Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burks is probably being mentally crushed by the expectation that he was and is supposed to be as good as A.J Brown since he IS A.J's replacement.

hes too slow... yeah hes not slow compared to the average walmart customer but he is too slow for debo

For reference Burks, AJB and Deebo all ran the 40 in about the same time. 4.5

Burks is just struggling. He has the tools. Will he get it ? Who knows. But we have a couple more years to find out. He isn’t going anywhere till his rookie deal is up.

Burks is probably being mentally crushed by the expectation that he was and is supposed to be as good as A.J Brown since he IS A.J's replacement.
I hope he learns to build on that “just play” kind of mentality.
If he’s got worries about not being AJ Brown, he really needs to start worrying about not being even an NWI or Chris Moore, both of which are out producing him.

Everything about this pick has sucked.

The reason why we made the pick.

Asthma.

Showed up out of shape.

Injuries

Didn't do anything first year.

Hasn't done anything second year.

Injuries.

AJ brown still stunting on the NFL.

You will never make it make sense to me. We literally have never developed a homegrown receiver. We finally do and we dump him instead of paying him. Trash.

I completely agree. I've been a fan of this franchise for 25 years. We've never had a talent that approached A.J.'s level at wide receiver. He made Tannehill look like a superstar starting with his rookie season. You see what Tannehill looks like without A.J. in the lineup.
Don't listen to the neigh sayers. It's worth talking about, venting about, and writing about. Maybe if enough fans do it then the message will get back to those who make those decisions to stop trading away the teams best talent in the name of minding a salary cap that other teams seem to do better than the Titans, AND keep their best talent. You can't build a championship roster with a revolving door at critical positions. This O'Line is Swiss cheese based on the previous GM thinking he could always find a replacement, but some players can't be replaced that easily. We'll be watching Brown set records for the next generation.

I completely agree. I've been a fan of this franchise for 25 years. We've never had a talent that approached A.J.'s level at wide receiver. He made Tannehill look like a superstar starting with his rookie season. You see what Tannehill looks like without A.J. in the lineup.
Don't listen to the neigh sayers. It's worth talking about, venting about, and writing about. Maybe if enough fans do it then the message will get back to those who make those decisions to stop trading away the teams best talent in the name of minding a salary cap that other teams seem to do better than the Titans, AND keep their best talent. You can't build a championship roster with a revolving door at critical positions. This O'Line is Swiss cheese based on the previous GM thinking he could always find a replacement, but some players can't be replaced that easily. We'll be watching Brown set records for the next generation.
Which part makes you more mad about his records?
That he was never going to do any of that in TN or that he is actually setting records with Philly?

That he was never going to do any of that in TN or that he is actually setting records with Philly?

First, I'm happy for his success, I'm just sorry the Titans didn't benefit from it- especially since he had a remaining year on his contract. Second, I'm of the belief that if the Titans had a quarterback to pair with his skills his potential could have been the same here as it is there. This is less about losing A.J. and more about the franchise examining how it approaches the cap, as well as how it approaches developing its talent. Having a dominant running back shouldn't dictate that a receiver can't produce big numbers here. This last weekend should show that with balance anything is possible. I hope Burks can find his footing and live up to his potential- which is the same thing I felt about Davis, Hunter, Calico, etc. The Titans had one player in 25 years that did- and he was shown the door. All of those who were here when that decision was made- owners, coaches, front office staff -should examine how to not be on the losing end of that level decision in the future.

First, I'm happy for his success, I'm just sorry the Titans didn't benefit from it- especially since he had a remaining year on his contract. Second, I'm of the belief that if the Titans had a quarterback to pair with his skills his potential could have been the same here as it is there. This is less about losing A.J. and more about the franchise examining how it approaches the cap, as well as how it approaches developing its talent. Having a dominant running back shouldn't dictate that a receiver can't produce big numbers here. This last weekend should show that with balance anything is possible. I hope Burks can find his footing and live up to his potential- which is the same thing I felt about Davis, Hunter, Calico, etc. The Titans had one player in 25 years that did- and he was shown the door. All of those who were here when that decision was made- owners, coaches, front office staff -should examine how to not be on the losing end of that level decision in the future.
I agree with this take.

the only part I would argue was in the previous post about THill and the loss of Brown.
THill has no doubt played like dookie but I would make the argument that Brown was not the only change made and many things have factored in (none of which let THill off the hook for those about to chime in with that BS).
The OL actually got worse from 2 years ago, the OC changed, and unfortunately, Burks is not even a half replacement for Brown.

