Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
.610 winning percentage. Never had a losing season. He resurrected this franchise. But keep blaming the bogeyman if that helps you sleep.

You are NOT really trying to defend Jon Robinson are you? Should we look at his drafts ?

He gets those last 7 losses last year as well. Brings that % down.

I was a huge fan. But he turned out to be bad here. His tenure was bad.

You are NOT really trying to defend Jon Robinson are you? Should we look at his drafts ?

I’m defending a dude who got results. Yeah, he fucked up the last couple years, but explain to me how he’s so bad when all we did was win under him and all we’ve done is lose during the eras bookending his stint as GM.

Meanwhile, you think Vrabel deserves no blame for the way things have gone the last few seasons post-Robinson. The only one doing senseless white knighting is you.

And I’m also not saying that I wish he was still the GM. I’m just pointing out that the way you and others treat JRob like he’s the monster under the bed and blame him for literally everything and Vrabel for nothing, even though JRob hasn’t been here for over a year, is absolute insanity.

I’m defending a dude who got results. Yeah, he ****ed up the last couple years, but explain to me how he’s so bad when all we did was win under him and all we’ve done is lose during the eras bookending his stint as GM.

Meanwhile, you think Vrabel deserves no blame for the way things have gone the last few seasons post-Robinson. The only one doing senseless white knighting is you.

Not what I said. Vrabel gets blame also with his staff choices.

JRob blew 2 entire draft classes. TWO. 2020, 2021 and 2022 is still unknown but not looking to good

He sent a 2nd and a 4th for Julio Jones

He got squat for AJB then blew the pick. Should have signed AJB probably.

Then you have Wake, Clowney and Beasley.

The guy was a mess from 2020 till he got fired

That destroys a franchise.

And I’m also not saying that I wish he was still the GM. I’m just pointing out that the way you and others treat JRob like he’s the monster under the bed and blame him for literally everything and Vrabel for nothing, even though JRob hasn’t been here for over a year, is absolute insanity.

This is still to a large degree his team.

Ran has had 1 draft class and 1 off season.

To me this clear NE is trying to trade Bill and once that's done Vrabel is gone.

That's why both teams are so quite.

I agree.... my question is do teams who have already fired their coach have to follow the Rooney Rule if they trade for a coach or could their be a 3 way deal that circumvents the Rooney Rule for the teams.

To be fair it was a Tale Of Two Jon Robinsons.
There was the Jrob pre 2019-20 AFC Championship Game and the JRob after.

Pre AFCCG:
A+ For “Kings Ransom Trade” w/Rams
A+ Trade for Dennis Kelly
A+ Trade for Demarco Murray
A+ Trade for Tannehill
Drafted Henry
Drafted Simmons
Drafted Jonnu
Drafted Byard
Drafted AJ
Drafted Hooker
Drafted Landry
Drafted Conklin
Signed Ben Jones
Signed Rodger Saffold
Signed Logan Ryan
Signed Malcolm Butler
Signed Kenny Vaccaro

Post AFCCG
F Trade of AJ
F Trade for Julio
F Trade of Jurrell Casey
Let Conklin walk
Let Adoree walk
Let Corey walk
Let Jonnu walk
Drafted Wilson
Drafted Farley
Drafted Burks
Drafted Dez
Drafted Darrington Evans
Signed Vic Beasley
Signed Jadeveon Clowney
Signed Josh Reynolds
Signed Bud Dupree
Signed Jemarco Jones

robinson made moves early straight from GoTitans

easy logical common sense moves that just were not happening before he was gm

then the good decisions sadly stopped

To be fair it was a Tale Of Two Jon Robinsons.
There was the Jrob pre 2019-20 AFC Championship Game and the JRob after.

Pre AFCCG:
A+ For “Kings Ransom Trade” w/Rams
A+ Trade for Dennis Kelly
A+ Trade for Demarco Murray
A+ Trade for Tannehill
Drafted Henry
Drafted Simmons
Drafted Jonnu
Drafted Byard
Drafted AJ
Drafted Hooker
Drafted Landry
Drafted Conklin
Signed Ben Jones
Signed Rodger Saffold
Signed Logan Ryan
Signed Malcolm Butler
Signed Kenny Vaccaro

Post AFCCG
F Trade of AJ
F Trade for Julio
F Trade of Jurrell Casey
Let Conklin walk
Let Adoree walk
Let Corey walk
Let Jonnu walk
Drafted Wilson
Drafted Farley
Drafted Burks
Drafted Dez
Drafted Darrington Evans
Signed Vic Beasley
Signed Jadeveon Clowney
Signed Josh Reynolds
Signed Bud Dupree
Signed Jemarco Jones
May have given up on a couple guys early like Reynolds and Raymond. Both did alright in Detroit, would be competitively on the roster in Tennessee at least.

I don’t think the Casey trade was bad, letting Conklin walk, CD walk, or letting Adoree walk
as an individual move that saved money that was limited at the time, not the worst moves.

BUT

Drafting Panda as replacement, drafting Farley as replacement, drafting Burks as replacement to Brown, signing clowney and Dupree for big contracts, were all massive mistakes. So massive that the hindsight keeping those guys seems like the smarter move, Conklin the only one that did well after moving on.

JRob was not horrible. His first 3-4 years where pretty good and he pulled the team out of a horrible situation. The problem was once he built a good foundation he screwed it up thinking he was smarter than he was.

The AJ trade was the end if him and the team has not been the same since. The above post knocks it out as far as his good vs bad. It's almost like Covid meant he could "work from home" because his results were horrible during the 2 covid years.

If Vrabel would rather be coach of the Patriots than the Titans, then trade him. I’ll take pick #3 and call it square. I want a coach who wants to be here, if Vrabel doesn’t, then send him packing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back