Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
my favorite jon robinson note:
GDF51NvWoAQqjdB.png

he absolutely trashed this roster, any notion otherwise is a waste of the energy used to type it out

That same draft (his first btw) he drafted 3 franchise players in Conklin, Henry, and Byard. Maybe you’ve heard of them.

You don’t hit on every pick. Anyone who thinks Robinson was a bad GM throughout his tenure and didn’t ultimately do more good than bad for this organization is a simple minded Vrabel slurper.

Later on in that same interview it talks about how they had to press JRob to take Derrick Henry, he didn’t want him. He wanted another trash defensive player who would have been another bust.

Because he just acquired All-Pro DeMarco Murray. A lot of people at the time felt like it was overkill to draft Henry. And if anyone thought he was going to be as good as he turned out to be he wouldn’t have fell to the 2nd round.

Revisionist history.

That is literally the complaint I made…
Hahaha! It does read like that, doesn’t it? I’m making the argument that the backups were worse than the starters, so switching personnel around actually made the line worse (insane, I know). I’m aggravated with the fact that the coaches knew how crap the personnel was, but pretended that following the original plan would work. Either way, the players sucked and so did the coaches.

J-Rob was good while he was good. Then 2020 happened and the wheels fell off. I agree with those that it felt like he thought he was smarter than he really was. Risky picks like Farley and taking fliers on little known guys Fitzgerald who would have been available far later in the draft were real head scratchers. The Wilson pick is totally on J-Rob for not doing his due diligence there. I know it was during COVID, but a guy with issues that serious should have been easy to get a beat on.

That same draft (his first btw) he drafted 3 franchise players in Conklin, Henry, and Byard. Maybe you’ve heard of them.

You don’t hit on every pick. Anyone who thinks Robinson was a bad GM throughout his tenure and didn’t ultimately do more good than bad for this organization is a simple minded Vrabel slurper.
imagine getting that out of what i said, you're so deep in the vrabel hate you cant even comprehend basic sentences and are just dying to lash out

also conklin a franchise player? remind me how much he paid him on that 2nd deal?

jrob started out good and then completely shit his pants which is why we are where we are now

there is no debate, those are facts

J-Rob was good while he was good. Then 2020 happened and the wheels fell off. I agree with those that it felt like he thought he was smarter than he really was. Risky picks like Farley and taking fliers on little known guys Fitzgerald who would have been available far later in the draft were real head scratchers. The Wilson pick is totally on J-Rob for not doing his due diligence there. I know it was during COVID, but a guy with issues that serious should have been easy to get a beat on.
He had his hits, misses and head scratchers for sure but we were 7-3 in 2022 with JRob...started 7-3 to finish 0-7 with the same roster

6-18 since

Because he just acquired All-Pro DeMarco Murray. A lot of people at the time felt like it was overkill to draft Henry. And if anyone thought he was going to be as good as he turned out to be he wouldn’t have fell to the 2nd round.

Revisionist history.

It wasn’t he had to be convinced it was who he wanted to draft instead. Which would have been another BUST. It was the process he used. Like NONE according to Mularky.

To be clear… he took Kevin Dodd at pick 33 over Jaylon Smith Chris Jones, Myles Jack, Xavier Howard. ( could have used him I think ).

Kevin Dodd was catastrophically bad pick.

Austin Johnson wasnt good either, but at least he is still playing.

With the Henry pick JRob wanted A’Shawn Robinson. He is still playing but shouldn’t have been a 2nd rounder.

You are probably very pretty much all alone in defending JRob. I feel you. It’s lonely being on an issue all alone. I will let up on you about it because us outliers have to stick together. Rock on Jesus !!

He had his hits, misses and head scratchers for sure but we were 7-3 in 2022 with JRob...started 7-3 to finish 0-7 with the same roster

6-18 since

That’s such a weak argument. It’s completely utterly ridiculous.

Not one of those wins was against a playoff team or a team with a winning record at seasons end. The 3 losses …. All to teams that made the playoffs or had a winning record at seasons end. as a matter of fact the losing streak was all to playoff teams. Hmmmmmm….. wonder why ? We had no depth, no skill position talent left. The talent and depth drain finally caught up to this team.

This years team won 6 games. Just 1 less than last season. This is a 6/7 win team. The schedule just fell right last year where it was back loaded. It was a first place schedule. It exposed our weaknesses.

Vrabel gone.

I know people will complain about not trading him but if we were serious about moving on then we are better off doing it now so we can get a head start on getting the next HC of the future.

Bring me Ben Johnson now!

That’s such a weak argument. It’s completely utterly ridiculous.

Not one of those wins was against a playoff team or a team with a winning record at seasons end. The 3 losses …. All to teams that made the playoffs or had a winning record at seasons end. as a matter of fact the losing streak was all to playoff teams. Hmmmmmm….. wonder why ? We had no depth, no skill position talent left. The talent and depth drain finally caught up to this team.

This years team won 6 games. Just 1 less than last season. This is a 6/7 win team. The schedule just fell right last year where it was back loaded. It was a first place schedule. It exposed our weaknesses.
Vrabel gone.

I know people will complain about not trading him but if we were serious about moving on then we are better off doing it now so we can get a head start on getting the next HC of the future.

Bring me Ben Johnson now!
this confirms that no one seriously wanted to trade for Vrabel.

imagine getting that out of what i said, you're so deep in the vrabel hate you cant even comprehend basic sentences and are just dying to lash out

also conklin a franchise player? remind me how much he paid him on that 2nd deal?

jrob started out good and then completely **** his pants which is why we are where we are now

there is no debate, those are facts

You said Robinson ruined this franchise and cited an example from his first year as GM. Tell me, what’s the insinuation there? Learn what context is, then write.

You said Robinson ruined this franchise and cited an example from his first year as GM. Tell me, what’s the insinuation there? Learn what context is, then write.
it is just one of many examples of his bad decisions. not that hard to understand. maybe you should take your own advice.

It wasn’t he had to be convinced it was who he wanted to draft instead. Which would have been another BUST. It was the process he used. Like NONE according to Mularky.

To be clear… he took Kevin Dodd at pick 33 over Jaylon Smith Chris Jones, Myles Jack, Xavier Howard. ( could have used him I think ).

Kevin Dodd was catastrophically bad pick.

Austin Johnson wasnt good either, but at least he is still playing.

With the Henry pick JRob wanted A’Shawn Robinson. He is still playing but shouldn’t have been a 2nd rounder.

You are probably very pretty much all alone in defending JRob. I feel you. It’s lonely being on an issue all alone. I will let up on you about it because us outliers have to stick together. Rock on Jesus !!

Lmao. Just need people to stop treating JRob like he’s Matt Miller. Although he wasn’t far off his last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back