Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is he’s wildly inconsistent with telling his men to go win it.
Last night before half was a prime example. 1:00 and change, run the clock
:28 seconds left, pass the ball and go for points.
He tries passing on the previous drive, may not have had to settle for a FG.

This is the problem…. You have no idea what he says or doesn’t say. Signals only matter to fans. On the sidelines the players know exactly why things are happening. But you make assumptions based on what you see them do on the field. Most decisions NFL coaches make are based on data. Not some gut feeling and definitely not based on what fans want.

Vrabel isn’t on the sidelines making every decision on his own. He has a staff of a lot of people that tell him what the analytics say, what the conditions are, etc etc. it also appears you expect him to make the decisions YOU think he should make and if he doesn’t somehow he is wrong. Coaches make decisions. They are wrong a lot. They are right a lot

If you are being truthful, how many of you anti Vrabel guys thought going for 2 was a mistake at that time? Even though the analytics say that was the right call. There was NO hesitation on that 2 point conversion. They knew they were doing it before they scored the TD.

If I’m wrong about what you are saying or think explain it.

This is the problem…. You have no idea what he says or doesn’t say. Signals only matter to fans. On the sidelines the players know exactly why things are happening. But you make assumptions based on what you see them do on the field. Most decisions NFL coaches make are based on data. Not some gut feeling and definitely not based on what fans want.

Vrabel isn’t on the sidelines making every decision on his own. He has a staff of a lot of people that tell him what the analytics say, what the conditions are, etc etc. it also appears you expect him to make the decisions YOU think he should make and if he doesn’t somehow he is wrong. Coaches make decisions. They are wrong a lot. They are right a lot

If you are being truthful, how many of you anti Vrabel guys thought going for 2 was a mistake at that time? Even though the analytics say that was the right call. There was NO hesitation on that 2 point conversion. They knew they were doing it before they scored the TD.

If I’m wrong about what you are saying or think explain it.
I think the product on the field is exactly what anyone watching should be making “assumptions” on. There is no other way for Vrabel and his staff to showcase their product.

if he relies on the decisions of his staff, that still falls on him, win lose or draw. So you can assume the criticism is at him directly or his staff, doesn’t matter, it falls on him.

what my criticism from this Miami game isn’t gut reactions or anything. He (or his staff) clearly had no issues sitting on the ball with 1:51.
Handoff, handoff w/ penalty, handoff, handoff. Punt.
With :28 seconds left, they air it out and despite using TO, run out of time and kick a FG on 3rd down in a goal to go situation.
Both drives started at the TN 21.

that defines inconsistency.
This is also something I’ve commented on for multiple games this season on the conservative game plan Vrabel rolls out in the 2:00 drill or shortly outside.

As far as the 2pt conversion, didn’t really have beef with it, he’s gone for the win before with a 2pt conversion at the end and if he had failed on this one, still had a chance for another on the next TD. In game, didn’t see a lot of complaints about going for 2, but it’s not like we don’t have a time stamped thread right here for you to review regarding any “anti-Vrabel” guys. If you see someone who complained, call them out.

I think the product on the field is exactly what anyone watching should be making “assumptions” on. There is no other way for Vrabel and his staff to showcase their product.

if he relies on the decisions of his staff, that still falls on him, win lose or draw. So you can assume the criticism is at him directly or his staff, doesn’t matter, it falls on him.

what my criticism from this Miami game isn’t gut reactions or anything. He (or his staff) clearly had no issues sitting on the ball with 1:51.
Handoff, handoff w/ penalty, handoff, handoff. Punt.
With :28 seconds left, they air it out and despite using TO, run out of time and kick a FG on 3rd down in a goal to go situation.
Both drives started at the TN 21.

that defines inconsistency.
This is also something I’ve commented on for multiple games this season on the conservative game plan Vrabel rolls out in the 2:00 drill or shortly outside.

As far as the 2pt conversion, didn’t really have beef with it, he’s gone for the win before with a 2pt conversion at the end and if he had failed on this one, still had a chance for another on the next TD. In game, didn’t see a lot of complaints about going for 2, but it’s not like we don’t have a time stamped thread right here for you to review regarding any “anti-Vrabel” guys. If you see someone who complained, call them out.

