Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purdy 9 GP 114/170 67.1% 1374 Yards. 152 YPG 13TD 4INT. 107.3 RTG. 67.5 QBR

Stroud 12GP 265/418 63.4% 3540 295YPG 20TD 5INT 101.2 RTC 59.4 QBR.

So there are the numbers. You keep telling yourself yards don’t matter. Purdy has lots of weapons. Look at the talent of the 49ers and look at Houston’s. It’s not close. 49ers have a stacked roster. CJ Stroud is the truth, Purdy is very good also.
Dude, don't be a moron. When Purdy has been asked to throw, he has succeeded in doing so. Niners just happen to have a dynamic running back and power offensive set up. I don't give a chit which one is better either. Literally don't give a chit. Purdy is also 19-5 and was the last player picked in his draft class... want to know something else about Purdy- His yds per attempt are 9.6 vs your wonderboy (who I said yesterday was great) CJ who's yds per attempt are 8.5. Literally Purdy has outperformed the #2 pick in every measurable QB stat other than yds... think you were arguing with someone else about this, and I just asked a question. Now I have dived in and wiped your ass for ya for being a tool.. toodles.

Dude, don't be a moron. When Purdy has been asked to throw, he has succeeded in doing so. Niners just happen to have a dynamic running back and power offensive set up. I don't give a chit which one is better either. Literally don't give a chit. Purdy is also 19-5 and was the last player picked in his draft class... want to know something else about Purdy- His yds per attempt are 9.6 vs your wonderboy (who I said yesterday was great) CJ who's yds per attempt are 8.5. Literally Purdy has outperformed the #2 pick in every measurable QB stat other than yds... think you were arguing with someone else about this, and I just asked a question. Now I have dived in and wiped your ass for ya for being a tool.. toodles.

Thanks for wiping my ass for me. I’m not sure that’s what you meant to say. But whatever. LOL. But yea. You got me. LOL.

Oohhh. Ok…. But Vrabel gets the blame here even though you have ZERO evidence to back up your claim about what power or input Fisher had or what Vrabel has?

Did Fisher coach up Mason? Since Fisher was so known for being a genius on offense.

Or maybe it’s just that JRob picked bad players. Vrabel got stock with that.

No. Can’t be that. Can’t be that the talent is just so bad they can’t be coached up. Naw. No way.
got to say... if it was all talent alone then Titans should be on par with the average team as far as drafted guys that remain in NFL and get a second contract. I think that is a fair estimation of did the person progress as a player. Just remaining thru first contract often times means nothing more than your contract is cheap and is not any true indicator of talent

back when Reese was GM teams scooped up Titan cuts every year... it was kinda embarassing for them to be honest. Not the case anymore... granted back in the day the rosters were smaller and there are other variables...

I aint gonna do the research but it 'feels' like for a while now Titans draft picks have not been retained anywhere in the league past first contract at a way higher than average. Certainly as compared to when Reese was GM

Purdy 9 GP 114/170 67.1% 1374 Yards. 152 YPG 13TD 4INT. 107.3 RTG. 67.5 QBR

Stroud 12GP 265/418 63.4% 3540 295YPG 20TD 5INT 101.2 RTC 59.4 QBR.

So there are the numbers. You keep telling yourself yards don’t matter. Purdy has lots of weapons. Look at the talent of the 49ers and look at Houston’s. It’s not close. 49ers have a stacked roster. CJ Stroud is the truth, Purdy is very good also.
yards do matter ... to an extent

manning put up tons of yards going 3-13 chucking 30 INTs ( I really dont know how many ) and leading his team to multiple multiple score defeats. Cause garbage yards are cheap

I am just sayin'

Oohhh. Ok…. But Vrabel gets the blame here even though you have ZERO evidence to back up your claim about what power or input Fisher had or what Vrabel has?

Did Fisher coach up Mason? Since Fisher was so known for being a genius on offense.

Or maybe it’s just that JRob picked bad players. Vrabel got stock with that.

