Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only things VY and Penix have in common is that they both played in the National Championship game and they are both black. Penix is hitting NFL sized windows in college. He can definitely read a defense. He might not make it in the NFL, but it won’t be because he’s VY 2.0.
Poor Vince young, so much talent but just not much knowledge. Last I heard he had filed bankruptcy multiple times.

IIRC he had a relative rip him off bigly that was his 'financial adviser'

Seems to happen a lot with these young athletes. They get rich and all the sudden their homies/cousins are "financial advisors". A few years down the road someone notices millions have been skimmed or that said advisor was making incredible dumb choices with someone else's money.

In the case of Young, his advisor/uncle took out a 2 million dollar loan in his name in which he was later sued for non payment. I think he was pretty much already broke from too much cheesecake factory and partying/dancing naked with a bunch of dudes.

Seems to happen a lot with these young athletes. They get rich and all the sudden their homies/cousins are "financial advisors". A few years down the road someone notices millions have been skimmed or that said advisor was making incredible dumb choices with someone else's money.

In the case of Young, his advisor/uncle took out a 2 million dollar loan in his name in which he was later sued for non payment. I think he was pretty much already broke from too much cheesecake factory and partying/dancing naked with a bunch of dudes.
And a commercial plane ride all to himself! Least he has stories to tell….

And a commercial plane ride all to himself! Least he has stories to tell….
Yep. But he made $35m in the NFL and who knows how much from endorsements etc and filed for bankruptcy just 7 years after being drafted. The sad part is, he listed only 500k-1m in assets when he filed. So the man probably burned through nearly $50 mil in 7 years and had less than a mil in assets to show for it.

Vince Young had a lot to do with his financial demise. I recall he bought every ticket on a Southwest flight 737 so he could fly "privately" to an event with his "friends". He could've chartered for a lot less.

You can't fix stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back