Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do we take at #1 in that scenario? I imagine the first 3 picks will be QBs so we could probably trade back from 1 to 4, pick Marvin Harrison or the best OL, and get some extra picks.

I don’t think we need to fire Vrabel yet, but I would trade him for something like this in a heartbeat.
trade down for 'draft capital'

and make the trade partner include a gorilla armed T

I would love more draft capital for sure, but in this scenario, I think you have to strongly consider just taking Caleb Williams. Most draft experts talk about Williams as being the best QB prospect to come out since Andrew Luck. Even if Levis can become a top 15 QB, Williams has the potential to be top 5 and that could be the difference in winning a Superbowl or not. Not saying I would do it, but you would have to seriously consider it.

I would love more draft capital for sure, but in this scenario, I think you have to strongly consider just taking Caleb Williams. Most draft experts talk about Williams as being the best QB prospect to come out since Andrew Luck. Even if Levis can become a top 15 QB, Williams has the potential to be top 5 and that could be the difference in winning a Superbowl or not. Not saying I would do it, but you would have to seriously consider it.
definitely agree, and i like Will

did he also earn COTY and make it to the afc championship? these things are not the same. vrabel has already actually accomplished things.

Rex Ryan made it to the AFC championship twice, do you also consider him to be a good coach? I'm guessing not, because the book on him has already been written. In my eyes, the book on Vrabel IS being written now and will be finished in due time - with my opinion being that he was not a very good coach. Additionally, my comment about Mularkey, again, was that we shouldn't let the FEAR of what might happen stop us from doing what most of us have come to realize, needs to be done. Is there a chance we end up with worse coach than Vrabel? Absolutely. Should that possibility prevent us from moving away from a coach who has had multiple seasons now of diminishing returns? In my opinion, it should not. I don't live my life in fear of what might be.

Also, here's a list of past NFL coaches of the year;
2023 NFL Coach of the Year Odds & Past Winners

These are ALL winners huh...

• 2022: Brian Daboll, Giants
  • 2021: Mike Vrabel, Titans
  • 2020: Kevin Stefanksi, Browns
  • 2019: John Harbaugh, Ravens
  • 2018: Matt Nagy, Bears
  • 2017: Sean McVay, Rams
  • 2016: Jason Garrett, Cowboys
  • 2015: Ron Rivera, Panthers
  • 2014: Bruce Arians, Cardinals
  • 2013: Ron Rivera, Panthers
  • 2012: Bruce Arians, Colts
  • 2011: Jim Harbaugh, 49ers
  • 2010: Bill Belichick, Patriots
  • 2009: Marvin Lewis, Bengals
  • 2008: Mike Smith, Falcons
  • 2007: Bill Belichick, Patriots
  • 2006: Sean Payton, Saints
  • 2005: Lovie Smith, Bears
  • 2004: Marty Schottenheimer, Chargers
  • 2003: Bill Belichick, Patriots
  • 2002: Andy Reid, Eagles
  • 2001: Dick Jauron, Bears

Season still going as expected. Vrabel will be here next year and the March continues.

Props to those of you making a big deal about games after we were eliminated.

Obviously all the pearl clutching doesn't change a thing but it must be nice pretending something is different in these late weeks

Cool, we can let Vrabel and his staff of losers ruin another draft class.

I hope we trade our entire draft for 2025 picks or take only DL since that is the only coach on the staff with any semblance of competance.

Caleb Williams is a soft crybaby. His college head coach coddles QBs. He will end up like other QBs who spend more than a year with Lincoln Riley.

I'm serious here. He lacks the coping skills to get through difficult times. Riley let's him hide from the media when times are tough. Can't do that in the NFL. He didn't handle losing well at all last year.

Caleb Williams is a soft crybaby. His college head coach coddles QBs. He will end up like other QBs who spend more than a year with Lincoln Riley.

I'm serious here. He lacks the coping skills to get through difficult times. Riley let's him hide from the media when times are tough. Can't do that in the NFL. He didn't handle losing well at all last year.
should 100% come to Titans then cause a chunk of Titan fans want to lose

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, we can let Vrabel and his staff of losers ruin another draft class.

