Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevis Coleman was the highest paid RB that played in the super bowl. The 15th highest paid in the league, at 4.25M/yr
Good plan. Let’s spend $28 million on a QB and nothing on the rest of the offense so we can lose the SB! Or, let’s draft the next MVP QB so we can win the SB!

Henry brings a lot more than just beastly running like work ethic, team first attitude, and identity. We don’t know what we’ll get on D next sure with a new DC so stabilizing a sure part of our team identity is imperative. We likely will need ball control in a bad way, at least early in the season.

Sign Henry. He’s a 2nd rounder that exceeded expectations. He’s a character guy, Heisman winner. He’s not a me first pain the azz like Bell, Zeke, etc.

Tanne played great but I think what we saw in the KC game is about what we get day in and day out. Good enough and above average. I’d franchise him and let the early part of next season determine his long term value.

So, franchise Henry, transition Tanny, and work out a deal with Conklin? What about Ryan?

If you read one of my previous posts I suggested tagging 2 of Tanny/Henry/Conklin, obviously hoping JRrob works some cap magic to still leave some left over. Then targeting pass rush in FA and draft along with CB with one of our first picks. Can’t see us retaining Logan with Malcolm on the books and the Adoree extension talk starting soon. Then again, could retain Ryan and replace Conklin thru the draft and keep D. Kelly. So many different things, it’s the off-season man, just having fun. Haha

If Henry doesn’t get tagged i bet he gets a similar deal than Zeke minus the original length. Zeke got essentially 4yrs 50mil guaranteed with a little more than $28mil within his first 2 yrs. If I was putting my GM hat on, I’d say 4 yrs $56mil, 33/35mil guaranteed.

Derrick will be the first to get resigned/tagged.

The QB spot has alot of factors going into it that JROB has to consider each one. Length. Money. Can he repeat. How does he do without a running game (if god forbid DH gets hurt) and ... people are gonna laugh at this, but it has/or is being discussed with Vrabe and J........ Brady..... and his laundry list of compatibility needs....

QB will probably come right down to the wire.

View attachment 17130 View attachment 17131 David Johnson getting cut. Todd Gurley getting traded. That's 2 of the 5 grossly overpaid RBs. Teams trying to get out from under these salary crushing contracts.

MAYYYBE this will help us get Henry signed for less than Zeke $$$
David Johnson has a 3/39 mil contract, that’s be great to get Henry for that.
But they also have tons of money to chandler jones and Patrick Peterson to earn themselves a Kylar Murray pick and another early pick this year. Makes sense to get rid of Johnson during a rebuild of a crap team.

Rams also have a Goff and Brandin Cooks contract that hurts them more than Gurley.
Had Gurley not gotten banged up, I’d say he’s actually more value than both of them.

Cards letting Johnson go, and Gurley rumoured to be on the trade block, should surely at the least get JRob stopping and thinking, hang on, signing an RB to a big long-term deal often doesn't work out that well.

Cards letting Johnson go, and Gurley rumoured to be on the trade block, should surely at the least get JRob stopping and thinking, hang on, signing an RB to a big long-term deal often doesn't work out that well.
Yea them dudes have been hurt tho

Henry has clean bill of health

Getting johnson or gurley instead of henry is ludicrous. Gurley has a bum knee riddled with arthritis and johnson is not the 2016 johnson. Watched alot of cards this year and hes not explosive.

Henry got us to the playoffs and he's an athlete that is all about conditioning to the point it's a hobby. He's got years of tread in him. Get him signed 3-4 years top heavy contract. Our wrs aren't worth getting paid in the next few years and we need to draft our future qb. Is there any1 realistically on outer squad that jumps out in the next 2 years apart from adoree maybe???? who needs top dollar??

Two guys who aren’t Derrick Henry suck. We should probably let Henry walk and roll with Lewis and a rookie just in case Henry morphs into a totally different person. That makes sense. Give top dollar to guys who aren’t the best at what they do, just in case.

Getting johnson or gurley instead of henry is ludicrous. Gurley has a bum knee riddled with arthritis and johnson is not the 2016 johnson. Watched alot of cards this year and hes not explosive.
No one suggested we go after gurley or DJ. It's being discussed bc 2 of the top 5 paid RBs might get moved bc their teams want out from the contracts. It's just interesting to consider since we are about to pay Henry big money.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ is part of a trash team, injures or not, it makes sense to cut him to help with rebuild anyway. He’s not the future.

Gurley on the trade block is one thing, if he gets traded, that’s another. If not, then the Rams are fine paying him and I’m sure driving him more and more into the ground.

If they were really concerned about their money and on Gurley, they should look at cooks first.

If they were really concerned about their money and on Gurley, they should look at cooks first.
He carries a $13M hit to their cap if they cut Cooks

The real guy LA may have to part with is Ramsey. Hes worth all his money but if they can unload him they would gain $13M cap dollars and whatever draft picks comes from a trade.

They also just gained $3M that was set aside for Weddle who just retired.

When do these type of internal signings happen? Right before FA starts or is it random leading up?
Well last year we waited til March 11 to re-sign Vaccaro. The new league year was 2 days later.

We shouldn't expect anything right now, all the teams are busy scouting the rookie class up til the combine later this month.

This time next month look for names to pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back