Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were we ONLY the 32nd ranked pass D in 2022??

Because there are only 32 teams, that's why...

(also, it should be noted that Dean Pees was our DC in 2018)
Pees was in 2019 too.
2020 not listed as DC but I think Bowen kind of was given title, then officially got it 2021 with help from Scwartzie.

it’s kind of irrelevant though because this is a trademark of Vrabel since becoming a coach.

It was brought up, but 2016/17 have no relevance to Vrabel sucking at secondary defense.

rookie qb with 7 seconds on the clock and a porous oline. maybe he didnt want the rookie to **** it up?

seems silly to be bent out of shape over that decision. splitting hairs
Cheers for the point.
I have bigger issue with not trying to go for points the drive before.
Clearly the offense is capable but by running away the drive previous, it ultimately set up the situation of only having :07 on 3rd down.

If his biggest concern was giving the ball back with time, then he has zero confidence in the offense AND he failed, Miami just didn’t do anything with the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pees was in 2019 too.
2020 not listed as DC but I think Bowen kind of was given title, then officially got it 2021 with help from Scwartzie.

it’s kind of irrelevant though because this is a trademark of Vrabel since becoming a coach.

It was brought up, but 2016/17 have no relevance to Vrabel sucking at secondary defense.

They have no relevance TO YOU. It doesn’t fit your narrative. The Titans were bad when he got here. That’s the relevance. The GM was the same. That’s the relevance. You want to blame Vrabel. I blame them all. They all own it.

Again, you have no idea WTF you are talking about. There is no such thing as just secondary defense. It’s all connected. Pass rush, LBs and defensive backs.

It’s a trademark you made up. No one says that but you.

The people who 'highly respect' Mike Vrabel for being a good coach couldn't name 1 Titan player outside Henry, INTannehill, or now Will Levis. The opinion of such people seem to matter to you, for whatever reason, and that's fine. I guess. But those of us who watch the product on the field week after week see things differently than those who do not. And going for 2 after the first TD last week was a no-brainer, as you had literally nothing to lose. Quit pretending that was some genius level coaching decision. Remember when Vrabs kicked a field goal against the Saints, THAT was some genius level coaching - except that it wasn't.

NFL bad beat: Mike Vrabel's decision was confusing, it ruined Saints bettors too

I’m not the one complaining about the lack of press this team gets.

WTF …the Saints game? I didn’t bring up the Saints game. Never said anything about genius level, coaching decision on some random FG. You think you guys are the only ones who watch Titans games. Y’all are fucking stupid. You have no idea WTF you are talking about. It’s laughable. Don’t listen to everyone else in the world. Only listen to you freaking guys because you think you know it all. You don’t. Don’t listen to the people who do this for a living. Listen to you guys who watch every weekend for 18 weeks a year. Not people who do it everyday all day all year year after year. Y’all are a joke.

Jesus Christ….. literally an article about the gambling aspect of the decision. That it gave the Titans a cover on the spread. Are you freaking kidding me?

Cheers for the point.
I have bigger issue with not trying to go for points the drive before.
Clearly the offense is capable but by running away the drive previous, it ultimately set up the situation of only having :07 on 3rd down.

If his biggest concern was giving the ball back with time, then he has zero confidence in the offense AND he failed, Miami just didn’t do anything with the ball.

The offense has not "clearly been capable". That's been the problem. We've rebuilt the OL, they're getting better with game experience but still have a long way to go (and a couple of more pieces) to be considered reliable.

Quit bustin' Vrabel's balls over a few debatable points. You've dug in you don't like the guy- that's fine. But you get rid of Vrabel, you're throwing out the baby with the bath water. There isn't anybody out there better. Vrabel is a good HC.

They have no relevance TO YOU. It doesn’t fit your narrative. The Titans were bad when he got here. That’s the relevance. The GM was the same. That’s the relevance. You want to blame Vrabel. I blame them all. They all own it.

Again, you have no idea WTF you are talking about. There is no such thing as just secondary defense. It’s all connected. Pass rush, LBs and defensive backs.

It’s a trademark you made up. No one says that but you.
Inheriting a weak secondary then never changing a bad strategy keep to keep a bad secondary isn’t on the HC, the Defensive HC?
Seems 100% him.
I mean, we can pretend he wasn’t given secondary weapons too.
Logan Ryan, 1st rounder Adoree Jackson, Kenny Vaccaro, all pro Kevin Byard, Malcom Butler, amani Hooker, Desmond king and he still managed some bottoms of the barrel secondary.
It’s Vrabel, he did it in Houston, he does it in TN, not sure what defense there is for him.

