Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay the man...if the tits are stupid enough to let the best RB in the nfl, and the perfect RB for their system walk ....I will be out the door as a fan of this franchise

I hear you but think about this. We're talking about rewarding Tanny for a half a season vs what Henry has done consistently for 2 seasons. Regardless of the history of decline with RB's, the same decline happened in the case of Kirk Cousins. I dont totally disagree with your point, but Henry is not a typical RB. He's only had 1 injury his ENTIRE football career.

OK, but now you aren’t making the point of who is more deserving. You are talking about value and quality of investment—along with risk reward. Those are the things we should be considering. Not who deserves what. But I would argue that Tannehill is more valuable to the team than Henry. Look at Henry and the teams success under MM. Henry with a bad QB didn’t take us far. But put in RT and that made the difference. You may say RT might not be as good without Henry, and you may be right. But we know Henry with a lesser QB isn’t enough. If you can have them both great—but if you can only have one you take RT.

And Kirk Cousin hasn’t regressed really. He had a good year.

Pay the man...if the tits are stupid enough to let the best RB in the nfl, and the perfect RB for their system walk ....I will be out the door as a fan of this franchise

Then you are not really a fan...don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

OK, but now you aren’t making the point of who is more deserving. You are talking about value and quality of investment—along with risk reward. Those are the things we should be considering. Not who deserves what. But I would argue that Tannehill is more valuable to the team than Henry. Look at Henry and the teams success under MM. Henry with a bad QB didn’t take us far. But put in RT and that made the difference. You may say RT might not be as good without Henry, and you may be right. But we know Henry with a lesser QB isn’t enough. If you can have them both great—but if you can only have one you take RT.

And Kirk Cousin hasn’t regressed really. He had a good year.

I did make my point. 6 games is not enough to give Tanny a long term deal vs what Henry has done over 2 seasons. We got to the AFC Championship because of Henry not Tannehill.

I did make my point. 6 games is not enough to give Tanny a long term deal vs what Henry has done over 2 seasons. We got to the AFC Championship because of Henry not Tannehill.

Dude, we don’t make the playoffs without RT, period. So without him but with Henry we would have missed the playoffs. Do you disagree? Do we get there with Marcus and Henry? If you don’t think Henry’s success is tied to Tannehill you are crazy. Look at Henry’s stat with Marcus. One 100 yd game. His success in the playoffs can’t be separated from Tannehill playing QB. He made teams respect the paddy game so they couldn’t clog the box. The passing game improved drastically and that effected the running game.

If you think this team with Henry with MM would have gone to the AFC championship you are crazy.

Right over your head...lol

No actually, you are saying because I put up with bad moves by the Titans I am like a battered wife who stays when beaten. I get it. But in no way are those things comparable in my life. Titans could be shitty forever but they have been my team for 30+ years—doesn’t hurt me to live with it.

But you made the comparison so apparently you have a very unhealthy connection to your favorite team. Maybe my reply was over your head.

No actually, you are saying because I put up with bad moves by the Titans I am like a battered wife who stays when beaten. I get it. But in no way are those things comparable in my life. Titans could be ****** forever but they have been my team for 30+ years—doesn’t hurt me to live with it.

But you made the comparison so apparently you have a very unhealthy connection to your favorite team.
That is literally the definition of battered wife syndrome....but you stay with em no matter what...I’m sure they will change...lol

Dude, we don’t make the playoffs without RT, period. So without him but with Henry we would have missed the playoffs. Do you disagree? Do we get there with Marcus and Henry? If you don’t think Henry’s success is tied to Tannehill you are crazy. Look at Henry’s stat with Marcus. One 100 yd game. His success in the playoffs can’t be separated from Tannehill playing QB. He made teams respect the paddy game so they couldn’t clog the box. The passing game improved drastically and that effected the running game.

If you think this team with Henry with MM would have gone to the AFC championship you are crazy.

Uhhhh this thread is titled Long term deal for Henry...

Why do you keep talking about Mariota??? I'm only speaking on Henry should get a long term deal before Tanny.
When free agency hits who do you think gets more attention from other teams Henry or Tannehill? BOTH guys are important to our team but I dont think Tanny,Comeback player of the year should be a priority before Henry BASED ON 6 GAMES. One of those guys will get tagged so we'll just have to wait and see.

That is literally the definition of battered wife syndrome....but you stay with em no matter what...I’m sure they will change...lol

You are comparing being a fan of a bad team to being in a bad marriage...they are completely different...at least in my life. Battered wife syndrome applies to a situation woman or wife is beaten. It is not just a phrase that applies to people sticking around in a tough situation. It is not an idiom with that sort of flexibility. So you are completely miss using it.

And you are not a true fan...

Uhhhh this thread is titled Long term deal for Henry...

Why do you keep talking about Mariota??? I'm only speaking on Henry should get a long term deal before Tanny.
When free agency hits who do you think gets more attention from other teams Henry or Tannehill? BOTH guys are important to our team but I dont think Tanny,Comeback player of the year should be a priority before Henry BASED ON 6 GAMES. One of those guys will get tagged so we'll just have to wait and see.

You are the one who said we only made the AFC championship game because of Henry not Tannehill. That is false because without Tannehill we don’t make the playoffs. Is that not true? If it is true your statement is false.

And on who will get more attention it depends on whether the team needs a QB. All teams put the QB position ahead of the RB position. So if a team with no good starting QB had a choice between Henry or Tannehill, they would take Tannehill. I am confident he is our priority.

You are comparing being a fan of a bad team to being in a bad marriage...they are completely different...at least in my life. Battered wife syndrome applies to a situation woman or wife is beaten. It is not just a phrase that applies to people sticking around in a tough situation. It is not an idiom with that sort of flexibility. So you are completely miss using it.

And you are not a true fan...
You like it when you are abused....but I’m here to help
People often stay in abusive relationships because of something called 'trauma bonding' — here are the signs it's happening to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back