Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last year we waited til March 11 to re-sign Vaccaro. The new league year was 2 days later.

We shouldn't expect anything right now, all the teams are busy scouting the rookie class up til the combine later this month.

This time next month look for names to pop up.
This, the titans don't tend to sign players quickly. Sucks as fans not knowing. However I think most of the time the team and players know they have a deal they just keep working on it till the last minute to iron everything out.

Edit: we do the same with draft picks. We are always one of the last teams to sign everyone.

This, the titans don't tend to sign players quickly. Sucks as fans not knowing. However I think most of the time the team and players know they have a deal they just keep working on it till the last minute to iron everything out.

Edit: we do the same with draft picks. We are always one of the last teams to sign everyone.
The combine is a good chance to make a deal happen with guys, everyones agents are around that place

He carries a $13M hit to their cap if they cut Cooks

The real guy LA may have to part with is Ramsey. Hes worth all his money but if they can unload him they would gain $13M cap dollars and whatever draft picks comes from a trade.

They also just gained $3M that was set aside for Weddle who just retired.
I’m not suggesting a cut but if the purpose of trading Gurley is to save money somehow, I would already have cooks on the trade block before I say Gurley is.
But as I stated, being on the block doesn’t really mean anything anyway. It just means they’re looking/entertaining offers.

I’m willing to bet teams get offers for any player even without announcing a player is on the trade block too.

I’m not suggesting a cut but if the purpose of trading Gurley is to save money somehow, I would already have cooks on the trade block before I say Gurley is.
But as I stated, being on the block doesn’t really mean anything anyway. It just means they’re looking/entertaining offers.

I’m willing to bet teams get offers for any player even without announcing a player is on the trade block too.
No one is trading for cooks and they know it.

No one is trading for cooks and they know it.
Who’s trading for Gurley?
Point is that their salary cap issues are not tied exclusively on Gurley. They’ve wasted plenty of other money on less effective players even compared with injured seasons by Gurley.

I don’t think they made a mistake signing Gurley to his contract. The mistake was giving Goff and Cooks so much.

Y’all are crazy. If someone made almost $6 million in 4 years. They could easily walk away from football and live a fantastic life.

Lololol you’re trying to tell me $1.5 million a year isn’t significant? Foolish.
For your average person it is but in nfl cap terms its is nothing. We could pay every player on the team almost 4mil a year if they payed everyone equal like the xfl. I know they pay qbs more and that is a dumb argument but it points out how little a salary it is.

Y’all are crazy. If someone made almost $6 million in 4 years. They could easily walk away from football and live a fantastic life.
I have said since I was 10 anyone who wants to make over 1mil a year is a greedy douche. But evidently that makes me a Communist or something.

I have said since I was 10 anyone who wants to make over 1mil a year is a greedy douche. But evidently that makes me a Communist or something.
Interesting. I could maybe agree if you said "anyone who wants to KEEP over 1mil a year is a greedy douche." But it really all depends on what you're doing with the money, right? I cant hate someone for earning a ton if they're doing good things with it, and still being a good person/parent/spouse.

Normies sure

These NFL guys has horrible sense of how to spend money. Henry was walking around Miami in ugly $500 button ups..

Normies sure

These NFL guys has horrible sense of how to spend money. Henry was walking around Miami in ugly $500 button ups..
Sure NFL players have a bad present and history with money but let’s not overlook the amount of production he just did compared to his competition. He has earned way passed that paycheck and to look at it like “6 million is more than enough to walk away” then he’s totally short changing himself.

I don’t think anyone here is willing to outperform their paycheck like Henry just did and be fine with people doing much less and getting paid way more.

Interesting. I could maybe agree if you said "anyone who wants to KEEP over 1mil a year is a greedy douche." But it really all depends on what you're doing with the money, right? I cant hate someone for earning a ton if they're doing good things with it, and still being a good person/parent/spouse.
I will accept that. If you make it and spend it is helpful for the economy.

Edit: should have added spend the excess in good ways. Problem is most rich people spend it on stupid crap or save it with no thought for other people. Poor people do the same but if yiu evenly divided that money for poor and middle class people that money would be better used driving the economy and not siting in a bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting johnson or gurley instead of henry is ludicrous. Gurley has a bum knee riddled with arthritis and johnson is not the 2016 johnson. Watched alot of cards this year and hes not explosive.

Henry got us to the playoffs and he's an athlete that is all about conditioning to the point it's a hobby. He's got years of tread in him. Get him signed 3-4 years top heavy contract. Our wrs aren't worth getting paid in the next few years and we need to draft our future qb. Is there any1 realistically on outer squad that jumps out in the next 2 years apart from adoree maybe???? who needs top dollar??
What part of my post suggested we go after either of them?

Johnny Manziel comes to mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back