On that one decision. I completely understand the play calling with 1:51 vs 28. With 1:51 you might give the ball back with plenty of time. On the road you play conservative. Run the clock. Make Miami burn timeouts. With 28 you don’t have those concerns. You go for it and punt giving them no time. IM sure they did what the %s told them to do.

Tim Kelly called a really good game.

As far as time stamped…. I wasn’t taking about what people post. It’s what they thought immediately. Look, you can’t deny it. You hate Vrabel and want him gone. Any decision he makes you hate. Anyone who defends anything he does is just a homer. I don’t agree with all his decisions. But I’m not an expert and neither are you.

You drone on and on about “ highly respected “. You can’t seem to understand that he is highly respected. He is a very good HC.

On that one decision. I completely understand the play calling with 1:51 vs 28. With 1:51 you might give the ball back with plenty of time. On the road you play conservative. Run the clock. Make Miami burn timeouts. With 28 you don’t have those concerns. You go for it and punt giving them no time. IM sure they did what the %s told them to do.

As far as time stamped…. I wasn’t taking about what people post. It’s what they thought immediately. Look, you can’t deny it. You hate Vrabel and want him gone. Any decision he makes you hate. Anyone who defends anything he does is just a homer. I don’t agree with all his decisions. But I’m not an expert and neither are you.

You drone on and on about “ highly respected “. You can’t seem to understand that he is highly respected. He is a very good HC.
This is your assumption.

don’t hate Vrabel, do want him gone.
I haven’t shied from that and even posted my concerns when he was hired which has has done nothing but confirm, his scheme as DC or HC dealing with secondary has been 100% a consistent problem for him.

second, the compliment given to Vrabel against Miami was going for the throat on the 2 point conversion. He did the exact opposite sitting on the ball with 1:51 left in the first half. It’s a struggling team, on the road, and Vrabel should be playing for his job, he went conservative because he was afraid to give the ball back.
That shows no confidence in the offensive strategy and ultimately could have cost 4 points going into the half for a team that should have zero issues gambling in the position they’re in to go for wins.
Now match that decision with the exact same efforts week after week this season.
The fact that the team was so successful in the last 3:00 of the game offensively only makes his conservative approach in the first half and previous 12 weeks look that much worse.

Vrabel is a pu$$y. That’s a huge problem. On the rare occasion he tries to flash his nutsack, it’s often at inopportune times. At least if he was consistent like a riverboat Ron, it would make sense, but he isn’t, so it doesn’t.

And as far as droning on about highly respected, that’s everyone clowning on your statement that we should respect the guy because some talking heads around the NFL or associated media say the respect him as a HC.
Who gives a s**t what they say when it’s clear, especially in the media, that the titans are barely a blip on the radar and often you can listen to analysts and media misrepresent how the titans play or players on the field.

This is your assumption.

don’t hate Vrabel, do want him gone.
I haven’t shied from that and even posted my concerns when he was hired which has has done nothing but confirm, his scheme as DC or HC dealing with secondary has been 100% a consistent problem for him.

second, the compliment given to Vrabel against Miami was going for the throat on the 2 point conversion. He did the exact opposite sitting on the ball with 1:51 left in the first half. It’s a struggling team, on the road, and Vrabel should be playing for his job, he went conservative because he was afraid to give the ball back.
That shows no confidence in the offensive strategy and ultimately could have cost 4 points going into the half for a team that should have zero issues gambling in the position they’re in to go for wins.
Now match that decision with the exact same efforts week after week this season.
The fact that the team was so successful in the last 3:00 of the game offensively only makes his conservative approach in the first half and previous 12 weeks look that much worse.

Vrabel is a pu$$y. That’s a huge problem. On the rare occasion he tries to flash his nutsack, it’s often at inopportune times. At least if he was consistent like a riverboat Ron, it would make sense, but he isn’t, so it doesn’t.

Hate is used as a term of disgust with his coaching ability. You don’t know him personally. How could you hate him. But you knew what I meant. Vrabel is a pussy? Jesus man…. Really?

