Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry is #2 in rushing, behind only McCaffrey. That will likely translate into big money. Here or elsewhere.
Currently 2 RBs in the top 100 RB salaries that signed contracts at 30 years old +. Cordarelle Patterson at 5 mil /yr average and some other guy that I don't remember that was way down there at less than 2mil.

I guess it depends on your definition of big money... But typically NFL teams aren't paying 30 year old RBs big money on their 3rd contract.

Personally, I'd be ok with the Titans offering him 9-10m/yr for a couple more years.

Currently 2 RBs in the top 100 RB salaries that signed contracts at 30 years old +. Cordarelle Patterson at 5 mil /yr average and some other guy that I don't remember that was way down there at less than 2mil.

I guess it depends on your definition of big money... But typically NFL teams aren't paying 30 year old RBs big money on their 3rd contract.

Personally, I'd be ok with the Titans offering him 9-10m/yr for a couple more years.
9-10 million is BIG money for a 30 year old RB on his 3rd contract.

No! You shut your mouth! I had to live through Barry Sanders leaving before it was time. I will not do that again.
Its selfish as hell but I'd rather see him retire than in another jersey, would break my heart worse than my high school girlfriend, he ain't retiring though

9-10 million is BIG money for a 30 year old RB on his 3rd contract.

Agree....but IMO he is worth that. I still maintain that he has lost a step (or a partial step), BUT, with a good OL he is still a strong base RB for at least another 2 years here.

That said, I still think that he decides to seek a SB ring (which he will not get here before he retires).

If he is willing to come back at 5-6 mill a year for 2-3 years then absolutely. I think he signs a 1 yr deal somewhere that he thinks he can win an SB. To me the Chiefs make a ton of sense, unfortunately...

Agree....but IMO he is worth that. I still maintain that he has lost a step (or a partial step), BUT, with a good OL he is still a strong base RB for at least another 2 years here.

That said, I still think that he decides to seek a SB ring (which he will not get here before he retires).
30 or not, still among the best RB in the league and proved with spears to be a pretty good 1-2 punch.

fix the OL and reap the rewards.

Obviously he’s not the same player at 30, but did you see the way he was moving and cutting today? Definitely not the sign of a player on the verge of being washed

Even ignoring the stats he put up on the box score, look at the way he’s moving and cutting on this run, that’s clear evidence he’s still a very good player.

Didn't watch the game but the highlights, we have to bring Henry back at least on a 2 year deal he's still got it. Spears is pretty good but his role is what he does now with Henry, he's not a bell cow.

30 or not, still among the best RB in the league and proved with spears to be a pretty good 1-2 punch.

fix the OL and reap the rewards.

Agree, except that this assumes that Henry wants to stay with the Titans (who IMO will not sniff the SB before he functionally has to retire).

IMO he is a HOF running back, but the scrutiny on RBs are pretty high these days (EG was dumped when the list was pared down from 25 to 15 again this year....although Fred Taylor made the "finalist list"....go figure). Without a SB ring IMO he is going to struggle to get HOF status.

Maybe I am less "loyal" than what we all perceive him to be, but if I was in his position I would seek a short term contract with a team that can contend for a SB appearance in the next two years (Chiefs, Ravens, Eagles, Bengals, others). He has had a great career with the Titans, but I do not see him getting into deep postseason games with the Titans before he becomes much less relevant to our offense.

I hate saying that, but it is what it is IMO.

Whatever he decides to do, I will continue to root for him, and if he does get to HOF, I will be there if I can be.

Keep him with the team that believed in him from the start.

2 year deal with incentives. He’s a Titan legend like McNair and Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back