Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one on here's a hater of LT. We have some haters of a few other players on here, but no one gives criticizm on Lamont that's pure opinion, with no basis in his play. He hasn't shown up this year. Hurts to say it, but I hope he's gone. Elfin, if you're such a fan of his, give us some stats, or refer us to some plays he's made, or something. We have too many memories of him getting torched this year, or just getting run straight through by a RB.

then kindergarden crush.

point is, facts are facts his play was terrible this year and you havent been able to back up why you think he is a good player.

GoTitans3801 said:
No one on here's a hater of LT. We have some haters of a few other players on here, but no one gives criticizm on Lamont that's pure opinion, with no basis in his play. He hasn't shown up this year. Hurts to say it, but I hope he's gone. Elfin, if you're such a fan of his, give us some stats, or refer us to some plays he's made, or something. We have too many memories of him getting torched this year, or just getting run straight through by a RB.

A few bad games doesn't mean you release a guy:irked:

He's had a pick this year and has run down lots of people and stopped them from scoring. He's very fast. He had a great year in 2004 and was rewarded with a 5 year dear in 2005. The Titans have released players, much to their chagrin, and don't want to repeat their past mistakes.

They are not going to release Lamont on the off-chance that they will maybe get a better safety (not that there's one out there). As I've said, when he shows up in camp and has a Pro Bowl 2006 season, you'll change your story.:chuck:

Gunny said:
then kindergarden crush.

point is, facts are facts his play was terrible this year and you havent been able to back up why you think he is a good player.

It's spelled 'kindergarTen'! And I don't have any kind of crush. Why I gotta have a crush on a guy to state facts?:chairwack

no better safeties out there?

Archuleta and Chavous are automatic upgrades over LT.

What possible reason has gotten you to believe he will have a good 2006 season?

elfinmagic53 said:
It's spelled 'kindergarTen'!

I'd be worried if I was doing a spelling test. Thanks Webster.

And I don't have any kind of crush. Why I gotta have a crush on a guy to state facts?:chairwack

Do you read what I said? Where did I say that you gotta have a cruch to state facts?

The facts are there, LT has a terrible season. Everyone here agrees, just accept it and hope he is still a Titan next season and that he will play better.

Well I guess maybe Im a hater because I Hate players that SUCK If LT didnt SUCKI guess Iwouldnt hate on him so much, but the fact is Lamont SUCKS So therefore I must hate him becuse of the SUCK Factor

We are all Titans fans. We like players that help the Titans win. 'Most' people here seem to have a good understanding of football. Most people would like to see LT cut or at least benched. I'm sure you can put the pieces together. In the end, it really doesn't matter what we think.

IMO he is still young and we just signed him to a deal so he didn't try as hard as he should have this year. I'm not very happy about that, but at the same time, we will probably ditch Tank Williams in the offseason and Vincent Fuller was injured all year last year. We can only plug so many holes in the draft (assuming we draft well... umm yea). We might as well keep him and bring in some other people and let them all compete for the starting job. I might ask him to take a pay cut after that performance this year though...

Titans2008 said:
IMO he is still young and we just signed him to a deal so he didn't try as hard as he should have this year. I'm not very happy about that, but at the same time, we will probably ditch Tank Williams in the offseason and Vincent Fuller was injured all year last year. We can only plug so many holes in the draft (assuming we draft well... umm yea). We might as well keep him and bring in some other people and let them all compete for the starting job. I might ask him to take a pay cut after that performance this year though...

He didn't try as hard as he should have? So you honestly think a new contract would make a person take a nap on the job?

When you have a bad day at work do you give back part of your salary? I don't think so!

super_titan said:
Well I guess maybe Im a hater because I Hate players that SUCK If LT didnt SUCKI guess Iwouldnt hate on him so much, but the fact is Lamont SUCKS So therefore I must hate him becuse of the SUCK Factor

And you played safety for what pro team?:irked: Yeah, someone who has never played a down in a pro game has the nerve to say that a pro safety sucks:sad2:

what kind of stupid arguement is that?
When a safety gets burned deep constantly, he sucks. You don't have to play the game to know that.

Since Ryan Leaf was a pro-QB does that automatically make him good?

elfinmagic53 said:
He didn't try as hard as he should have? So you honestly think a new contract would make a person take a nap on the job?

When you have a bad day at work do you give back part of your salary? I don't think so!

It happens every year. Watch the NBA sometimes. Teams LOVE to have a good player in their contract year because they know they will give 100 percent effort to try to cash it into a lucrative long-term deal. It's human nature and pretty much universal across all sports.

I don't get paid millions of dollars or have my job guaranteed for 5 years, either. Besides, lets say I worked as a manager at McDonalds. If I screw up something in management, I may well be asked to go back to being a cashier as opposed to being fired. It happens every day.

And someone whos has never played in a pro game has the nerve to say he is great

Oh and i was wondering how many pullups you can do hanging from LT's jock?

super_titan said:
And someone whos has never played in a pro game has the nerve to say he is great

Oh and i was wondering how many pullups you can do hanging from LT's jock?

This morning I did about 45. I quit counting when I reached 25, so I'm estimating:kiss:

An Ode to Lamont.....

Lamont, Lamont. The best safety in the game.
Don't listen to the haters,
They are all so lame.
You're the best.

Hey, I think that was a Haiku:ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back