Secondary issues are a fact, with the Titans. Secondary issues can be directly attributed to the players selected. It’s like you think you can choose just anyone and the coach sucks if he can’t make them really good players. What’s he supposed to do if he gets Farley and Fulton who were supposed to be anchors and they don’t work out. What? You say it’s the scheme. It’s clearly the players and lack of talent. But you can’t just release everybody.

I have no idea what you are talking about with his 1 year as DC with the Texans.

You just literally have no idea WTF you are talking about. You just don’t. Vrabel is not a pussy.

Let’s just leave it at that.

And as far as droning on about highly respected, that’s everyone clowning on your statement that we should respect the guy because some talking heads around the NFL or associated media say the respect him as a HC.
Who gives a s**t what they say when it’s clear, especially in the media, that the titans are barely a blip on the radar and often you can listen to analysts and media misrepresent how the titans play or players on the field.

It’s not everyone. It’s like 3 of you 10 year olds who think they are NFL experts. But have no fucking clue WTF you are talking about.

You guys with your penis envy about how much the Titans get talked about. They get talked about as much as they deserve. They are still talking about Levis and the win Monday nite.

You just literally have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Hate is used as a term of disgust with his coaching ability. You don’t know him personally. How could you hate him. But you knew what I meant. Vrabel is a *****? Jesus man…. Really?

Secondary issues are a fact, with the Titans. Secondary issues can be directly attributed to the players selected. It’s like you think you can choose just anyone and the coach sucks if he can’t make them really good players. What’s he supposed to do if he gets Farley and Fulton who were supposed to be anchors and they don’t work out. What? You say it’s the scheme. It’s clearly the players and lack of talent. But you can’t just release everybody.

I have no idea what you are talking about with his 1 year as DC with the Texans.

You just literally have no idea WTF you are talking about. You just don’t. Vrabel is not a *****.

So you don’t understand.
obviously I’m not talking about just THIS year and the secondary issues. So both your argument for Farley and Fulton and we’ll as general lack of players goes out the window.
Vrabel run teams have terrible secondary. That’s him.

2023 22nd in pass D
2022 32nd in pass D
2021 25th in pass D
2020 29th in pass D
2019 24th in pass D
2018 6th in pass D
Houston was 24th in pass D 2017 with DC Vrabel.

nope, no clue what I’m talking about.

It’s not everyone. It’s like 3 of you 10 year olds who think they are NFL experts. But have no ****ing clue WTF you are talking about.

You guys with your penis envy about how much the Titans get talked about. They get talked about as much as they deserve. They are still talking about Levis and the win Monday nite.

You just literally have no idea WTF you are talking about.
And this is where you clearly misrepresent what I said.
“Everyone” in my context was referring to “everyone’s that is clowning you, you can find the list of who “everyone” in that context is.

You take this one game as example for the entirety of the titans when it took something not done in 6 years or however the comeback is broken down, possibly ever.
But just a short while ago, you have guys that don’t know who all pro Byard is, you have the same generic conversation, or in-game commentary, about the titans just being a team that tries to out tough everyone. Clearly that isn’t the case.
Then go review highlight reels, titans aren’t the only team slighted, but the coverage isn’t close to equal.
This is nothing new. Since you’ve only been a titans fan maybe the last couple years, you may not have noticed, but ask any fan that’s been around since relocation about general to specific media coverage, during bad or great seasons, is just not directed at the titans.

You misunderstand, I don’t care, never have. But I’m not going to consider the opinion of any of those same talking heads or networks any more than any other poster here on GT when I know those same talking heads and networks don’t remotely give any attention to the titans to even base their opinions on.
So “highly respected” can F off. It either your basis on people who don’t know what they’re talking about or the general league bodies that have a zero person list on who they claim is not respected.

So you don’t understand.
obviously I’m not talking about just THIS year and the secondary issues. So both your argument for Farley and Fulton and we’ll as general lack of players goes out the window.

2023 22nd in pass D
2022 32nd in pass D
2021 25th in pass D
2020 29th in pass D
2019 24th in pass D
2018 6th in pass D

Again… you have a reading comprehension issue. I never disputed the Titans have a secondary issue. But what happened in 2018?

Did we not have that issue before Vrabel got here?

