of first round right tackles do you think end up starting year 1?
@Titanic_Sub

From 2010 to 2019, there were 37 players classified as offensive tackles selected in the first round.

Of those 37, 25 started 10+ games their rookie year. 1 played 9 games. 3 played 8. Basically 29/37 contributed at least a half season's worth of games, which is 78.3%.

The list of guys who did not contribute at least half their rookie year is pretty ugly. Jonah Williams(started the season on IR), Andre Dillard, Cedric Ogbuehi, Taylor Lewan, Luke Joeckel, Gabe Carimi, and Derek Sherrod.

Basically, if an OT doesn't contribute his first year he's not going to be a good player. Of course, a guy on our own roster is the exception to this.

Sounds like he was hung over and missed practice. I wonder if the Titans can get clear of him with conduct detrimental to the team? Looking every day like a wasted pick.

@Titanic_Sub

From 2010 to 2019, there were 37 players classified as offensive tackles selected in the first round.

Of those 37, 25 started 10+ games their rookie year. 1 played 9 games. 3 played 8. Basically 29/37 contributed at least a half season's worth of games, which is 78.3%.

The list of guys who did not contribute at least half their rookie year is pretty ugly. Jonah Williams(started the season on IR), Andre Dillard, Cedric Ogbuehi, Taylor Lewan, Luke Joeckel, Gabe Carimi, and Derek Sherrod.

Basically, if an OT doesn't contribute his first year he's not going to be a good player. Of course, a guy on our own roster is the exception to this.

All good reliable stats here, but this year has been totally different than any previous years. There was no full training camp with preseason games. And this guy was on the Covid list for over a month. So he has literally been unable to do anything a normal rookie player would have done in previous years. And we are surprised he hasn’t played yet? It has been about two weeks since he came off the covid list, and he should play this week. So given all of these details, yours don’t mean much yet. He might play the rest of the year. So before I jump on the bust band wagon this early, I will let things play out. Seems the wisest way forward.

All good reliable stats here, but this year has been totally different than any previous years. There was no full training camp with preseason games. And this guy was on the Covid list for over a month. So he has literally been unable to do anything a normal rookie player would have done in previous years. And we are surprised he hasn’t played yet? It has been about two weeks since he came off the covid list, and he should play this week. So given all of these details, yours don’t mean much yet. He might play the rest of the year. So before I jump on the bust band wagon this early, I will let things play out. Seems the wisest way forward.
I wonder what a difference it might have made if he had the structure of a normal training camp and pre-season. He may have had less time to be a clueless slacker. If nothing else, he has maturity issues to resolve.

I wonder what a difference it might have made if he had the structure of a normal training camp and pre-season. He may have had less time to be a clueless slacker. If nothing else, he has maturity issues to resolve.

It couldn’t have hurt. And yeah, he has some maturity issues. Isn’t he 21 years old? Who here didn’t at that age? And then give him millions of dollars. Hopefully he gets it works out. Just way to early to be freaking out and calling him a bust. We signed Kelly for a reason, likely thinking this kid could take a bit of time to be ready to start.

It couldn’t have hurt. And yeah, he has some maturity issues. Isn’t he 21 years old? Who here didn’t at that age? And then give him millions of dollars. Hopefully he gets it works out. Just way to early to be freaking out and calling him a bust. We signed Kelly for a reason, likely thinking this kid could take a bit of time to be ready to start.
No doubt, but thankfully most of our 1st rounders have been a bit more mature than him. Can’t call a player a bust this early, but all of his trending since joining the team has been down and not up. He has to turn that around.

We havent had much luck early with our 1st rounder's.

2019 Simmons missed half the year from an off season injury.
2018 Evans missed most of training camp and took a while to get going.
2017 Corey Davis only starts 2 games. But Adoree plays a lot.
2016 Conklin worked out, but now is gone.

Wilson still has time to win us over, but that pink hair wtf....

I wouldn’t include Simmons in that list. We drafted him knowing he wouldn’t play for awhile and that was the only reason he fell to us in the first place.

Conk sucked year 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back