Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, except that this assumes that Henry wants to stay with the Titans (who IMO will not sniff the SB before he functionally has to retire).

IMO he is a HOF running back, but the scrutiny on RBs are pretty high these days (EG was dumped when the list was pared down from 25 to 15 again this year....although Fred Taylor made the "finalist list"....go figure). Without a SB ring IMO he is going to struggle to get HOF status.

Maybe I am less "loyal" than what we all perceive him to be, but if I was in his position I would seek a short term contract with a team that can contend for a SB appearance in the next two years (Chiefs, Ravens, Eagles, Bengals, others). He has had a great career with the Titans, but I do not see him getting into deep postseason games with the Titans before he becomes much less relevant to our offense.

I hate saying that, but it is what it is IMO.

Whatever he decides to do, I will continue to root for him, and if he does get to HOF, I will be there if I can be.
Personally, I think Henry wants to stay but not be cheated a lot of money in the process. Not sure exactly what that means for cost.

I also have zero reason to assume the titans cannot put a team together and compete for a SB next year. Look at Indy and Hou this year as prime examples of quick turnaround. Both were expected to be dead before the midseason mark.

last point about HoF.
The biggest difference between Henry and EG27 is the era they play in.
EG was awesome for TN and what he did for the team but comparatively among other RBs of his timeline, he statistically doesn’t match up all that well.
Henry is opposite. From when he took over in 2018 to today, he had dominated EVERY other RB of the era. He also has 20 more TDs. Still less than Shaun Alexander which is the only thing that gives me any doubts about HoF for Henry. Get the man 2 more year at least. Add another 2k-2500 yards and another 15-20 TD, he should be sure fire HoF, maybe first ballot.

If he is willing to come back at 5-6 mill a year for 2-3 years then absolutely. I think he signs a 1 yr deal somewhere that he thinks he can win an SB. To me the Chiefs make a ton of sense, unfortunately...

Sadly the Ravens make the most sense if it’s a team that can win. Or Miami. I don’t think the Chiefs have the money. I don’t think their offense is for a RB like Henry. But none of those teams really have the cap space.

We will see if Henry goes to a winner or a team for the money.

Personally, I think Henry wants to stay but not be cheated a lot of money in the process. Not sure exactly what that means for cost.

I also have zero reason to assume the titans cannot put a team together and compete for a SB next year. Look at Indy and Hou this year as prime examples of quick turnaround. Both were expected to be dead before the midseason mark.

last point about HoF.
The biggest difference between Henry and EG27 is the era they play in.
EG was awesome for TN and what he did for the team but comparatively among other RBs of his timeline, he statistically doesn’t match up all that well.
Henry is opposite. From when he took over in 2018 to today, he had dominated EVERY other RB of the era. He also has 20 more TDs. Still less than Shaun Alexander which is the only thing that gives me any doubts about HoF for Henry. Get the man 2 more year at least. Add another 2k-2500 yards and another 15-20 TD, he should be sure fire HoF, maybe first ballot.

You may be right on the Titans ability to turn this around faster....they do have alot of cap $$ and a decent draft position this year. We will see though....

9-10 million is BIG money for a 30 year old RB on his 3rd contract.
Generally, it is. My point was I personally think he's worth it.

9-10 mil/yr would put him barely inside the top 10 average. I'd put money on his production for the next 2 seasons being top 10.

Henry seems like a really humble guy but he also understands the business and that this will possibly be the last chance he has at grabbing a big(ish) contract.

My whole point is, I'd pay him to stay in TN unless some team is offering some outrageous amount.

I dunno if this is a common negotiating tactic. Forsberg did it last year where he acted like he was done in Nashville. I tend to believe derrick tho. He definitely said goodbye in his entrance and post game interview just a matter if it's a mind game for the FO or if he's real.

If I was derrick I would leave for the simple fact that the hes taken out of the game on every 3rd and manageable. I refuse to believe any other org would do this.

Also, he's never even used to his full abilities. Whenever he gets a pass in the open field it's an automatic 20 yards and we can't put anything together to do that consistently.

Derrick could turn any playoff team into a real contender. He did it for us and we played the lowest IQ most vanilla football that you can play

My only regret is that over the past few years the coaching staff misused DH22, only utilized him as a workhorse not a real weapon.
He is not spears (we know that), but he can catch the ball

I think a lot of us felt like we would never truly run a “modern” offense until Henry’s days were over.

that being said I would welcome him back with a fair contract.

these are just my opinions

My only regret is that over the past few years the coaching staff misused DH22, only utilized him as a workhorse not a real weapon.
He had one of the best receptions of the season just recently. Never understood not getting him out on smaller defenders with his frame. His hands ain’t terrible.

I think a lot of us felt like we would never truly run a “modern” offense until Henry’s days were over.

that being said I would welcome him back with a fair contract.

these are just my opinions
RB thrive most on screens in the pass game.
Unfortunately, didn’t matter if the screen was to Henry, Chig, Burks, Moore, NWI, or Spears, the titans had about a 10% success rate.
Success being like 4 yards.

Ended up being 12 with 3 players within 24 yards of 1000. 2 under 10 yards

We will call that a push.
No, we won’t. 12 is closer to 10 than 15 and certainly than your original toss out there of 18.

if you tell me being under 1K doesn’t matter, even at 999, I tell you to find this guy, Dave Hampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back