No. Can’t be that. Can’t be that the talent is just so bad they can’t be coached up. Naw. No way.

I have zero evidence? It’s a fact that has been confirmed by both Reese AND Fisher and others who were in the organization at the time, you dope.

Yeah, both Fisher and Vrabel had success when they had someone supplying them with talented teams. When those guys were ran off, they started to suck. Funny how that works.

yards do matter ... to an extent

manning put up tons of yards going 3-13 chucking 30 INTs ( I really dont know how many ) and leading his team to multiple multiple score defeats. Cause garbage yards are cheap

I am just sayin'
True, but it’s not a fair comparison to CJ. It’s his rookie season and he is popping off four TD’s to INTs. That’s smokin good- two to one or a bit better is better half of QBs in the league. I wasn’t even in on the Purdy thing, but he’s exactly the same, a bit better actually. Purdy just hasn’t been asked to sling it much, but when he has been asked he’s answered. Different styles of discipline. Manning threw so many picks he was almost playing for the other team. Then he kicked our ass for over a decade. Hate that big foreheaded dog squeeze.

I have zero evidence? It’s a fact that has been confirmed by both Reese AND Fisher and others who were in the organization at the time, you dope.

Yeah, both Fisher and Vrabel had success when they had someone supplying them with talented teams. When those guys were ran off, they started to suck. Funny how that works.
Did JRob take all of his talented players with him?

You can chill with the name calling. I know the truth. That’s my point. I agree with you. In fact Fisher was bad at it. Jon Robinson robbed him in a trade. GMs draft players and Coaches coach. In most situations. Vrabel didn’t hear. He might now. I don’t think he does.

JRob became bad at his job and gave the coaching staff bad talent.

No coach can be successful with bad talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t dispute that. I’m sure lots of good players have been selected 3rd round on….
Well most teams only have 2 picks in round 1-2, so if they didn’t find value in later rounds (even UDFA), it would take them a decade or more to field a decent team…

Jack Gibbens was undrafted. He’s not Lewis, Willis or Kuechley, but he’s pretty solid on our team. It’s crazy how many think a good NFL team consists of 53 pro bowlers.

Well most teams only have 2 picks in round 1-2, so if they didn’t find value in later rounds (even UDFA), it would take them a decade or more to field a decent team…

Jack Gibbens was undrafted. He’s not Lewis, Willis or Kuechley, but he’s pretty solid on our team. It’s crazy how many think a good NFL team consists of 53 pro bowlers.
I’d say there’s a pretty big difference between 53 and 4, one of which was an alternate and one is the LS.
Last season titans had Henry, Simmons, fox, and Ben jones was the alt.
Ben jones is gone, did the titans add another one or or they down to 3 pro bowlers?
I’ll also say it was a mistake Stonehouse wasn’t selected.

No talent can be good with bad coaching.

Tom Brady is the closests to an exception, but BB isn’t a bad coach, just not as good as the media painted him.
NFL is full of examples. Barry Sanders comes to mind immediately. Chad Johnson another..... I literally could name 50 but I don't have time right now.

I’d say there’s a pretty big difference between 53 and 4, one of which was an alternate and one is the LS.
Last season titans had Henry, Simmons, fox, and Ben jones was the alt.
Ben jones is gone, did the titans add another one or or they down to 3 pro bowlers?
I’ll also say it was a mistake Stonehouse wasn’t selected.
How many Pro Bowlers do teams average? KC afaik had 7 last season, so they still have 46 non-Pro Bowlers on the roster. The real difference is where you have your pro bowlers, not really how many.

NFL is full of examples. Barry Sanders comes to mind immediately. Chad Johnson another..... I literally could name 50 but I don't have time right now.
Remind me again how many Super Bowls Sanders and Johnson have?
Clearly they couldn’t overcome bad coaching.

Hopkins, Spears and Henry aren’t playing bad, Levis has been decent. If talent alone was the key we should average way more than 18 points on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back