Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are heating up again...first JRob now Ran

Friction Between Titans HC Mike Vrabel, GM Ran Carthon?
it's an interesting speculation.

Suggesting the Bears could also be in the Hunt for Vrabel- and speculating one of their 1st round picks would be trade bait. If it's true, it also puts pressure on the Pats to offer more.

I still would need at least a top 10 1st round pick AND a later pick to trade Vrabel. I am less enthusiastic about him than I was 8 weeks ago, but I'm still on board he's the known best available HC.

This year has definitely sucked but I'm not sure what else we expected with the roster in the shape its in. I still think Vrabel is a good gameday coach and usually has a good gameplan each week - most of the games this year have been within 1 score, and that's saying something with the lack of talent the team has.

I do think Vrabes needs to evolve a bit and think outside the box and is a little too attached to a run first mindset on offense. He also seems to rub a lot of players the wrong way and is too loyal to bad coaches on his staff (this seems to be a trend with coaches of teams I follow, Mularkey was also this way).

However, we need draft capital more than we need Vrabel IMO. I do NOT think we should fire him when he has value on the trade market. If the Bears and Pats both want him, they each have a top 5 pick and I would gladly take off their hands.

Just keep in mind how the Munchak, Whisenhunt, Mularkey years felt. Vrabel is head and shoulders above them in terms of a coach. So if we do trade him or fire him, it could get worse and a homerun hire head coach is harder to find that we remember.

Latest NFL Week 18 buzz: Coaching hot seats, MVP picks, playoff race X factors and upset predictions

According to this, Mike Vrabel is unhappy and may request a trade to the Patriots. Even though the Titans have no interest in letting him go supposedly.

So kinda like how your girlfriend cheats on you with your best friend, wrecks your car, maxes out your credit cards... And then wants to break up because the relationship isn't going well.
I though AAS has already stated a couple times that Vrabel Is safe BUT if he wants out, great.

This year has definitely sucked but I'm not sure what else we expected with the roster in the shape its in. I still think Vrabel is a good gameday coach and usually has a good gameplan each week - most of the games this year have been within 1 score, and that's saying something with the lack of talent the team has.

I do think Vrabes needs to evolve a bit and think outside the box and is a little too attached to a run first mindset on offense. He also seems to rub a lot of players the wrong way and is too loyal to bad coaches on his staff (this seems to be a trend with coaches of teams I follow, Mularkey was also this way).

However, we need draft capital more than we need Vrabel IMO. I do NOT think we should fire him when he has value on the trade market. If the Bears and Pats both want him, they each have a top 5 pick and I would gladly take off their hands.

Just keep in mind how the Munchak, Whisenhunt, Mularkey years felt. Vrabel is head and shoulders above them in terms of a coach. So if we do trade him or fire him, it could get worse and a homerun hire head coach is harder to find that we remember.

Mularkey, you mean, the coach who was fired after winning a playoff game and advancing to the second round? Are we even making the playoffs this year? Did we last year, I can't remember...?

are we defending mularkey now? what the f....

When someone presents the argument that we shouldn't fire Vrabel because of what MIGHT come next, yeah, I think some historical context is relevant. Our last coach was fired after making the playoffs and winning a game.

it's an interesting speculation.

Suggesting the Bears could also be in the Hunt for Vrabel- and speculating one of their 1st round picks would be trade bait. If it's true, it also puts pressure on the Pats to offer more.

I still would need at least a top 10 1st round pick AND a later pick to trade Vrabel. I am less enthusiastic about him than I was 8 weeks ago, but I'm still on board he's the known best available HC.
I wasn't aware of the Bears GM connection to Vrabel. I'm ok if he leaves, not a big fan of Vrabel lately but I agree a 1st round and a later round pick.

I wasn't aware of the Bears GM connection to Vrabel. I'm ok if he leaves, not a big fan of Vrabel lately but I agree a 1st round and a later round pick.
Someone on Twitter (X) suggested that #1 overall was too high a pricetag, which I tend to agree with. They went on to say a pick swap, plus additional picks makes more sense. So for instance, if we end up at #7, the Bears get Vrabel and #7, we get #1, their 3rd this year and maybe another 2nd or 3rd next year. I don't hate that, especially since we don't have a 3rd this year.

Someone on Twitter (X) suggested that #1 overall was too high a pricetag, which I tend to agree with. They went on to say a pick swap, plus additional picks makes more sense. So for instance, if we end up at #7, the Bears get Vrabel and #7, we get #1, their 3rd this year and maybe another 2nd or 3rd next year. I don't hate that, especially since we don't have a 3rd this year.
Totally agree, #1 is way too much for Vrabel...I wasn't thinking that...I agree swapping picks is probably the more realistic scenario

Who do we take at #1 in that scenario? I imagine the first 3 picks will be QBs so we could probably trade back from 1 to 4, pick Marvin Harrison or the best OL, and get some extra picks.

I don’t think we need to fire Vrabel yet, but I would trade him for something like this in a heartbeat.

When someone presents the argument that we shouldn't fire Vrabel because of what MIGHT come next, yeah, I think some historical context is relevant. Our last coach was fired after making the playoffs and winning a game.
did he also earn COTY and make it to the afc championship? these things are not the same. vrabel has already actually accomplished things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back