Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. But tanne really hasn't looked good since AJ left.
Different OL, different OC, different TE, battling injuries, potential head trauma after the Cincy loss per his own comments.
Losing AJ hurts for sure since Burks is a far cry from a replacement but it’s not the only difference.

Different OL, different OC, different TE, battling injuries, potential head trauma after the Cincy loss per his own comments.
Losing AJ hurts for sure since Burks is a far cry from a replacement but it’s not the only difference.
Yes but AJ was the biggest change between those seasons. The simple fact is QBs don't succeed without weapons. We found our most success in a decade, then traded our best weapon because we were too cheap/dumb to pay market value. Truly a franchise altering move.

Yes but AJ was the biggest change between those seasons. The simple fact is QBs don't succeed without weapons. We found our most success in a decade, then traded our best weapon because we were too cheap/dumb to pay market value. Truly a franchise altering move.
I agree QBs need weapons.
I disagree that the best weapon was traded, it’s Henry.
And I disagree that brown was the biggest change, although this is speculation. I think the OC was the biggest change followed by the collective demise of the OL, then losing Brown.

hopkins is a stud WR, I don’t think anyone questions that any more at this point. I think he can absolutely, this year, produce the same numbers that Brown produced which means, this year we have a replacement for Brown. All the 2nd fiddle WR are as bad as Brown’s.

the OL is 100% mess. With Brown around, the OL was much tougher and protective of THill, note the sack numbers on 19/20 before 21’ was awful and matched the big regression with THill statistically despite the team record.
This is subjective because I can’t prove which is more the issue on the OL between the OC terrible play calling and putting young guys in bad positions or if the OL just really stinks. Maybe the OL Coach deserves a bigger piece of the blame.

And I disagree that brown was the biggest change, although this is speculation. I think the OC was the biggest change followed by the collective demise of the OL, then losing Brown.

hopkins is a stud WR, I don’t think anyone questions that any more at this point. I think he can absolutely, this year, produce the same numbers that Brown produced which means, this year we have a replacement for Brown. All the 2nd fiddle WR are as bad as Brown’s.

the OL is 100% mess. With Brown around, the OL was much tougher and protective of THill, note the sack numbers on 19/20 before 21’ was awful and matched the big regression with THill statistically despite the team record.
This is subjective because I can’t prove which is more the issue on the OL between the OC terrible play calling and putting young guys in bad positions or if the OL just really stinks. Maybe the OL Coach deserves a bigger piece of the blame.
It’s obviously the OL. It stinks pretty real bad, and that affects Tammy, Henry, and errybody else. Jrob is to blame for that, and drafting 2 Qbs before addressing it compounded the problem. O is fucked without a line and always has been since the beginning of the game.

We were #1 seed without henry most of the season. Probably would have beat the Bengals if we didn't activate him for that game but that's beside the point.

Downing was the OC for AJs last year and the first year without him so that's simply wrong?

Our Oline took a step back sure, which is inexcusable since we traded away a star to save money?

Hopkins is on pace to barely exceed 1000 yards and score 0 TDs. Less productive than AJ has ever been. I like Hopkins but he's not taking over games anymore. Brown is doing just that more and more frequently.

You know what else helps a leaky Oline? Having a dog wide receiver you can trust to win one on one matchups and can be a safety net for your qb.

I'm not trying to say AJ is the soul reason for the downward trajectory, as we have been punished with many other terrible decisions. But I think if you were to point to one move to blame the downfall on it has to be the AJ trade.

It’s obviously the OL. It stinks pretty real bad, and that affects Tammy, Henry, and errybody else. Jrob is to blame for that, and drafting 2 Qbs before addressing it compounded the problem. O is ****ed without a line and always has been since the beginning of the game.

To make it even more frustrating...the weakest link on the line is at Left Tackle and the two best LT on the team are probably Skoronski and Radunz and yet neither of those guys gets to actually play LT.. I rewatched some of Skoronski's college games and he legit looked like a top 10 LT draft pick. I just don't get this coaching staff.

To make it even more frustrating...the weakest link on the line is at Left Tackle and the two best LT on the team are probably Skoronski and Radunz and yet neither of those guys gets to actually play LT.. I rewatched some of Skoronski's college games and he legit looked like a top 10 LT draft pick. I just don't get this coaching staff.
Everyone knows guard is the most important position.......

