Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha at least Vrabel knows…

"Every time we go out there to kick I hope they do their job, no matter who it is – whether it's Brett Kern, Randy, or the 53 other kickers that we've had since I've been here," Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said on Wednesday.

Quick Hits After Wednesday's Titans Practice
Curious if that’s he feels about all the positions.
I HOPE the LT does his job every time he’s out there to block.
But apparently a LT gets more leniency on a bad day (or 15) than any of those 53 kickers he acknowledges we’ve rolled through.

Do I think he kicked well enough to keep his job this year, no.
Do I think his first game back was poor, yep. And to help prove my point, he went 3/4 xp the next week and perfect from there on out in XP. His FG were iffy, but he was 8/8 after his first game misses in the next 2 weeks.

He was also 7/8 from 50+, his inconsistencies from under that are likely what cost him his job.

So for comparison, I absolutely think Badgley should have gotten another couple weeks at least. Same with santos 2 years ago, although that loss to Buffalo was a painful one. Then I thought Parkey could have stayed and played through his misses.
I also think we should have kept Joseph from a couple years ago meaning Gostkowski wouldn’t have been here at all last year (unless of course Joseph started missing).

I was glad to move on from Succup, didn’t see him bouncing back, dead wrong, he’s doing fine.
I was ok moving on from Gostkowski after a season full of inconsistencies with FG inside 50.
Santoso was a waste and never kicked any FG or XP. Not sure why he was on the team really, but does add another piece that Vrabel, JRob, or whoever is picking kickers is a little out of their league.

Point is we need guys to step in and make kicks. At this point, if you can’t handle that pressure then see ya. You’ve got a job to do.

We hang onto Gostkowski, and fans complain. We move on from guys immediately and fans complain.

Curious if that’s he feels about all the positions.
I HOPE the LT does his job every time he’s out there to block.
But apparently a LT gets more leniency on a bad day (or 15) than any of those 53 kickers he acknowledges we’ve rolled through.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that yes Vrabel hopes the LT does his job every time he’s out there.

Of course your LT is going to get more rope than a kicker… lol cmon man.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that yes Vrabel hopes the LT does his job every time he’s out there.

Of course your LT is going to get more rope than a kicker… lol cmon man.
So you picked up on the facetious drop.

That said, since Lewan will directly contribute to the death of Tannehill, Id have to think that leash should be shorter than a kicker missing some FG.

Point is we need guys to step in and make kicks. At this point, if you can’t handle that pressure then see ya. You’ve got a job to do.

We hang onto Gostkowski, and fans complain. We move on from guys immediately and fans complain.
Absolutely. We need a kicker to step in and make kicks.

So which kicker do we got?

Does it help to sign and cut a kicker every week? Especially if we’re just going through recycled kickers that couldn’t make kicks with other teams which explains the availability.

Absolutely. We need a kicker to step in and make kicks.

So which kicker do we got?

Does it help to sign and cut a kicker every week? Especially if we’re just going through recycled kickers that couldn’t make kicks with other teams which explains the availability.

Yes it makes sense to cut kickers until we find one that makes one. That’s kind of the point. Getting a kicker that can make kicks.

What kicker do we got? His name is Randy Bullock.

So Henry missing blitz pickups means he should be too? Lol unreal what I’m reading.
Because you posed the question, yep.
Every single guy that missed one 1 play should be cut.
Coaches don’t really have “plays” to fail at, but I’m sure Vrabel, Bowen, and downing all messed up at least one play, so yep, they should be fired too.

Since JRob is responsible for all this nonsense he should be fired too.

As a matter of fact, Amy Adams should sell because she has made mistakes too.

So titans, new ownership, probably location, and team name.

That’s exactly what’s I said because there is zero difference between what Lewan failed at and what Henry failed at and there is definitely no way that Henry missing a block is any different than Lewan failing to make a block.

Yes it makes sense to cut kickers until we find one that makes one. That’s kind of the point. Getting a kicker that can make kicks.

What kicker do we got? His name is Randy Bullock.
Right, we had Joseph who didn’t miss any while a Titan, but gone. And you’re right, they need to make kicks, so I understand you were for getting rid of Gostkowski the week he returned.
So in your eyes, every single week, outside the random weeks we don’t use the kicker or they happened to make however many opportunities they get that week, we should have a new kicker.
Maybe bullock goes a perfect 6/6 this week but misses a 45 yarder next week. On to a new kicker I guess.

Pretty solid strategy, There are lots of retread kickers out there.

Because you posed the question, yep.
Every single guy that missed one 1 play should be cut.
Coaches don’t really have “plays” to fail at, but I’m sure Vrabel, Bowen, and downing all messed up at least one play, so yep, they should be fired too.

Since JRob is responsible for all this nonsense he should be fired too.

As a matter of fact, Amy Adams should sell because she has made mistakes too.

So titans, new ownership, probably location, and team name.

That’s exactly what’s I said because there is zero difference between what Lewan failed at and what Henry failed at and there is definitely no way that Henry missing a block is any different than Lewan failing to make a block.

You don’t understand why Left Tackles in the NFL have a longer leash than a kicker. That’s all we need to know.

Right, we had Joseph who didn’t miss any while a Titan, but gone. And you’re right, they need to make kicks, so I understand you were for getting rid of Gostkowski the week he returned.
So in your eyes, every single week, outside the random weeks we don’t use the kicker or they happened to make however many opportunities they get that week, we should have a new kicker.
Maybe bullock goes a perfect 6/6 this week but misses a 45 yarder next week. On to a new kicker I guess.

Pretty solid strategy, There are lots of retread kickers out there.

Nope. You’re comprehension skills are lacking. Im starting to remember why I try and avoid “conversations” with you.

I never said cut a kicker after their first miss after a good game. But we should probably cut a kicker who didn’t make a single FG and missed an extra point too. You’ve gotta earn a leash. You don’t just have it given to you because sometimes people have bad days (although true).

Gotta make some kicks before you’ve got a leash long enough you can not make a kick.

Badgley makes his extra point and FG before half it’s a 2 score game at half.

What happened after halftime? Byard pick and Titans TD. All of a sudden it’s a one score game. Totally changes the complexion of the game.

But we are talking to a guy who doesn’t understand why a LT gets more leash than a kicker. So this will probably go right over his head too.

Nope. You’re comprehension skills are lacking. Im starting to remember why I try and avoid “conversations” with you.

I never said cut a kicker after their first miss after a good game. But we should probably cut a kicker who didn’t make a single FG and missed an extra point too. You’ve gotta earn a leash. You don’t just have it given to you because sometimes people have bad days (although true).

Gotta make some kicks before you’ve got a leash long enough you can not make a kick.
No, I used the tactic you always use with everyone.
You said you cut kickers that dont make FG. That must mean, every time a kicker misses, they need cut after the game. That’s what you said.

See how annoying that is?

Badgley makes his extra point and FG before half it’s a 2 score game at half.

What happened after halftime? Byard pick and Titans TD. All of a sudden it’s a one score game. Totally changes the complexion of the game.

But we are talking to a guy who doesn’t understand why a LT gets more leash than a kicker. So this will probably go right over his head too.
So the game is on Badgley?

No, I used the tactic you always use with everyone.
You said you cut kickers that dont make FG. That must mean, every time a kicker misses, they need cut after the game. That’s what you said.

See how annoying that is?

No I said it makes sense to cut kickers until we find one who makes one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back