Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Pro Bowlers do teams average? KC afaik had 7 last season, so they still have 46 non-Pro Bowlers on the roster. The real difference is where you have your pro bowlers, not really how many.
I think it’s the drop off between pro bowler and not individually and agree on specific positions.
We have guys running around that aren’t in any conversation about PB

I think it’s the drop off between pro bowler and not individually and agree on specific positions.
We have guys running around that aren’t in any conversation about PB
And lets also be clear that there are only so many spots on Pro Bowl teams. There are a lot of players that may play at a Pro Bowl level but don't get chosen because they already have the amount they needed picked. Its hard to say that only 7 people on the Chiefs last year played at a PB level just because only 7 were picked.

Any coach would rather have 53 guys who do what they are asked to do than a handful of ProBowlers and a handful of guys who can’t do their jobs. We have too many guys who just can’t do what they are asked to do. Now, it’s up to the coaches to figure out what those guys CAN do consistently and work with that.

Well most teams only have 2 picks in round 1-2, so if they didn’t find value in later rounds (even UDFA), it would take them a decade or more to field a decent team…

Jack Gibbens was undrafted. He’s not Lewis, Willis or Kuechley, but he’s pretty solid on our team. It’s crazy how many think a good NFL team consists of 53 pro bowlers.

Agreed. I said that. The scouting department takes care of that. HCs don’t scout. Jon Robinson and his scouts failed.

Remind me again how many Super Bowls Sanders and Johnson have?
Clearly they couldn’t overcome bad coaching.

Hopkins, Spears and Henry aren’t playing bad, Levis has been decent. If talent alone was the key we should average way more than 18 points on offense.
I believe the context was can talent over come bad coaching. The players I listed exemplify that. The bad coaching is what doesn’t get you a Super Bowl.

The talent level on our OL is putrid thanks to JRob. No team or RB even can achieve greatness without at least an average OL.

Any coach would rather have 53 guys who do what they are asked to do than a handful of ProBowlers and a handful of guys who can’t do their jobs. We have too many guys who just can’t do what they are asked to do. Now, it’s up to the coaches to figure out what those guys CAN do consistently and work with that.

And it's up to the head coach to make sure the coaches do that.

Since the Titans head coach isn't doing that he can go, despite being well respected

Ran doesn’t have the authority. Vrabel as well as most HCs don’t work for the GM. If you don’t know that you don’t know how it works.
If that's the case I don't want that here in Tennessee, it hardly ever works out in the long run. Yes there are outlier's but giving your HC complete control of the team is just stupid.

If that's the case I don't want that here in Tennessee, it hardly ever works out in the long run. Yes there are outlier's but giving your HC complete control of the team is just stupid.
lol he says ran cant fire him, and you twist that into "vrabel has complete control of the team"

alright then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back