Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say whatever you want, but John Goodman is a CRIMINALLY UNDER-RATED actor. It's wild to look back on how many projects have been made all the better just by his presence.

And I get it, I totally get it, Blue Brothers is beloved, and I remember thinking before BB2000 started that we were all just wasting our time. But I'll stand my ground that if you turn it on JUST wanting to hear some good music, you won't be disappointed. If you go in thinking it's an oscar contender, then yes, you will be disappointed. But you have to go in with the proper level of VERY low expectations.

I also got paid to watch Austin Powers back in '97 because I was the ONLY employee at the theater that wanted to preview it. But I'll save that story for later.

I saw it suggested that Vrabel staying may increase the chance of Henry getting re-signed. Opinion only not “reported”

but it begs the question, if keeping Henry in Nashville only happens by keeping Vrabel, do you keep Vrabel?
Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve bedded a 10 and woke up with a 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I think the Vrabel firing also hurts re-signing Henry.

Not that Henry follows Vrabel, but as many are clamoring for, a “new offensive mind”, RB is usually an after thought. Most of these pass happy teams put whatever pud RB they can find for cheap.

hope I’m wrong and titans find a way to bring him back.

I think Henry is gone for sure now...not saying he'll follow Vrabel but it wouldn't surprise me...a better replacement for Zeke's role

Following the firing, running back Derrick Henry, who has spent his entire career thus far with the Titans, reacted to the news.

"Wow. Wow. I'm shocked. Coach Vrabel is a leader of men. He is a great coach and teacher. I know he will get another opportunity right away. I look forward to it," Henry, who is a free agent this offseason

EG27 is adored here, but DH22 is the greatest running back in franchise history. If he did indeed play his final game as a Titan, thank you for an amazing career and giving everything you got despite the shaky offensive line and lackluster running schemes. First ballot HoF for sure.

2019 playoff DH’s run was one of the greatest performances we’ve ever witnessed from a running back.

He's basically perfect face of franchise IMO

- Didn't whine, ever; to the press or refs or anything publicly
- Never got into trouble off the field
- Didn't showboat
- Made commercials that weren't cringe
- Didn't take games off or constantly want to come off the field
- Didn't hold out for a higher payday
- Just did his job and peace'd out on defenses

He's basically perfect face of franchise IMO

- Didn't whine, ever; to the press or refs or anything publicly
- Never got into trouble off the field
- Didn't showboat
- Made commercials that weren't cringe
- Didn't take games off or constantly want to come off the field
- Didn't hold out for a higher payday
- Just did his job and peace'd out on defenses
I’ll add
- wanted other players to succeed (like making Lewis come in the game to score in that Epic game vs. Jax or when he helped Earl Thomas with his blocking assignment vs. the Ravens)

LOL

people forget how helpful DH22 was

derrick-henry-earl-thomas.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back