The offense has not "clearly been capable". That's been the problem. We've rebuilt the OL, they're getting better with game experience but still have a long way to go (and a couple of more pieces) to be considered reliable.

Quit bustin' Vrabel's balls over a few debatable points. You've dug in you don't like the guy- that's fine. But you get rid of Vrabel, you're throwing out the baby with the bath water. There isn't anybody out there better. Vrabel is a good HC.
Debatable.
And with young names getting hired and succeeding all over, subjective to say no one is better either.
And while I’m only suggesting “clearly capable” we really wouldn’t know for how many times Vrabel folded his cards before ever playing the hand.

amazing how many people don’t want to hold Vrabel accountable for what is clearly a large part of his doing regardless how much you want JRob to hold the entire bag.

Inheriting a weak secondary then never changing a bad strategy keep to keep a bad secondary isn’t on the HC, the Defensive HC?
Seems 100% him.
I mean, we can pretend he wasn’t given secondary weapons too.
Logan Ryan, 1st rounder Adoree Jackson, Kenny Vaccaro, all pro Kevin Byard, Malcom Butler, amani Hooker, Desmond king and he still managed some bottoms of the barrel secondary.
It’s Vrabel, he did it in Houston, he does it in TN, not sure what defense there is for him.

What did he do in Houston in that 1 year? You keep saying it. Prove it. Show me. The Texans lost their QB and pass rush amongst other injuries that year. Hard to blame Vrabel for any of that.

I am not disputing the issues here on defense . They are clear. I don’t deny it. But when was Vrabel labeled as some Defense Genius? To my knowledge he doesn’t even have a Scheme per se. He was being talked about as a HC even before he became a Coodinator.

He has done nothing but win. I just don’t get your hatred of him as a HC. He is absolutely not a pussy, he typically gets the most out of his team. They don’t quit. There are a lot of reasons for this teams decline. Vrabel isn’t solely responsible.

Debatable.
And with young names getting hired and succeeding all over, subjective to say no one is better either.
And while I’m only suggesting “clearly capable” we really wouldn’t know for how many times Vrabel folded his cards before ever playing the hand.

amazing how many people don’t want to hold Vrabel accountable for what is clearly a large part of his doing regardless how much you want JRob to hold the entire bag.

What young names getting hired and succeeding ? Winning more than Vrabel.

I’ll hold him accountable for what he is responsible for. He has had 1 year with the new GM. ONE ! You discounting the damage done by JRob is laughable. Folded his cards? Your expectation is that he bluffs every time. That’s foolish especially if your hold cards are trash. You can bluff occasionally but you can’t play trash. You can’t lose money you don’t put in the pot. The difference, to use a poker reference, between good players and bad recreational players is folding. When you learn to fold you get better. You sir are a recreational player who thinks he is a pro.

This is the problem…. You have no idea what he says or doesn’t say. Signals only matter to fans. On the sidelines the players know exactly why things are happening. But you make assumptions based on what you see them do on the field. Most decisions NFL coaches make are based on data. Not some gut feeling and definitely not based on what fans want.

Vrabel isn’t on the sidelines making every decision on his own. He has a staff of a lot of people that tell him what the analytics say, what the conditions are, etc etc. it also appears you expect him to make the decisions YOU think he should make and if he doesn’t somehow he is wrong. Coaches make decisions. They are wrong a lot. They are right a lot

If you are being truthful, how many of you anti Vrabel guys thought going for 2 was a mistake at that time? Even though the analytics say that was the right call. There was NO hesitation on that 2 point conversion. They knew they were doing it before they scored the TD.

If I’m wrong about what you are saying or think explain it.

What did he do in Houston in that 1 year? You keep saying it. Prove it. Show me. The Texans lost their QB and pass rush amongst other injuries that year. Hard to blame Vrabel for any of that.

I am not disputing the issues here on defense . They are clear. I don’t deny it. But when was Vrabel labeled as some Defense Genius? To my knowledge he doesn’t even have a Scheme per se. He was being talked about as a HC even before he became a Coodinator.

He has done nothing but win. I just don’t get your hatred of him as a HC. He is absolutely not a *****, he typically gets the most out of his team. They don’t quit. There are a lot of reasons for this teams decline. Vrabel isn’t solely responsible.

