Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burks and Chig have just both been so disappointing for 2 guys who we really expected to make a major leap in production....

combined they have 40 catches for 373 yards and ZERO TDs

Two years in homeboy has missed more games that he's played in. Been knocked out more times than he's caught touchdowns. Had more discussions about his breathing abilities than his football abilities.

Nothing has shown Burks can survive in the NFL, while we have a small laundry list of incidents that suggest he can't survive in the NFL. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

No one outside of this forum is talking about his breathing abilities. I’m not disputing he has been a bust to date. But they aren’t cutting him. He is getting the benefit of the doubt. Maybe not from you. But You don’t run the franchise. Y’all can keep talking all this crazy ass shit and poke fun at him but he isn’t going anywhere till his deal is up. He will get a chance to succeed. Unless they trade him.

We all blamed Tammy for the Bengal game (deserved), but Jack Rabbit drop a pick 6 and gave up 18 on the last play to seal our fate. I haven’t forgotten!
I won’t forget that Firkser gave away the play, never mind it was the stupidest play call all game, a second screen pass to F’ing Rogers right after back to back runs went for over 50.
INT #2 should have never happened and the TD from running the ball should have been enough to win.

Burks is toast. Chig is playing for a deal next year. Bit of luck we get a 4th for burks in the draft. Still has a market value for rookie deal but not had a solid oline with a qb infront of him which some teams might risk on. I hope we go for tee higgins in FA, cant see bungels resigning him with chase coming into his contract year.

Since Burks was a 1st, he got a 4 year deal with a 5th year option correct? That’s the standard?

so he still has 2 years unless he’s released or traded (ha!) and likely will not be picked up for the 5th year.

I won’t forget that Firkser gave away the play, never mind it was the stupidest play call all game, a second screen pass to F’ing Rogers right after back to back runs went for over 50.
INT #2 should have never happened and the TD from running the ball should have been enough to win.
That delayed run with Henry needing a yd…. Wtf!!!?

No one outside of this forum is talking about his breathing abilities. I’m not disputing he has been a bust to date. But they aren’t cutting him. He is getting the benefit of the doubt. Maybe not from you. But You don’t run the franchise. Y’all can keep talking all this crazy ass **** and poke fun at him but he isn’t going anywhere till his deal is up. He will get a chance to succeed. Unless they trade him.
No one is talking about his breathing abilities or anything else about him because he's a ghost. The fact he could catch a DUI tomorrow and no one would give a shit isn't a good thing. I never said they were going to cut him? You literally have to be a degenerate turd to get cut as first rounder on a rookie contract (we have experience with that too lol). He's getting the benefit of the doubt because we have a lot invested in him, and a severe lack of talent at receiver, at this point it's not by choice.

I hope Burks is awesome, he just hasn't shown that he can even be available yet.

No one is talking about his breathing abilities or anything else about him because he's a ghost. The fact he could catch a DUI tomorrow and no one would give a **** isn't a good thing. I never said they were going to cut him? You literally have to be a degenerate turd to get cut as first rounder on a rookie contract (we have experience with that too lol). He's getting the benefit of the doubt because we have a lot invested in him, and a severe lack of talent at receiver, at this point it's not by choice.

I hope Burks is awesome, he just hasn't shown that he can even be available yet.
and when he is available, he hasnt shown he can be awesome either.

No one is talking about his breathing abilities or anything else about him because he's a ghost. The fact he could catch a DUI tomorrow and no one would give a **** isn't a good thing. I never said they were going to cut him? You literally have to be a degenerate turd to get cut as first rounder on a rookie contract (we have experience with that too lol). He's getting the benefit of the doubt because we have a lot invested in him, and a severe lack of talent at receiver, at this point it's not by choice.

DUI? Ok. Random…. But yes someone would give a shit. It would be a major story. In Nashville, on ESPN and in this forum most of you would be talking about it 5 years from now.

The guy has talent. Hasn’t used it yet. He had a hobbled Tannehill, Willis and Dobbs last season with Downing as an OC in a still Henry reliant offensive scheme. Concussions aren’t a passion thing. Aren’t a talent thing. They are life threatening, life altering thing. It’s just gross that some of you make fun of the guy because his effort is what caused him to get concussed. He didn’t mail it in on a bad team. He laid out for catches that caused them. Unless he is predisposed to concussions and he has to retire the guy can play if he can stay on the field.

Concussions aren't funny... considering the advanced helmet technology out there...way too many happening

Hamstring injuries are the injury I don't understand

Who is Burks?

DUI? Ok. Random…. But yes someone would give a ****. It would be a major story. In Nashville, on ESPN and in this forum most of you would be talking about it 5 years from now.

The guy has talent. Hasn’t used it yet. He had a hobbled Tannehill, Willis and Dobbs last season with Downing as an OC in a still Henry reliant offensive scheme. Concussions aren’t a passion thing. Aren’t a talent thing. They are life threatening, life altering thing. It’s just gross that some of you make fun of the guy because his effort is what caused him to get concussed. He didn’t mail it in on a bad team. He laid out for catches that caused them. Unless he is predisposed to concussions and he has to retire the guy can play if he can stay on the field.
He CAN play if he CAN stay on the field. Just like pigs CAN fly if they CAN grow wings.

DUI? Ok. Random…. But yes someone would give a ****. It would be a major story. In Nashville, on ESPN and in this forum most of you would be talking about it 5 years from now.

Why are you even bothering with this point?
The QB hasn’t mattered, the OC hasn’t mattered.
You keep saying Burks has talent. At this point, there is zero justification to say he has talent past the college level whether it’s been injuries or other.
The fact you still want to blame OCs and QB for Burks’s lack of production is almost comical.
Since the moment he got drafted, titans played 28 games. Burks has suited up for 16, started 11. He’s played in just over half the games since he was drafted.
And when he plays, it’s not like he’s been any kind of difference maker at all, 35 YPG, less than 3 catches/ game, and 2 total TD, one of which was on a great heads up FR.
For
As much crap as NWI gets, he really been more valuable in the games Burks played nevermind the totality of the same 28 game period.

It was a Roy Williams' horse collar. They changed the rules after that year to make those a penalty. But too late for Calico.

They changed the rule for Terrell Owens. But yeah, some people are just built different, Owens was able to come back and still be close to the same player. Odell Beckham looked pretty much done a year ago, but is now starting to regain his old form again.

doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back