Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

If given the choice of, for eample, the 1st/2nd best LT + the 10th-ish WR or the 2nd/3rd WR + 10th-ish LT, I'd probably prefer the 1st/2nd LT package. There's going to be some decent quality WR available at #38.

Trading back with OAK is fine if we miss on our top guys of Alt, MHII, Nabers, and Fashanu. Some will say Odunze, but I don't agree.

But just know that if we do trade back, all we are likely to receive in return is 13, 44, and maybe pick 210. So, it's really not worth it unless we miss on those top 4 guys.

Trading back with OAK is fine if we miss on our top guys of Alt, MHII, Nabers, and Fashanu. Some will say Odunze, but I don't agree.

But just know that if we do trade back, all we are likely to receive in return is 13, 44, and maybe pick 210. So, it's really not worth it unless we miss on those top 4 guys.
Oakland doesn't have a pick in the entire draft, terrible trade partner lol

If our LT is gone, it may be worth it. I would like to stay at 7 and get a stud

So, would you take the No. 11 and No. 23 for the No. 7?
Yes absolutely! A 2nd 1st rounder to move back 4 spots must be a yes. This team is more than one pick away from being a contender. Let's say 4 of these 5 players are on the board at 7. You will be guaranteed to get one of them at 11 assuming Minnesota takes a QB plus another pick at 23. I am taking that all day long!!

4 of these 5 likely available at 7.
Alt
Fashanu
Nabers
Odunze
Bowers

That's a tough one... giving up Alt but Fashunu or Bowers at 11? Defense at 23?

Most likely Fashanu/Bowers/Odunze would be there at 11. Take one of them then at 23 Take WR or T depending what the pick at 11 was. Take Defense at 38 most likely DT or CB. This also gives us the chance to trade back again with the 23rd or 38th pick to try to pick up a 3rd rounder where we could use on whatever we don't take on Defense in the 2nd round.

Pick 23 Tackle Possiblilies:
Fuaga
Fautanu
Mims
Lathan
Guyton
Barton

WR Possibilities:
Thomas Jr
Leggett
Mitchelle
McConley

Last edited by a moderator:
So, would you take the No. 11 and No. 23 for the No. 7?
There is zero chance they offer that to us. They got that pick so they can trade with AZ. The trade value works to get them a top 4 pick and they want to get ahead of the Giants.

I could however see us trading with AZ after that though. AZ will want to get up to 7 again to make sure they get one of the top 3 WR. Like when we moved back up to get Conklin. AZ has a TON of picks so they could offer us pick #11 and either a 2nd round pick or a 3rd and a 4th. I would happily move back to 11 and add a late 2nd or a 3rd and a 4th. Could still get a stud at 11.

There is zero chance they offer that to us. They got that pick so they can trade with AZ. The trade value works to get them a top 4 pick and they want to get ahead of the Giants.

I could however see us trading with AZ after that though. AZ will want to get up to 7 again to make sure they get one of the top 3 WR. Like when we moved back up to get Conklin. AZ has a TON of picks so they could offer us pick #11 and either a 2nd round pick or a 3rd and a 4th. I would happily move back to 11 and add a late 2nd or a 3rd and a 4th. Could still get a stud at 11.
I get that the compensation is out of whack. I guess, I just asked to gauge what people value more; a top ten pick, or two first round picks. There are decent arguments for both.

I get that the compensation is out of whack. I guess, I just asked to gauge what people value more; a top ten pick, or two first round picks. There are decent arguments for both.
I would also think the position of need and the obvious race for a QB this year.
I believe that makes the #7 pick hold a little more weight than maybe the draft chart would suggest. At #7, might be fighting for that 4/5 QB before what appears to be a consensus large drop

Latest posts

Back