Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamont will be gone, Fuller will take his place and the jury is still out on what happens to Tank - in all likelyhood he's gone too or kept for depth. We'll find a SS on the FA market.

FA might be the most effective way to find a SS at decent value. We may need a vet to play opposite Fuller anyway because if we go SS in the draft we would essentially have two rookies back there (not that they could be any worse than what we had last year).

Rich gardner gone?

I'm assuming these lists have to do with who will be in camp, under contract not predictions of who will be cut in camp.

Why would a third year, third rd draft choice not be in camp? Gardner didn't show much as a corner but he is a good special teams player and i would think they would give him a shot. Don't tell me he isn't under contract for his third season.

As for benji(the dog) i say cut him loose. Any mediocre veteran can be picked up for half his price tag. Maybe stewart or bell will be ready to step in and own that spot for the next several years. I like stewart but he is tall for a guard.

I remember that the coaching staff was all in love with Vinny Fuller before his injury, but some of you seem ready to hand over the starting job @ FS to him. To be honest, I can barely remember the guy. He got hurt real early. Why do you guys think he will be an improvement over Lamont? And don't just say it will be addition by subtraction here, he was good enough to play here for a couple of years, and he is better than Nickey would be.

Can Fuller walk and chew gum at the same time?
If so he is an upgrade to Lamont.
All joking aside, Fuller cannot be any worse and has some upside. Lamont has had his chance and failed. His money would be better spent on a FA.

Soxcat said:
Can Fuller walk and chew gum at the same time?
If so he is an upgrade to Lamont.
All joking aside, Fuller cannot be any worse and has some upside. Lamont has had his chance and failed. His money would be better spent on a FA.

Lamont was signed to a long term deal, less than a year ago. Why would the team take a cap hit and release him one year later?

Bah, not gonna happen:sad2:

Lamont was signed to a long term deal that included a $2.5M option bonus this year. If the Titans don't pick up the option, they don't take any big penalty. We'd save $1.3M in cap room by letting him go.

super_titan said:
Lamont Thompson= Deron Jenkins of safety's

Yeah, right. Vincent Fuller is gonna be better than Lamont. When Lamont is back in camp and making multiple picks in the 2006 season, you'll be changing your story.:suspect:

Soxcat said:
We wouldn't save alot but we would save about 1.3 million if we cut him before 6/1.
But that's just this year's cap. Over time, we'd also save the $1.875 of cap room that his option would count in future seasons.

Plus, there is no different 6/1 figure for cap savings for any player this year unless they sign a new CBA before then.

elfinmagic53 said:
Sorry hater, he'll be back. Now stop trying to throw shade and salt on L.T.'s game.
LT is terrible. I hope they get rid of his a$$.... He's a big part of the reason why our secondary has been so bad for the last two years.

No, seriously. I really wish they would find another safety somewhere. You can call it being a hater if you want but he still sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back