Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to say he is the Jeff Fisher of GMs? Gets to a certain point, which is an improvement, but then cant go any further?
Jury is out on that one, but certainly a possibility. This years moves will tell us just how clever and strategic he is.

Jury is out on that one, but certainly a possibility. This years moves will tell us just how clever and strategic he is.

JRob is years away from being in trouble. No one is getting judged based on the craziness of the last year. He screws us up and we don’t make the playoffs for the next 3 seasons then everybody gets fired.

JRob is years away from being in trouble. No one is getting judged based on the craziness of the last year. He screws us up and we don’t make the playoffs for the next 3 seasons then everybody gets fired.
Didn’t say he was in trouble, I said it would tell us if he is the Jeff Fisher or the Bill Bellichick of GMs if he has a great off season or another dud. Craziness of COVID didn’t make him sign Beasley or Wake, or draft Wilson, or ignore the kicker for two years, or watching his high draft picks migrate away to other teams...

Didn’t say he was in trouble, I said it would tell us if he is the Jeff Fisher or the Bill Bellichick of GMs if he has a great off season or another dud. Craziness of COVID didn’t make him sign Beasley or Wake, or draft Wilson, or ignore the kicker for two years, or watching his high draft picks migrate away to other teams...

What high draft picks migrated away?

When has he had a dud? We don’t know about last years draft yet. Like I said.. it’s Wilson and Beasley. He went and got King didn’t he?

Kicker? Come on.... lol.

By the way..., Belichick isn’t going to look much different than Fisher without Brady,

What high draft picks migrated away?

When has he had a dud? We don’t know about last years draft yet. Like I said.. it’s Wilson and Beasley. He went and got King didn’t he?

Kicker? Come on.... lol.

By the way..., Belichick isn’t going to look much different than Fisher without Brady,
Conklin got away, possibly Davis, and kicker lost us games in 2019. King isn’t an edge, Wilson was a total fail, as was Dodd. Wake, Clowney, and Beasley ate cap and didn’t produce. Where is the Edge he has obtained? I’m not saying JR is a failure, he isn’t. But he hasn’t proven to be elite either. In my mind, the jury is still out on whether he makes that leap or not. Unless he starts drinking on the job, I expect he will be here for 15 more years.

Conklin got away, possibly Davis, and kicker lost us games in 2019. King isn’t an edge, Wilson was a total fail, as was Dodd. Wake, Clowney, and Beasley ate cap and didn’t produce. Where is the Edge he has obtained? I’m not saying JR is a failure, he isn’t. But he hasn’t proven to be elite either. In my mind, the jury is still out on whether he makes that leap or not. Unless he starts drinking on the job, I expect he will be here for 15 more years.

Ok... agree completely on EDGE. He has failed getting this team competent edge rushers. No disagreement at all. I think had he extended Davis when they had to the forum would have gone nuts. CD wasn’t producing till this season. They had to pick up his option before the season right? NO ONE would have been ok with that. Conklin was hurt a bunch. He was a risk. Should we have kept him? I dunno....has his leaving really hurt us?

JRob sucks at EDGE so far. I will not dispute that,

Ok... agree completely on EDGE. He has failed getting this team competent edge rushers. No disagreement at all. I think had he extended Davis when they had to the forum would have gone nuts. CD wasn’t producing till this season. They had to pick up his option before the season right? NO ONE would have been ok with that. Conklin was hurt a bunch. He was a risk. Should we have kept him? I dunno....has his leaving really hurt us?

JRob sucks at EDGE so far. I will not dispute that,
Except, at that time, you could rescind the 5th year option at no obligation. That rule has now changed. Conklin was hurt with the one ACL injury, that virtually no one comes back from in year two. I believe, and it’s just my opinion, they could have extended him earlier at a much lesser cost. He was fully recovered with us his last season. In my mind, it’s strategy and critical thinking that is missing in the front office. The elite guys are one step ahead of the 5th year options and final contract years. We seem to be more reactive than proactive.

For the people that are talking about all of JRob's busts, do you ever read projections and profiles for prospects?

Look at The Draft Network. They have Eric Stokes at #38, which is in line with where a lot of other sites have him. They list his ideal role as "outside only corner in sub packages". So you might not ever a starter out of a 1st roundish prospect.

2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report: CB Eric Stokes | The Draft Network

They have Elijah Moore at #49 as a "bottom of the roster slot guy". They have Rondale Moore at #51 as a rotational guy. They have pretty much every pass rusher prospect in this draft as sub package guys.

