Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into today, I had hopes that the Titans would win 4 of the final 5 games. After seeing the performance against the Jags, they will be lucky to win 2 of the last 4 to finish with a winning record for the season.

I don't know if it is talent or coaching but suspect both contribute to the dismal performance seen this season.
I am 100% convinced it is 100% coaching... the reasons...

since vrabel has been here, exactly how many non-linebackers/d-line have improved in any real way? How many players have been on this roster in his time here and outside of the linebacker position we have not found one single diamond in the rough, not one single okay player that developed into a good player.

How many WRs have been on the roster in Vrabel's time? 35-40 or so? and you mean to tell me NFL coaches havent been able to find ONE to be a staple on our offense? Not a single one?

How many o-lineman have come through Vrabel's offense? 20+? and the best we have come down with is Ben Jones? Where is the development and coaching to play as a unit? It is non-existant.

Ok, what Coach are you talking about that we need. I'm sorry but Vince Lombardi himself could not win with this o-line.

I think that Vrabel needs to unload/reload a lot of his staff relative to strength and conditioning, and I think he needs to dump Downing. Personally I would like to see Frank Reich brought in...partly for OC, but more importantly to develop Willis.

Again apologies to the Fans who were at the game and had to watch what the Titans were putting out on the field. You paid good money but not for this ...

Same here man. 1978-2022 = 44 years of mostly pain with just a few good years mixed in.
That's awesome man... just about the same time as me. I followed Earl Campbell from UT. Been a fan ever since. Heck, I have a freaking oiler tattoo on my arm. I guess that makes me old, lol.

This team will always let you down, no matter the players, coaching or whatever else. They are who they are, cursed! 40 plus year fan and nothing has changed. Remember, they don't care about you because win or lose they wash it all away with the millions they make. Don't let this teams steal your peace, just watch them and understand that every year, this is about as good as they will get. You will be a lot happier once your accept it.

Our D could have been elite. But loosing the o-line early put our D on the field way too often so they succumbed to injuries. JR's fault and Amy realized it was the lack of Depth and experience at the o-line, which was exposed by Lewan's injury and ultimately ruined the entire season. That cannot be blamed on coaching.
I don’t think we have the corners to be an elite defense no matter what. And our pass rush is still pretty weak, especially without Autry out on the field.

And like you said, not enough depth this year to overcome the rash of injuries and the offense is a train wreck. Bottom line, we are talent deprived and it’s showing up this year big time. We can’t even hang with the Jaguars of the NFL, let alone the real powerhouses.

Like I said, we are pretenders that have been exposed 3 weeks in a row now.

since vrabel has been here, exactly how many non-linebackers/d-line have improved in any real way? How many players have been on this roster in his time here and outside of the linebacker position we have not found one single diamond in the rough, not one single okay player that developed into a good player.

How many WRs have been on the roster in Vrabel's time? 35-40 or so? and you mean to tell me NFL coaches havent been able to find ONE to be a staple on our offense? Not a single one?

How many o-lineman have come through Vrabel's offense? 20+? and the best we have come down with is Ben Jones? Where is the development and coaching to play as a unit? It is non-existant.
He’s a head coach not a linebacker coach. Yes he’s accountable for his staff. But he doesn’t get to pick the people who he works with.

Was watching Tammy in post game press conference and I had deja vu. He kept saying, “We were moving the ball, then we kept shooting ourselves in the foot” that’s his favorite line.

Just want to say that we are all in this together. I know some of you are fans longer than I am some have been fans like me for 25+ years and some are coming on board. We are about to go through a rebuild and it can be fun if you don’t focus on winning immediately as the objective. I believe we have a really good owner, a great coach, and serious holes in the OL, DB, and WR positions. These must be filled. They can be filled in the next 2 to 3 year time frame, which will coincide with the new stadium. I believe the Titans will have a Lombardi in the next five years. Tighten up!

You sound like the guy who wanted to get rid of Phillips way back when. The Owner ultimately relented to the idiocy and ruined a coule be powerhouse and regretted ever since. Might say the team was never the same ultimately till they moved, but keep on saying this coaching staff is the issue.

You sound like the guy who wanted to get rid of Phillips way back when. The Owner ultimately relented to the idiocy and ruined a coule be powerhouse and regretted ever since. Might say the team was never the same ultimately till they moved, but keep on saying this coaching staff is the issue.
So we find one of the Downing supporters, interesting.

Todd is that you?

Welcome to the Thunderdome!

Maybe unpopular opinion here but the game wasn’t as bad as the scoreboard indicated.

Keep in mind…

- Tannehill had a lost fumble on our own 20 that led to a Jaguars TD

- Tannehill throws a pick in Jaguars territory and in field goal range.

- Henry fumbles the ball at the Jaguars 20 and under 2 minutes. So instead of us scoring and running out the clock, Jaguars get it back and score a TD before the half.

So in reality, we don’t cough up the ball like the way we did, this game would have been a Titans blown out by halftime and Henry would have ran out the clock in the second half with how he was running over the Jaguars.

Maybe unpopular opinion here but the game wasn’t as bad as the scoreboard indicated.

Keep in mind…

- Henry fumbles the ball at the Jaguars 20 and under 2 minutes. So instead of us scoring and running out the clock, Jaguars get it back and score a TD before the half.

So in reality, we don’t cough up the ball like the way we did, this game would have been a Titans blown out by halftime and Henry would have ran out the clock in the second half with how he was running over the Jaguars.

And if Matt Ryan didn't fumble twice a game every game, the Colts would have a shot at the division...

This current Titans roster showed it's standard, simple as that.

Keep in mind…

Is that your outlook on games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back