Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine Henry on the Dolphins? That would be unfair. The Ravens? Good grief, that run game would be unstoppable. The Bills? He’d have another 2000 yard season. I could go on, but the point is, he’s still worth paying. I have a feeling money won’t be the issue.
I actually think it might not be as dominant as you suggest for this reason.
While I think he would thrive and improve the team, he also has to get carries which does take away from the other guys.
If Mia still has Mostart and Achane, BDH is just overkill.
If Balt swaps Henry in for Edwards, as long as Edwards mostly falls out of the picture, between BDH and LJ, could be lethal.
Buffalo would have dial back the passing a little and I’m sure they’d love to have Allen take less runs. If James cook can produce, Henry certainly could.

I really hope we find a way to bring him back. One of the best titans ever. There are a couple teams out there though with amazing olines, already are contenders, and could use a big powerful back..I dare not say their names for I do not want the negs lol

I actually think it might not be as dominant as you suggest for this reason.
While I think he would thrive and improve the team, he also has to get carries which does take away from the other guys.
If Mia still has Mostart and Achane, BDH is just overkill.
If Balt swaps Henry in for Edwards, as long as Edwards mostly falls out of the picture, between BDH and LJ, could be lethal.
Buffalo would have dial back the passing a little and I’m sure they’d love to have Allen take less runs. If James cook can produce, Henry certainly could.
I’m not saying Henry would have 2000 yards on any team, but he makes certain teams lethal. Miami is all about overkill and running the ball. He would make them almost unstoppable. Baltimore hasn’t had a running back to make it through an entire season in years. Henry gives them a stable productive back that is almost as dangerous as LJ. Etc.

Would root for Henry as Bill. Not as a Raven. For obvious reasons, but think he could still be the feature back in Buffalo and get those screens.

Derrick is my favorite RB of all time now - especially when he can churn out 1k yards and snag a pro bowl bid --- I guarantee you Eddie's last year would have been 40x worse with this line.... but Derrick worked through it.

The titan fan side of me hopes we can squeeze out another contract worth 2-3 years, long enough for him to hang it up for a career as a Titan....

But the football knowledge side, knows that his age, us being 3/5 OL short of what he needs to get what he wants (another 2k yards probably), Tyjae Spears showing us he's gonna be a deadly 3 down back (I was super excited when we drafted him, even though I knew what it meant for DH22) and our total roster situation.....

Someone who is a RB away will throw him a check larger than we can facilitate --- Philly, KC, Buf, DEN even -- the list goes on and on...... and the fact we are in total rebuild, gives us ZERO gambling chips at the negotiating table.

THANK YOU KING HENRY. It's been an awesome run! Go chase your Super Bowl, and we wait eagerly for your entry into the HOF.

I saw it suggested that Vrabel staying may increase the chance of Henry getting re-signed. Opinion only not “reported”

but it begs the question, if keeping Henry in Nashville only happens by keeping Vrabel, do you keep Vrabel?

I really hope DH22 changes his mind and comes back, but let’s be honest, he was giving a farewell speech after the Jaguars game

I saw it suggested that Vrabel staying may increase the chance of Henry getting re-signed. Opinion only not “reported”

but it begs the question, if keeping Henry in Nashville only happens by keeping Vrabel, do you keep Vrabel?
92Kx7D.gif

I say keep Henry- let him finish a Titan unless he really wants to be somewhere else. Yesterday proves he can still get it done when he has protection.

Blues Brothers 2000 is a movie that should have never been made. Once Belushi was gone it should have died with him. No one was replacing him
It’s so sad. That even came out well before Hollywood had reached the bottom of their ideas. It’s a shame they have none left and abused a lot of talents in that “movie”.

Vrabel is kind of like John Goodman in that scenario.
Henry is clearly Akroyd and maybe Belushinis 2019/20 THill, great at the time but definitely dead.

Blues Brothers 2000 is only a bad movie when compared to the classic that is the original. I worked at a theater when it came out and we all adored it at the preview screening. The music acts are incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back