You might want to call KC and tell them they didn’t win the SB last year without Tyreek Hill. They did it with a bunch of nobody’s at what you call critical positions. But they had a great one at THE critical position.

AJ Brown had 1496 yards in 2022

KC 5 WRs combined for 2653 yards. 530 yard per WR average.

My point is that AJ is in an offense where he is THE GUY. He wasn’t THE guy here. Derrick Henry was THE GUY. Not worth $ 25 million in a Tannehill led offense the way is was constructed.

Eagles 4400 yards passing
Chiefs 5250 yards passing

Titans 3257 yards passing

Tannehill’s best year was 3830 yards, With AJ.

JRob got fleeced in the trade and should have received close to what KC got for Hill. But alas it is what it is and he got fired.

But the top 10 highest paid WRs have one thing in common …. No Super Bowl wins. It’s all about the QB.

all brown was interested in as a Titans was the pay window and the blue tent

You might want to call KC and tell them they didn’t win the SB last year without Tyreek Hill. They did it with a bunch of nobody’s at what you call critical positions. But they had a great one at THE critical position.

My point is that AJ is in an offense where he is THE GUY. He wasn’t THE guy here. Derrick Henry was THE GUY. Not worth $ 25 million in a Tannehill led offense the way is was constructed.

JRob got fleeced in the trade and should have received close to what KC got for Hill. But alas it is what it is and he got fired.

But the top 10 highest paid WRs have one thing in common …. No Super Bowl wins. It’s all about the QB.

Evans, Kupp, and Hill have all won a SB recently.

Idk why you're so fixated on his numbers in Philly vs what would have been in tenn. Even if he just kept producing at the same level he was as a titan he was still worth every penny.

Well said. And I agree with a lot of these points. But.

AJ brown was in the Superbowl too.

AJ brown is in an offense with a vastly superior wr #2, better TE, a qb who has runs designed for him. And just as dominant of a run game as ours. You can't say he is the Eagles offense any more than he was the titans offense.

Brown is 25 henry is pushing 30. We should have kept brown and started transitioning into more of a passing offense. Which is exactly what philly did after getting AJ.

Top 10 high paid wr having no super bowls is just simply not true? Idk where you got that from.

QB is obviously the most important position. But not many QBs win a SB without elite talent at the skill positions. Chiefs had Kelce and Kelce/Hill in their 2. Rams had Kupp and OBJ. Tampa had Evans and Godwin (and Gronk). Pats had Gronk and Edelman. The 2017 Eagles really stick out as the team without any really elite talent anywhere on their offense. Of course, they had a nasty defense that year to help. But their offense consistently played above their talent level all year.

Idk why you're so fixated on his numbers in Philly vs what would have been in tenn. Even if he just kept producing at the same level he was as a titan he was still worth every penny.
This is what I call BS on.
No one would be happy spending $25/season for almost exactly 1K yards and 8TD.
Those are not top 20 numbers yet alone top 5.

and the numbers are important. Brown had a 0% chance of putting up 1400+ yds in TN.

that’s not a knock on his talent. The numbers he was putting up, are replaceable numbers for much, much less than $25 mil/year even if we now all know, Burks can’t do it.

As if more proof is needed that Brown would never produce in Nashville like in Philly, take a look at those Detroit guys, Raymond and Reynolds. Again, another situation with another philosophy, QB, OL, OC, etc and they are both out performing anything they did in TN.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ brown is in an offense with a vastly superior wr #2, better TE, a qb who has runs designed for him. And just as dominant of a run game as ours. You can't say he is the Eagles offense any more than he was the titans offense.

Brown is 25 henry is pushing 30. We should have kept brown and started transitioning into more of a passing offense. Which is exactly what philly did after getting AJ.

Top 10 high paid wr having no super bowls is just simply not true? Idk where you got that from.
Not disagreeing with this post, just want to point out a difference in this statement.
The eagles run offense success is due to one of the top OL across the league, many RB could be inserted there and continue the success.
TN has an ok OL (in the run) and capitalizes with one of the best backs in the league.
Remove Henry and swap with almost any other RB, and the threat of a 1500-2000 yard rusher is gone.

I didn’t say I agreed with the reasons. I’m just saying that’s what I think they were. I’ve been saying the modern NFL is a passing league that runs through having an elite QB, or at least very very good QB. We didn’t have that. We might now, might. Philly has an elite offense. AJB can truly excel in that offense.

the current list of the top 10 highest paid WRs after they got onto that list have NO SB wins. No team with a WR on the top 10 highest paid list has won a SB. Philly got the closest. But with their list of very good players how long can they keep that up. The cap will decimate that team quick. It’s why KC dumped Tyreek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back