So you don’t understand.
obviously I’m not talking about just THIS year and the secondary issues. So both your argument for Farley and Fulton and we’ll as general lack of players goes out the window.
Vrabel run teams have terrible secondary. That’s him.

2023 22nd in pass D
2022 32nd in pass D
2021 25th in pass D
2020 29th in pass D
2019 24th in pass D
2018 6th in pass D
Houston was 24th in pass D 2017 with DC Vrabel.

nope, no clue what I’m talking about.
And nobody ever said he was a defensive genius.
He’s a defensive guy, and has a s**t strategy in regards to any success with the secondary.

What young names getting hired and succeeding ? Winning more than Vrabel.

I’ll hold him accountable for what he is responsible for. He has had 1 year with the new GM. ONE ! You discounting the damage done by JRob is laughable. Folded his cards? Your expectation is that he bluffs every time. That’s foolish especially if your hold cards are trash. You can bluff occasionally but you can’t play trash. You can’t lose money you don’t put in the pot. The difference, to use a poker reference, between good players and bad recreational players is folding. When you learn to fold you get better. You sir are a recreational player who thinks he is a pro.
For starters, mr tight lady pants himself in Miami. 18-12 so far. If he loses every game the rest of the season, he’d be on par with Vrabel’s first 32 games.
Sean mcvay
Matt Lafleur

But maybe Vrabel is “good” because he’s a bellicheck tree guy. They’ve all been successful.

and the analogy is that he’s conservative, way too conservative especially with a bad team and nothing to lose. And in the case of the analogy, you can lose without paying. That certainly isn’t winning.
Sometimes you fold, sure. But not week after week in the 2 minute drill when you are supposed to
Push the envelope a little more. Blame it on Kelly or whatever, but Vrabel is good with it cause it’s the same every week at least until his second shot in the first half of Miami and when he went for 2. These are decisions people want to see on a 4-8 team on the cusp of playoff elimination.
Again, I gave him kudos for the :28 second drive, just didn’t make sense not to try that with 1:51.

For starters, mr tight lady pants himself in Miami. 18-12 so far. If he loses every game the rest of the season, he’d be on par with Vrabel’s first 32 games.
Sean mcvay
Matt Lafleur

But maybe Vrabel is “good” because he’s a bellicheck tree guy
. They’ve all been successful.

and the analogy is that he’s conservative, way too conservative especially with a bad team and nothing to lose. And in the case of the analogy, you can lose without paying. That certainly isn’t winning.
Sometimes you fold, sure. But not week after week in the 2 minute drill when you are supposed to
Push the envelope a little more. Blame it on Kelly or whatever, but Vrabel is good with it cause it’s the same every week at least until his second shot in the first half of Miami and when he went for 2. These are decisions people want to see on a 4-8 team on the cusp of playoff elimination.
Again, I gave him kudos for the :28 second drive, just didn’t make sense not to try that with 1:51.

Nick Sirianni

Vrabel thinks he's good because he's a Belichick tree guy

Nick Sirianni

Vrabel thinks he's good because he's a Belichick tree guy

Nick Sirianni Ok.. what does he have Vrabel didn’t have. Let me help you.

One of the best GMs and player personnel guys in the NFL who doesn’t miss over and over with top draft picks and trades.
Cap room
A very good young QB.

Ok… next….

Nick Sirianni Ok.. what does he have Vrabel didn’t have. Let me help you.

One of the best GMs and player personnel guys in the NFL who doesn’t miss over and over with top draft picks and trades.
Cap room
A very good young QB.

Ok… next….
How long are you going to blame JRob?
We were 7-3 when he was fired..and what are we since?

Sean mcvay
Matt Lafleur

But maybe Vrabel is “good” because he’s a bellicheck tree guy. They’ve all been successful.

Matt LaFluer had Aaron Rodgers
Sean McVay has Matt Stafford
Mike McDaniel has Tua

They also all have very talented rosters. They didn’t miss year after year in the draft. But look at the Rams and Packers. QB getting older or gone and they aren’t so good.

Vrabel is right there with them with a horrible roster.

Only McVay has a SB of these young guys That 2021 Rams team was insanely talented Yet that Rams team got throttled by the Titans in their stadium.

Notice a running theme …. Great QBs, talented rosters. Good GMs.

Next ….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back