Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jordan Schultz rumor is new. Again, quoting no source but himself.

You are flat lying about the other stories.

Mueller stated an idea. That’s not a source that’s his opinion. Mueller hasn’t worked in the NFL in 17 years and has no apparent connection to Vrabel, the Titans or Patriots. It’s was an opinion. Not a source.

Ben Volin… again. Stating Kraft thinks Vrabel is his home run choice but also wants Casserio back from the Texans etc etc. Fantasy speculation. What if article,

Like I said. You may not like it. JT nothing is being reported but speculation. This is what they should or shouldn’t do. Here is what we think Kraft would like.

It’s all speculation. Prove me wrong.

Geezus Christo, you did it again???

'No reputable source' - reputable sources provided

'Yeah but, they all used ONE source' - multiple sources were used

Yeah but, it's ALL speculation!' - well yeah, no chit sherlock. Not sure if you're aware of this, srsly, but there's AN ENTIRE COTTAGE INDUSTRY BASED ON SPORTS RELATED 'SPECULATION.' Without which, people like Peter King, Mike Florio, Chris Mortenson, Adam Schefter, John Clayton, Joel Buchsbaum, Ian Rapoport, Albert Breer, Mike Mayock, Adrian Wojnarowski, Brian Windhorst, Ken Rosenthal, Jeff Passan, Buster Onley, etc wouldn't have careers!?!

Keep moving those Goalposts, since they obviously can't move themselves.

Maybe. I think he'd been asked repeatedly about his future and, instead of saying something like "I remain under contract" and other vague responses, he's going to have a sit-down with momma first.
Nah. He just realised his standard “we gotta play better, coach better” speech doesn’t work in that setting so he needs time to come up with different generic and meaningless bs.

Who else is he supposed to role out there? It's not like 6'6 330 lb dudes with quick feet grow on trees. In retrospect not signing George Fant was a huge error but that is not on Vrabs. The error is more on Rand thinking Dillard can be a starting LT in the league. The Titans started what 14 different line combos this year?

The lack of cap space and inability to draft lineman is the situation JRob put us in. That is not on Vrabel. When you have to only run 2 wrs routes and keep your TE and RB in to block almost every snap, it's a little hard to pass in the NFL and run a compenent offense. Again the coaching staff has issues but there is only so much you can do to hide a complete lack of talent on a team...
No this is exactly one of the complaints against Vrabel. They did nothing to try different OL lineups until injuries forced them to. Dillard was awful from day 1 but not one attempt with Skoroonski, Duncan or Radunz was made until Dillard got injured.
It’s the same stubborness that has us calling a run plays ~100% of the time to start a drive or after an incomplete pass on 1st down.

My feeling right now is, I don't necessarily want to lose Vrabel. But, standard trade compensation for a coach is a 1st round pick, plus more. The Music City Audible guys (which is a great podcast if you don't already listen) said (using the Pats as an example) this year's 2nd and 4th, and next year's 1st and maybe one more late round pick.

I think I'm on the train of, I prefer draft compensation to having Vrabel as the coach, just because we have SO many holes. However, I would be majorly pissed if Amy just lets him walk, or fires him because they're in disagreement. Or, if they trade him for a fraction of what they could get.

My feeling right now is, I don't necessarily want to lose Vrabel. But, standard trade compensation for a coach is a 1st round pick, plus more. The Music City Audible guys (which is a great podcast if you don't already listen) said (using the Pats as an example) this year's 2nd and 4th, and next year's 1st and maybe one more late round pick.

I think I'm on the train of, I prefer draft compensation to having Vrabel as the coach, just because we have SO many holes. However, I would be majorly pissed if Amy just lets him walk, or fires him because they're in disagreement. Or, if they trade him for a fraction of what they could get.

I think a better trade is swapping 1st picks this season, and either a 4th this year and 2nd next year, or a 3rd this year and next year. Moves us up to 3rd overall, allowing us to have our pick of Fashanu/Alt/MHII, as the top 2 picks will almost assuredly be Williams/Maye or Maye/Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a better trade is swapping 1st picks this season, and either a 4th this year and 2nd next year, or a 3rd this year and next year. Moves us up to 3rd overall, allowing us to have our pick of Fashanu/Alt/MHII, as the top 2 picks will almost assuredly be Williams/Maye or Maye/Williams.

If we get the 3rd pick then my hope would be that a QB needy team trades up and gives us their 1st in 2025 for doing it.

If we get the 3rd pick then my hope would be that a QB needy team trades up and gives us their 1st in 2025 for doing it.

We need 1 of Fashanu/Alt/MHII. These are the only truly elite non QBs in this class. Any move that takes us out of landing 1 of these 3 is not a good move. We aren't the Bears or Panthers where we lack talent all over the roster. You don't pass on a stud LT prospect to trade down for next year.

Execpt is that trade actually on the board? Hard to see NE trading for a HC and gutting his ability to get a franchise QB in the same move.

The Saints got a low first and a pick swap for Payton. I doubt any trade involving Vrabel ends with the Titans at 3rd overall.

No this is exactly one of the complaints against Vrabel. They did nothing to try different OL lineups until injuries forced them to. Dillard was awful from day 1 but not one attempt with Skoroonski, Duncan or Radunz was made until Dillard got injured.
It’s the same stubborness that has us calling a run plays ~100% of the time to start a drive or after an incomplete pass on 1st down.
Dude. Dumb complaint. The line got worse as the season went on. The personnel was bad. Mixing them up made it worse. A better complaint is that with a horrible personnel grouping, Vrabel and Kelly continued to try the same thing all year with the oline. Adjustments were not noticable, if made at all.

We need 1 of Fashanu/Alt/MHII. These are the only truly elite non QBs in this class. Any move that takes us out of landing 1 of these 3 is not a good move. We aren't the Bears or Panthers where we lack talent all over the roster. You don't pass on a stud LT prospect to trade down for next year.
I’ve also seen JC Lathom and Taliese Fuaga as top 10, separately and lower than Alt and Fashunu but still projected top 10 in some rankings.

Kind of a lot to read through but from an independent researcher, I won’t say reporter or journalist, don’t think that’s accurate but pretty good insight of the entire Vrabel, Ran, AAS beef

Kind of a lot to read through but from an independent researcher, I won’t say reporter or journalist, don’t think that’s accurate but pretty good insight of the entire Vrabel, Ran, AAS beef
This does offer a couple questions that we as fans are still looking for.

what exactly is the beef between Vrabel and Ran?
Seems AAS may have gone back on a verbal deal with Vrabel regarding Cowden. Bad business for AAS to make it if you ask me BUT I don’t know exactly how or when the league jumped in to say “do more” to AAS.
Hate to say the possibility of diversity hire exists if this is all true but I would also argue than Ran, coming from SF who has had plenty of success, wouldn’t come off to me as unqualified in any way. Really seems like a good track record for hiring.

Wes Wisley (the guy writing) added the part about Vrabel asking for defined roles of 2 guy that seem to have defined roles already, cap and scouting. The 3rd person he’s asking for seems a little unprofessional to me if he just cannot get along with Ran enough that a “tie breaker” person is required.
Maybe the Lorax gets another job after retirement and retirement 2.

That's a better trade for us, but I don't think NE is moving out of the #3 spot. They need a QB badly, and they're not moving out of a spot where they could land one. Even if it's QB3, which is likely Jayden Daniels, would probably not be there at #7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back