2017 25th
2016 30th

2017 Texans…. Pass defense isn’t all on secondary. The Texans lost Watt and Mercilus early and their pass rush was trash after that. It had a huge impact. The secondary can only hold for so long. A great pash rush makes a great secondary. That’s a fact.

You can spin it however you want. But you don’t really know what you are talking about.

And this is where you clearly misrepresent what I said.
“Everyone” in my context was referring to “everyone’s that is clowning you, you can find the list of who “everyone” in that context is.

You take this one game as example for the entirety of the titans when it took something not done in 6 years or however the comeback is broken down, possibly ever.
But just a short while ago, you have guys that don’t know who all pro Byard is, you have the same generic conversation, or in-game commentary, about the titans just being a team that tries to out tough everyone. Clearly that isn’t the case.
Then go review highlight reels, titans aren’t the only team slighted, but the coverage isn’t close to equal.
This is nothing new. Since you’ve only been a titans fan maybe the last couple years, you may not have noticed, but ask any fan that’s been around since relocation about general to specific media coverage, during bad or great seasons, is just not directed at the titans.

You misunderstand, I don’t care, never have. But I’m not going to consider the opinion of any of those same talking heads or networks any more than any other poster here on GT when I know those same talking heads and networks don’t remotely give any attention to the titans to even base their opinions on.
So “highly respected” can F off. It either your basis on people who don’t know what they’re talking about or the general league bodies that have a zero person list on who they claim is not respected.

Shit up dude, again. No idea WTF you are talking about. …. I live in Houston. Lived in Nashville when they moved there

I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life. I have a closer connection and know more about this franchise than you can imagine. More than maybe anyone in this forum.

The Oilers/Titans don’t have a PR problem. You do. You have a sports team self esteem issue.

As I explained before. The media bases a large part of there programming on market share Nashville is a cool up and coming city and market but it’s still only 26th. The Titans get reported on about what they should be. Obviously if they were winning more you would hear more. When they do, you will. But why would anyone nationally give a shit about the Titans outside of Tennessee or the AFC South or next weeks opponent? They are talked about daily here in Houston. I assure you. They play this week.

This was maddening as hell. In the 4th with an opportunity to kick for a win or a tie, fair enough to kick on 3rd down. But in the 2nd with 7-8 seconds on the clock and a timeout left, you take one more shot. It was a chicken move to kick on 3rd down.

The people who 'highly respect' Mike Vrabel for being a good coach couldn't name 1 Titan player outside Henry, INTannehill, or now Will Levis. The opinion of such people seem to matter to you, for whatever reason, and that's fine. I guess. But those of us who watch the product on the field week after week see things differently than those who do not. And going for 2 after the first TD last week was a no-brainer, as you had literally nothing to lose. Quit pretending that was some genius level coaching decision. Remember when Vrabs kicked a field goal against the Saints, THAT was some genius level coaching - except that it wasn't.

NFL bad beat: Mike Vrabel's decision was confusing, it ruined Saints bettors too

So you don’t understand.

2023 22nd in pass D
2022 32nd in pass D
2021 25th in pass D
2020 29th in pass D
2019 24th in pass D
2018 6th in pass D

Why were we ONLY the 32nd ranked pass D in 2022??

Because there are only 32 teams, that's why...

(also, it should be noted that Dean Pees was our DC in 2018)

Hate is used as a term of disgust with his coaching ability. You don’t know him personally. How could you hate him. But you knew what I meant. Vrabel is a *****? Jesus man…. Really?

You just literally have no idea WTF you are talking about. You just don’t. Vrabel is not a *****.

its the STAFF's job to make them work out, change the scheme to take advantage of what they can do instead of trotting them out there exposing what they cannot do

This was maddening as hell. In the 4th with an opportunity to kick for a win or a tie, fair enough to kick on 3rd down. But in the 2nd with 7-8 seconds on the clock and a timeout left, you take one more shot. It was a chicken move to kick on 3rd down.
only excuse is could spike ball if hold muffed and kick again on 4th... BUT I would rather throw it INTO the EZ there for a shot at TD as well

rookie qb with 7 seconds on the clock and a porous oline. maybe he didnt want the rookie to fuck it up?

seems silly to be bent out of shape over that decision. splitting hairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back