Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we re-do the vote now that word is out he wants Zeke+ money? Interested to know what people think...

He's the backbone, so I'm still leaning towards "yes'ish" but I'm not totally sure. I also thought Zeke did it longer and is much better catching, so thought it would be less for sure.

But also after digging around, Zeke's contract isn't as bad as I thought...? The team can get out after 4 years with only 6M dead? Is that true? Contracts still confuse me...

Ezekiel Elliott

Ezekiel Elliott contract breakdown reveals deal's true victors

Can we re-do the vote now that word is out he wants Zeke+ money? Interested to know what people think...

He's the backbone, so I'm still leaning towards "yes'ish" but I'm not totally sure. I also thought Zeke did it longer and is much better catching, so thought it would be less for sure.

But also after digging around, Zeke's contract isn't as bad as I thought...? The team can get out after 4 years with only 6M dead? Is that true? Contracts still confuse me...

Ezekiel Elliott

Zeks deal is dressed up to look bigger than it is.

And you can change your vote if your vagina is itching all of a sudden

Bottom line, the Titans have to pay him. With him and tanney, we are favorites to win the division and be a contender. Without either one of them, we aren't. That simple.

Ezekiel Elliott

Zeke’s contract on paper is 6yrs/90mil. He technically has a 2 year option which really makes it 8yrs/102mil. However if you look at the numbers it’s essentially a 4yr deal 50mil. His base salary is just over 12 a year which is not bad at all. He’s getting over $28mil right out of the gate within his first 2yrs and also has signing and option bonuses each year that push his annual salary to 15. Looking at his whole contract it does look massive but don’t let the numbers fool you. He’s got a 4 year window where the majority of his money is guaranteed. After that the cowboys can cut him and only take a 6mil hit. If he continues to play well then he gets to make that other money on the rest of his deal but chances are he won’t.

Zeke’s contract on paper is 6yrs/90mil. He technically has a 2 year option which really makes it 8yrs/102mil. However if you look at the numbers it’s essentially a 4yr deal 50mil. His base salary is just over 12 a year which is not bad at all. He’s getting over $28mil right out of the gate within his first 2yrs and also has signing and option bonuses each year that push his annual salary to 15. Looking at his whole contract it does look massive but don’t let the numbers fool you. He’s got a 4 year window where the majority of his money is guaranteed. After that the cowboys can cut him and only take a 6mil hit. If he continues to play well then he gets to make that other money on the rest of his deal but chances are he won’t.
Context matters.

We all know there is going to be a lot of talk over the next few weeks. Henry's agent is totally telling him Elliott money is the floor. Do they truly think they can get that? Time will tell.

Robinson is too smart to overpay a RB. He will get the tag. Bank on it.

That’s the smart move here no doubt but then you risk the chance of him holding out. I know people out there are gonna say “Henry won’t hold out, he’s a team guy.” The man is gonna wanna get paid NOW and I don’t blame him if he waits. It’s all about cashing in while you can with these players. It’ll be interesting how both sides play this going forward.

Henry will come cheap compared to a high profile WR who touches the ball half the amount he does

RB's are devalued but only the only who arent the best at their craft

That’s the smart move here no doubt but then you risk the chance of him holding out. I know people out there are gonna say “Henry won’t hold out, he’s a team guy.” The man is gonna wanna get paid NOW and I don’t blame him if he waits. It’ll be interesting how both sides play this going forward.
Hes a RB, he needs his money now. I think hed play for the tag and just re-up next yr somewhere else

This kid is a specimen, dont apply traditional RB rules to this guy.

Hes a RB, he needs his money now. I think hed play for the tag and just re-up next yr somewhere else

This kid is a specimen, dont apply traditional RB rules to this guy.

I don’t disagree with that but he’s losing a ton of money on the tag so I wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to wait this out. His value right now is rocket high, he knows that and so does his agent. The tag is a step backwards for him but the smart decision for the organization.

I don’t disagree with that but he’s losing a ton of money on the tag so I wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to wait this out. His value right now is rocket high, he knows that and so does his agent. The tag is a step backwards for him but the smart decision for the organization.
Tag for him would be around $12.5M this yr, thats pretty close to his market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back