It’s obviously the OL. It stinks pretty real bad, and that affects Tammy, Henry, and errybody else. Jrob is to blame for that, and drafting 2 Qbs before addressing it compounded the problem. O is ****ed without a line and always has been since the beginning of the game.
JRob JRob JRob!

then why did we draft exactly the same as what we see from JRob?

guard in the 1st
long term injury player in the 2nd (we traded a pick to get)
long term injury player in the 3rd

looks just like a JRob draft to me... way to go Vrabel.

This makes sense to me....

but hey lets blame JRob, not the total and entire lack of coaching and development for the 25 or so o-line who have come through here under Vrabel and his buttkissers.

We were #1 seed without henry most of the season. Probably would have beat the Bengals if we didn't activate him for that game but that's beside the point.

Downing was the OC for AJs last year and the first year without him so that's simply wrong?

Our Oline took a step back sure, which is inexcusable since we traded away a star to save money?

Hopkins is on pace to barely exceed 1000 yards and score 0 TDs. Less productive than AJ has ever been. I like Hopkins but he's not taking over games anymore. Brown is doing just that more and more frequently.

You know what else helps a leaky Oline? Having a dog wide receiver you can trust to win one on one matchups and can be a safety net for your qb.

I'm not trying to say AJ is the soul reason for the downward trajectory, as we have been punished with many other terrible decisions. But I think if you were to point to one move to blame the downfall on it has to be the AJ trade.
“Barely over 1000 yards”, kind of like 1051 or even 1075, but beats 875 (with a new OC).

so yea, Hopkins is duplicating Browns production. TDs may be down, but clearly so are the total number thrown. I think that goes hand in hand, not just the WR.

And you’re suggesting that we could fix the OL by getting a top WR?
total nonsense. it’s always the other way around, always. Even if a WR can get open quickly to negate every pass play’s lack of blocking, the D adjusts to cover for that.

but you are correct it cannot be blamed on one specific move. We clearly differ on the 1 point of emphasis for the issue though, it’s not trading Brown.

JRob JRob JRob!

guard in the 1st

Injury “value”
Except that doesn’t really work with 1st round draft picks.

“Barely over 1000 yards”, kind of like 1051 or even 1075, but beats 875 (with a new OC).

so yea, Hopkins is duplicating Browns production. TDs may be down, but clearly so are the total number thrown. I think that goes hand in hand, not just the WR.

And you’re suggesting that we could fix the OL by getting a top WR?
total nonsense. it’s always the other way around, always. Even if a WR can get open quickly to negate every pass play’s lack of blocking, the D adjusts to cover for that.

but you are correct it cannot be blamed on one specific move. We clearly differ on the 1 point of emphasis for the issue though, it’s not trading Brown.
1066 yards in a 17 game season, sched was still 16 games when brown was here. So 1004 yards adjusted. So yes just. Brown had 869 his worst season, in 13 games and still had 5TDs.

So no he isn't.

Our Oline was gonna suck either way. I'd rather it suck with brown than without tbh.

Also as a team we have a decent history of developing oline. Maybe not recently but we have. Meanwhile we have literally only ever developed one receiver. And we threw him away once he wanted to be paid. That's dumb.

JRob JRob JRob!

guard in the 1st

Who are the long term injury players? Spears and Levis ?

When did they get hurt? I didn’t know they were on season ending IR.

Because Philly has a better QB.
OR, and this is probably worth paying attention to regarding the argument that TN would not use him the same.
84, 106, 105
Vs 145 and pace for 170.

those are the target numbers for Brown.

And total team pass att Titans (19-21)/ eagles (22-23)

21- 535 (25th)
20- 485 (30th)
19- 448 (31st)

22- 536 (23rd)
23- 213 (12th)

so in general, he has less opportunities because of play calling all around. Titans pass less.
Then add whenever Brown wanted to sit out, in-game or all game, could be partly on Vrabel since he seems to encourage that.

It may be true but they believe the guard is the most important position because it’s the closest line direction to the qb

It may be true but they believe the guard is the most important position because it’s the closest line direction to the qb
C is supposed to be the guy who calls out blocking assignments for the entire OL. Titans have not put a priority on that either because Brewer.
you may be right, the titans have prioritized G, while important disregards the impact DE can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back