Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laserjock said:
Calico back? A given? Why is he not in the likely or question mark???

Do they think another offseason and he is back to form??? I don't know.

Potential, cheap, 2 years to return to pre-injury form...if he ever lives up to expectations and we cut him, that's a carton of eggs on our face.

Why would Lamont Thompson be a question mark? There are no veteran safeties on the team if both he and Tank Williams are let go. Why make a young and shaky secondary even younger and shakier?

If one safety has to go, the logical choice would be Williams since Thompson just signed a new contract last July. I honestly wish both guys could stay, however.

elfinmagic53 said:
If one safety has to go, the logical choice would be Williams since Thompson just signed a new contract last July. I honestly wish both guys could stay, however.

Why? Do you enjoy seeing them get ran over for TD's?

super_titan said:
Why? Do you enjoy seeing them get ran over for TD's?

The fact that people make it that far into the defense is NOT Tank or Lamont's fault. They were busy trying to do their jobs and also look out for the rookie corner's.

Perhaps if they weren't forced to play with 2 rookie corners, they would be able to stay in their slots and not get beat so bad in the backfield.

elfinmagic53 said:
Why would Lamont Thompson be a question mark?
Because he has done nothing here and to keep him they'll have to give him a $1.275M base salary plus a $2.5M bonus. He ain't worth it...

Starkiller said:
Because he has done nothing here and to keep him they'll have to give him a $1.275M base salary plus a $2.5M bonus. He ain't worth it...

And what would the alternative be? What veteran safety is already on the team and will do better in 2006? And exactly why hasn't he done anything here? Ummmm, maybe because he's trying to fill gaps that are left by the rookie corners!

elfinmagic53 said:
And what would the alternative be? What veteran safety is already on the team and will do better in 2006? And exactly why hasn't he done anything here? Ummmm, maybe because he's trying to fill gaps that are left by the rookie corners!
As I posted on another thread, he was just as bad the year before with 2 veterans at the corners.

Fuller should be our starting FS next year.

As for SS, we might have a hard time finding someone who is less effective than Tank has been over the last 3 years.

elfinmagic53 said:
Dang, ya'll some straight haters:irked: give some solid evidence that he can't read an OFFENSE, cause why would he need to read a Defense? I tell you what.....:sad2:

constantly getting beat = solid evidence.

Gunny said:
constantly getting beat = solid evidence.

Bah, not true. Besides, offense isn't supposed to be making it to the backfield. So there is a severe breakdown at the line of scrimmage for a person to even be in the backfield!:hmm:

perhaps if they played Saftey they would be able to read run and attack the ball carrier - wait they do play saftey yet they were constant no shows in the run D. Rookie CB's to blame for sure.

elfinmagic53 said:
The corner should have that covered. The safety is the wingman on that play.

maybe I am old fashioned but I am sure the Free Safety always has to have the play in front of him, not behind him.

Gunny said:
maybe I am old fashioned but I am sure the Free Safety always has to have the play in front of him, not behind him.

Yeah, it's just you. I'm right. You're wrong. Now I gotta get going. Night Night.:kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back