I hope we trade our entire draft for 2025 picks or take only DL since that is the only coach on the staff with any semblance of competance.
This right here! This is my biggest fear along with all that cap we will have. Bringing back Vrabel could end up setting this team back years. If he fails and gets fired we are stuff with all his bs.

Vrabel is 100% getting traded. Way too much smoke. Already a done deal most likely. Looking forward to the haul - he is a good coach but he is being ushered out with Henry, Tannehill and the rest of the hard-hatted plod they represent.

Levis, Spears, Ben Johnson/whatever version of him they prefer - that is our future.

I would give up our coach for a trade in firsts immediately. That would be a late Christmas joy! Gotta get another in there if possible, but don’t care actually

I would give up our coach for a trade in firsts immediately. That would be a late Christmas joy! Gotta get another in there if possible, but don’t care actually
Bad business to settle for just a trade of 1st round picks.

Sources: Broncos reach deal for Saints' Payton

The Saints will receive the Broncos' 2023 first-round pick (No. 29 overall) and 2024 second-round pick for Payton and the Saints' 2024 third-round selection, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter

Granted Payton had won a SB. But Vrabel has given the Titans multiple division championships and played for the AFC title. Vrabel is worth more in addition to a 1st swap.

Vrabel is 100% getting traded. Way too much smoke. Already a done deal most likely. Looking forward to the haul - he is a good coach but he is being ushered out with Henry, Tannehill and the rest of the hard-hatted plod they represent.

Levis, Spears, Ben Johnson/whatever version of him they prefer - that is our future.

I don't know what to think about all this talk. You may be right if the friction rumored between RC and Vrabel is accurate. I know that AAS likes Vrabel and feels he's competent to win a SB. There is no denying that the players bought in the first years he was here. Could be floating all these rumors is intended to get a Pats/Bears bid war for him and to test the fan market with a trade idea.

Personally, if Vrabel wants to be here, keep him. If he wants to go home to the Pats, or go to Chicago get as much as possible for him. He will coach a team to success in the next few years wherever he is.

Hope its true and I hope he goes to Chicago it's what he deserves, they would love him too much in NE but it would be nice for him to go to NE and piss on the smoldering ashes of a once great empire.

Bad business to settle for just a trade of 1st round picks.

Sources: Broncos reach deal for Saints' Payton

The Saints will receive the Broncos' 2023 first-round pick (No. 29 overall) and 2024 second-round pick for Payton and the Saints' 2024 third-round selection, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter

Granted Payton had won a SB. But Vrabel has given the Titans multiple division championships and played for the AFC title. Vrabel is worth more in addition to a 1st swap.

I don't know what to think about all this talk. You may be right if the friction rumored between RC and Vrabel is accurate. I know that AAS likes Vrabel and feels he's competent to win a SB. There is no denying that the players bought in the first years he was here. Could be floating all these rumors is intended to get a Pats/Bears bid war for him and to test the fan market with a trade idea.

Personally, if Vrabel wants to be here, keep him. If he wants to go home to the Pats, or go to Chicago get as much as possible for him. He will coach a team to success in the next few years wherever he is.
One thing that plays in our favor here is that Vrabel is our CURRENT coach. When the Broncos traded for Peyton, he wasn't coaching the Saints. We, theoretically, could command more in a trade because of this.

it's hilarious how hot and cold fanbases can be after a singular season lol, this thread is a goldmine of overreaction
This is the second in a row. Then fans like to say "we have no talent", but look at who we have drafted since Vrabel has been here, yes JRob was the GM but you'd be stupid to think Vrabel wasn't in the room with him. So you trust Vrabel to be able to draft good players his input will be a factor. Then you have coaching which is shit top to bottom, half the people on here didn't even know there was a college called Colgate minty fresh. Ya a lot of fans are gonna be hot and now cold on Vrabel. I watch the first 48 hours to see a murder but lately we've tuned in on Sundays to watch this poor talentless woefully coach OL murder QBs. Idk if peckerless Vrabel is the guy for the job.

Someone explain to me how these reporters find out Vrabel and Ran are at odds.

Do we think a janitor who walked by a closed office and overheared arguing is an "inside source"? Maybe Vrabel goes to the local bar and spills to the bartender how he hates Ran? Maybe the waterboy overhears Vrabel and Ran arguing at practice?

I have learned to never believe BS "reporters" who act like they know something no one else does. It's pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back