Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt LaFluer had Aaron Rodgers
Sean McVay has Matt Stafford
Mike McDaniel has Tua

They also all have very talented rosters. They didn’t miss year after year in the draft. But look at the Rams and Packers. QB getting older or gone and they aren’t so good.

Vrabel is right there with them with a horrible roster.

Only McVay has a SB of these young guys That 2021 Rams team was insanely talented Yet that Rams team got throttled by the Titans in their stadium.

Notice a running theme …. Great QBs, talented rosters. Good GMs.

Next ….
So it doesn’t matter who the coach is, just get a QB.
This went from “what young coach has had success” to Vrabel is equal or better than those guys.

Just forget it. No one is at fault but JRob. He’s the entire problem. When Vrabel continues to fail, it’s still JRob until it becomes no QB as the excuse.

just gonna except that he can’t field a secondary. Bright side is there’s no point in wasting any draft capital on that.

Oddly enough, your theme isn’t the same one I see.

How long are you going to blame JRob?
We were 7-3 when he was fired..and what are we since?

Our QB got hurt. We had played a very soft schedule. You know this.

This is just the next year. It’s not 10 years later. Vrabel and Ran have had 1 off season to repair what JRob took 4 seasons to destroy.

You can’t win in this league with a bad QB. We have a good young QB now. Vrabel and Ran get 2 seasons. No changes he is gone.

So it doesn’t matter who the coach is, just get a QB.
This went from “what young coach has had success” to Vrabel is equal or better than those guys.

Just forget it. No one is at fault but JRob. He’s the entire problem. When Vrabel continues to fail, it’s still JRob until it becomes no QB as the excuse.

just gonna except that he can’t field a secondary. Bright side is there’s no point in wasting any draft capital on that.

Oddly enough, your theme isn’t the same one I see.

Nothing changed. Vrabel was fine when THill could still play. When our roster had depth.

Those young guys couldn’t win with THill.

Nothing changed. Vrabel was fine when THill could still play. When our roster had depth.

Those young guys couldn’t win with THill.
Couldn’t or didn’t?

it’s ok.
Ride with Vrabel. I’m convinced, you did it.
I get to stick with the run first offense I like, he gets excuse after excuse after excuse if he doesn’t get it done and only Ran will be on the hot seat.
Vrabel is awesome, I hope we only give him up to NE for 4 1st round picks because that’s what he’s worth.
I’m ready to start getting these championships. In Vrabel we trust, just hope that the NFL isn’t evolving into a passing league, I’d like to see a small tweak on Vrabel’s secondary strategy. He should shoot for something closer to middle of the pack at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Vrabel....

9-7
9-7
11-5
12-4
7-10
5-8 so far

Doesn't scream great coach
It doesn’t matter.
Even Tony Dungy was a pud, he had Manning. We see Bellicheck is scrub like without Brady, that Bill Walsh guy, trash he had Montana. Father shanahan, weak, he had Elway, Doug Pederson, nada, he had Nick Foles, Joe Gibbs, more trash, he had Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, and Joe Theismann. Even Lombardi himself should have petitioned to have the SB trophy renamed the Starr trophy.

What coach couldn't be good with a good QB, great draft picks and depth??
Don Shula but only sometimes. He can be good with an all time great like Unitas but he can’t be good with an all time great like Marino.
Scrub if you ask me.
Even Andy Reid was a scrub until he got Mahomes. Never coached anything good at all, just rides the Mahomes coattail.

Our QB got hurt. We had played a very soft schedule. You know this.

This is just the next year. It’s not 10 years later. Vrabel and Ran have had 1 off season to repair what JRob took 4 seasons to destroy.

You can’t win in this league with a bad QB. We have a good young QB now. Vrabel and Ran get 2 seasons. No changes he is gone.
We were 7-3 with JRob and his poor draft picks...0-7 after and 5-8 now...it must be because no AJ

What coach couldn't be good with a good QB, great draft picks and depth??

Based on what you and Hurray …. Mike Vrabel

Let’s just let this go. The next season or 2 will prove which of us is right. We aren’t changing our minds. So it’s just tiring at this point.

Me: Team Vrabel

Y’all : Team anyone else

Based on what you and Hurray …. Mike Vrabel

Let’s just let this go. The next season or 2 will prove which of us is right. We aren’t changing our minds. So it’s just tiring at this point.

Me: Team Vrabel

Y’all : Team anyone else
The silver lining for you is, no matter who ends up being the next HC you will love them every bit as much as you love Vrabel.

rookie qb with 7 seconds on the clock and a porous oline. maybe he didnt want the rookie to **** it up?

seems silly to be bent out of shape over that decision. splitting hairs
We passed on second down with 9 seconds to go. Are you telling me the 1-2 seconds run off from that incompletion makes the difference?

We passed on second down with 9 seconds to go. Are you telling me the 1-2 seconds run off from that incompletion makes the difference?
yes, if will starts scrambling around to avoid the sack he could eat up too much time and it be over. every second counts. the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Don Shula but only sometimes. He can be good with an all time great like Unitas but he can’t be good with an all time great like Marino.
Scrub if you ask me.
Even Andy Reid was a scrub until he got Mahomes. Never coached anything good at all, just rides the Mahomes coattail.

ok I understand now.

“Scrub” = multiple division and conference championships

“non scrub” = one Super Bowl.

The offense has not "clearly been capable". That's been the problem. We've rebuilt the OL, they're getting better with game experience but still have a long way to go (and a couple of more pieces) to be considered reliable.

Quit bustin' Vrabel's balls over a few debatable points. You've dug in you don't like the guy- that's fine. But you get rid of Vrabel, you're throwing out the baby with the bath water. There isn't anybody out there better. Vrabel is a good HC.
if vrable unwilling to get a competent staff he can pound rocks on his way out as far as I care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back