Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you all of that is bs.

However the amount of smoke on this is crazy there has to be a fire somewhere.

Maybe. The no presser today has been wondering how. Unless he wants his situation solidified before addressing the media so he can be straight with them.
I dunno

Jesus…. Ok. For the children

1st report is a guy saying the Pats should trade for Vrabel.
2nd report … same thing. It another guy guessing Vrabel is the guy
3rd report … wow. Repeating the same thing. A guess
4th report …. Omg. The same exact thing. Duplicate reporting
5th report …. Citing the , wait for it earlier reports. Says Could, but also says Vrabel leaving Tenn is not imminent and that Mayo is the top choice.
6th report…. A story about a BR story by Jordan Schultz who say Vrabel is open to the idea of coaching Patriots. Says he is unhappy. No source. No Vrabel quote.

Where in there is real reporting other than guess work and speculation?

I’m not saying Vrabel may not leave. Hell. He might get fired. The Pts might trade for him. I’m saying nobody is reporting anything other than speculation based on him having played there, being a NFL HC with some success and going to be honored this season, Why isn’t anyone other than Jordan Schultz on the Vrabel unhappy story? It’s BS. Guy trying to make a name for himself. He doesn’t even quote unnamed sources…. He just says something is true. It isn’t. Bad journalism. But that’s what we have now.

Geezus... Ok. For the TitanMark

Does everyone who reads Sports Illustrated ALSO read the Boston Globe?
Does everyone who reads the Boston Globe ALSO read Titanswire?
Does everyone who reads Titanswire ALSO follow the New England Sports Network?
And does everyone who follows the New England Sports Network ALSO watch CBS News?

This was not a small, contained rumor circulating only amongst Titan fans. This became a 'news' event each time the initial report was re-broadcast and re-circulated, as it branched out across the sports world. Is it bad journalism? Who knows at this point. If the Pats do end up 'trading' for Vrabel, I'd say it was pretty spot on. If however, Vrabel is still the Titans HC 2 years from now, you may be right. But most sports headlines stem from one initial report and get re-circulated, this doesn't make the initial report incorrect or wrong.

and now I believe is when you ask me 'is there a point here?'

And does everyone who follows the New England Sports Network ALSO watch CBS News?

This was not a small, contained rumor circulating only amongst Titan fans. This became a 'news' event each time the initial report was re-broadcast and re-circulated, as it branched out across the sports world. Is it bad journalism? Who knows at this point. If the Pats do end up 'trading' for Vrabel, I'd say it was pretty spot on. If however, Vrabel is still the Titans HC 2 years from now, you may be right. But most sports headlines stem from one initial report and get re-circulated, this doesn't make the initial report incorrect or wrong.

It’s multiple reports from 1 rumor/suggestion/conjecture started by one guy saying what he thought should happen. Did you read any of it. Or just titles.

1 murder happens and it’s reported by 8 sources doesn’t mean there is a serial killer on the loose who killed 8 people.

That’s a rhetorical yes.
Journalism actually improves the further away from “reputable” sources you get.

nothing to do with the story, just my take having studied in journalism.

Who else is he supposed to role out there? It's not like 6'6 330 lb dudes with quick feet grow on trees. In retrospect not signing George Fant was a huge error but that is not on Vrabs. The error is more on Rand thinking Dillard can be a starting LT in the league. The Titans started what 14 different line combos this year?

The lack of cap space and inability to draft lineman is the situation JRob put us in. That is not on Vrable. When you have to only run 2 wrs routes and keep your TE and RB in to block almost every snap, it's a little hard to pass in the NFL and run a compenent offense. Again the coaching staff has issues but there is only so much you can do to hide a complete lack of talent on a team...

1) massive copium

2) No reason to fire him? He lost 7 in a row last year to miss the playoffs, then we were 5-11 only playing to be a spoiler

3) Worst offensive line in the history of existence yet he kept slinging the same **** out there week after week

4) he's terrible

5) **** him

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Robinson killed this franchise. Going back to Mularky years. Recent quote from Mularky was he had to be convinced to draft DH. He was going to draft another bust DE.

.610 winning percentage. Never had a losing season. He resurrected this franchise. But keep blaming the bogeyman if that helps you sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back