Fan expectations are WAY higher than team/scout expectations who seem to very every player outside the top 20 or so as flawed gambles.

Bill Bellicheck of GMs? Exactly what has BB done that is so great as a GM? He just proved he is an average coach with average talent unless he has Brady playing for him. His team instantly went from SS contender to non playoff Mike Muchak like. Guess what BBs record is without Brady? 51-65. ahhh, Jeff Fisher maybe if that?

Way I look at with jrob, over the past 4 years I've never watched soo many full titans games, before I'd not bother watching the 4th quarter cause we had no chance. Past 2 years we've been going into games against any team in the nfl and thought yea we can win this. Think about that, any team we could beat. 2018, 2019 we beat the SB champs of that year in the regular season. He's got us on the up and granted a few errors on the way but name a GM who hasn't.

Without comparing JRob to every other GM in the league you can’t realistically say someone is average, above average, greatest of all time, or worst of all time. When you have nothing you’re comparing him against it’s just words.

You can say he’s missed on x, y, or z. But you can’t “rank” him as a GM without comparing him to other GM’s.

Without comparing JRob to every other GM in the league you can’t realistically say someone is average, above average, greatest of all time, or worst of all time. When you have nothing you’re comparing him against it’s just words.

You can say he’s missed on x, y, or z. But you can’t “rank” him as a GM without comparing him to other GM’s.

It’s impossible to compare his performance to all GMs, of all time. If you set parameters, then you can begin to draw data but that is then subject to bias as folks use parameters to collect data that supports an opinion, supposition, conjecture or premise. That’s why there is an adage you can make stats say anything you want.

It is just as biased an opinion to assert that JRob is an excellent or terrible GM. I’m comfortable including our W-L record under his tenure in addition to his personnel record. And he’s a slightly above average GM IMO.

What part?
Only problem I have is the reaches that JRob has made by overpaying vets and under performing draft picks! Especially the ones that the rest of the league was skeptical about! Wilson and Dodd was the worst reaches ever! Then paying top dollar for vets that couldn't stay on the field, IMO, Casey should've have stayed a Titan! But that's just me! At least he performed while on the field!:chairwack:

Only problem I have is the reaches that JRob has made by overpaying vets and under performing draft picks! Especially the ones that the rest of the league was skeptical about! Wilson and Dodd was the worst reaches ever! Then paying top dollar for vets that couldn't stay on the field, IMO, Casey should've have stayed a Titan! But that's just me! At least he performed while on the field!:chairwack:
Dodd was a bad pick, but he was projected as a late 1st mid 2nd, so the need and value was there.

The problem with Dodd was he was viewed as a one year wonder.

But you look at Dodd, Beasley, Clowney and to some degree Landry...maybe JRob needs to stay out of the Edge evaluations..although Dodd was his first draft as the GM, so the evaluation process was done

It’s impossible to compare his performance to all GMs, of all time. If you set parameters, then you can begin to draw data but that is then subject to bias as folks use parameters to collect data that supports an opinion, supposition, conjecture or premise. That’s why there is an adage you can make stats say anything you want.

It is just as biased an opinion to assert that JRob is an excellent or terrible GM. I’m comfortable including our W-L record under his tenure in addition to his personnel record. And he’s a slightly above average GM IMO.

Sure you can’t compare him to GM’s of all time, I was simply using that as a phrase. But you aren’t comparing him to any GM in the league. That’s the point I’m trying to make. You refuse to do it. So you cant says he’s “slightly above average” if you aren’t actually comparing him to anything.

Sure you can’t compare him to GM’s of all time, I was simply using that as a phrase. But you aren’t comparing him to any GM in the league. That’s the point I’m trying to make. You refuse to do it. So you cant says he’s “slightly above average” if you aren’t actually comparing him to anything.
Right- I just told you why above. Any comment is an opinion, including yours. You can’t prove he’s NOT slightly above average. That’s my point.

and btw- I stated I’m comfortable using the W-L record as a performance indicator.

Right- I just told you why above. Any comment is an opinion, including yours. You can’t prove he’s NOT slightly above average. That’s my point.

and btw- I stated I’m comfortable using the W-L record as a performance indicator.

Yes I can prove it lol. All you’ve gotta do is look around the league.... pick a GM from another team and compare how many pro bowls, all pro’s, starters, and busts. Then do the same for FA and trades.

W-L can be factored but it doesn’t account for what the GM inherited before him. I’m sure it’s also on JRob Vrabel punted on 4th and 2....this isn’t something you can use ONE stat to make an educated decision on. But if that’s all you’re willing to look at I can’t change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back