Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk about overall. But I would say he the 2nd best back in the nfl. But being great and what someone is worth are not the same.
Odell averages 18M/yr FTR and theres about 20 guys Id rather build an offense around, including Henry

Pay Henry his money, itll be less than less impactful WRs get

Odell averages 18M/yr FTR and theres about 20 guys Id rather build an offense around, including Henry

Pay Henry his money, itll be less than less impactful WRs get
I dont disagree that wr's are overpaid. But that is not a great argument for paying another player more than he is worth.

I think folks read too much into what Henry said but you cant blame him. I dont know anyone who's gonna ask for less than what they think their worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry will get the franchise tag

Personally I think he deserves the long term deal more than Tannehill. Tanny only has a half a season under his belt. His position as a QB is the main factor he may get the long term deal before Henry but I think Henry is more deserving of a long term deal.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. We've known for over a month that he would get this kind of money. Now do you think hes worth it or not?

I've always said RB is the most replaceable position, and paying one this kind of money hurts your overall team. Henry has convinced me over the past month that he is an exception.

Right? We have been saying it but others were quite sure he wouldn’t. I am all for a franchise tag

Personally I think he deserves the long term deal more than Tannehill. Tanny only has a half a season under his belt. His position as a QB is the main factor he may get the long term deal before Henry but I think Henry is more deserving of a long term deal.

It is not about deserving. Teams that make decisions based on who deserves the money will not be successful. It is about how well you use your money. And QB is by far the most important position in the field—more important than RB by a ton. That is why the best QBs make more than twice what the best RBs make.

The difference between what most we’re hoping for/would sign him for and the “zeke money” is not much at all especially when considering 15-16 mil per season is not actually that much against the cap each year.

It’s almost always lower up front. Pay the guy. With caps going up as much as they anticipate, agents are going to ask for more (all positions) and likely get new high marks.
Pay him.

RB’s have a history of declining after big time contracts and they also are much more easily replaced.

The difference between what most we’re hoping for/would sign him for and the “zeke money” is not much at all especially when considering 15-16 mil per season is not actually that much against the cap each year.

It’s almost always lower up front. Pay the guy. With caps going up as much as they anticipate, agents are going to ask for more (all positions) and likely get new high marks.
Pay him.
I dont want it lower up front. That is the worst part. When he is declining, we will be tied up paying more. If anything I would want it frontloaded.

I dont want it lower up front. That is the worst part. When he is declining, we will be tied up paying more. If anything I would want it frontloaded.
I just want JRob to actually spend his money this year. I can't see Henry being easily replaced, which means sign him. Pretty much cost be da**ed.

It is not about deserving. Teams that make decisions based on who deserves the money will not be successful. It is about how well you use your money. And QB is by far the most important position in the field—more important than RB by a ton. That is why the best QBs make more than twice what the best RBs make.

I hear you but think about this. We're talking about rewarding Tanny for a half a season vs what Henry has done consistently for 2 seasons. Regardless of the history of decline with RB's, the same decline happened in the case of Kirk Cousins. I dont totally disagree with your point, but Henry is not a typical RB. He's only had 1 injury his ENTIRE football career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back