Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I get that the compensation is out of whack. I guess, I just asked to gauge what people value more; a top ten pick, or two first round picks. There are decent arguments for both.

If we don't trade up for Harrison (which we almost certainly won't) I'd rather trade down.

I'm not sold on Alt, if he can't fix his problem with bending at the hips it will become a fatal flaw.

Fashanu needs some work and the rest of the top OTs have that "RT or slide inside to guard" skill set.

Having not taken any defensive players last year the titans are low on prospects there. The secondary in particular looks atrocious. Hooker and Molden are both strong safeties, best near the line. The S from Minnesota would be a nice addition late in the first or early second. Kool Aid McKinstry fits what they seem to want at CB. So does that (second day) Auburn CB. He reminds me a lot of Samari Rolle.

Not saying we have to go first round D. But if we get to the end of day 2 and no defensive players have been taken they have screwed up.

The more I look at this the more I like trading out of #7. If they are CONVINCED that Alt is going to be a top 10 LT for 10 years, sure go for it. Same for a WR at that spot. But seriously when you look at what can can get with additional top 100 picks by trading into the 20s or even trading twice to the bottom of the round, its crazy. Right now we have 2 top 100 picks. We could get 4, or possibly even 5 with a couple of moves.

We could get LT Jordan Mordan or Patrick Paul or hell grab both and let one play RT.. PLUS get Worthy or Franklin at WR. AND get Tyler Nubin or Jayden Hicks at safety, PLUS add Payton Willson or Jerimiah Trotter at LB, or add a TE like Ben Stinnet or Cade Stover. Kris Jenkins at DT would also be in the list of possibilities. All for the price of moving out of 7. That would hard for me to pass up if I were GM and that type of trade were to materialize.

Last edited by a moderator:
think coaching better is covered.... at least until coaching proven to remain pretty real toothpastey
Brake pads > toothpaste

And my belief is that we are halfway there already under Ran to having the 1st round pick signing a second contract. I believe Skoronski can, and will, be a long term solution on the line.

Brake pads > toothpaste

And my belief is that we are halfway there already under Ran to having the 1st round pick signing a second contract. I believe Skoronski can, and will, be a long term solution on the line.
Agree anyway, but brake pads is also in the same home as the greatest thrill park in the US, Cedar Point.

(for any confusion to others, brake pads = Callahan aka Tommy Boy. Tommy Boy takes place in Sandusky, OH.)

joe-alt-or-joe-alt-v0-r5lpld1xrvfc1.jpeg

Saw this image online and thought it was spot on.

Great picture, and I believe very accurate.

The only change Id add is that “nobody” actually = Hopkins and Ridley at the moment.

Oh, and I forgot NWI and Chig. Probably some others, just not Burks. I didn’t forget him.

yeah that image is from when the bengals fans made the same argument for taking a tackle over jamarr chase.... (notice the bengals helmets)

and they took chase anyways and went to the superbowl.

so... yeah... this has literally been debunked already the first time. pretty real terrible meme usage lol

yeah that image is from when the bengals fans made the same argument for taking a tackle over jamarr chase.... (notice the bengals helmets)

and they took chase anyways and went to the superbowl.

so... yeah... this has literally been debunked already the first time. pretty real terrible meme usage lol
“Debunked” because Cin happened to succeed.
I remember another team taking a WR #5 overall and it not working out.

jamarr chase is easily an outlier when compared to any other WR taken entire First round. Since 2000, 3 WR taken first round were on SB losing teams.
Chase in 21’ - Bengals lost
Ayuik in 20’ - 49ers lost
AJ Jenkins in 12’ - 49ers lost

98 first round WR in that time frame.

My problem with this is that instead of saying “Alt” it could easily say Fashanu or Fuaga or Latham or Fautanu or Mims or Guyton or Morgan or Sumataia or… literally any of them would be a HUGE upgrade over Duncan. Alt is not the only good OT in this draft. He might not even be the best. Never forget that everyone thought Jeudy and Ruggs were WAY better than Justin Jefferson who was the FIFTH WR taken that year.

The more I look at this the more I like trading out of #7. If they are CONVINCED that Alt is going to be a top 10 LT for 10 years, sure go for it. Same for a WR at that spot. But seriously when you look at what can can get with additional top 100 picks by trading into the 20s or even trading twice to the bottom of the round, its crazy. Right now we have 2 top 100 picks. We could get 4, or possibly even 5 with a couple of moves.

We could get LT Jordan Mordan or Patrick Paul or hell grab both and let one play RT.. PLUS get Worthy or Franklin at WR. AND get Tyler Nubin or Jayden Hicks at safety, PLUS add Payton Willson or Jerimiah Trotter at LB, or add a TE like Ben Stinnet or Cade Stover. Kris Jenkins at DT would also be in the list of possibilities. All for the price of moving out of 7. That would hard for me to pass up if I were GM and that type of trade were to materialize.
Only question i have is who would trade the capital, and who would they trade it for? Looking like Alt and the guy next door. Both fit our needs.

Only question i have is who would trade the capital, and who would they trade it for? Looking like Alt and the guy next door. Both fit our needs.

It could probably only happen if one of the QBs fall. At this point I think we probably take Alt or Nabors at 7 and then trade back at 38 to try and pick up a 3rd.

It could probably only happen if one of the QBs fall. At this point I think we probably take Alt or Nabors at 7 and then trade back at 38 to try and pick up a 3rd.
I definitely think they are viewing Alt at 7...if he's gone then I think Dallas Turner or Romeo Odunze will be the pick at 7

Latest posts

Back