Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said sign him,

You can say that all you want, but Tricky is right. If it was Johnson in Henry’s place after a season like that most people would be screaming that we had to sign him.

I mean I can’t argue for the masses but I can tell you that there are 13 people who don’t want to re sign Henry now and that number would be a lot higher if he only had one good season (like DJ).

Sure, but you said Johnson only had one year, so a lot of people wouldn’t trust it. Henry has a half more. Why would people be so much less confident in Johnson than Henry because of a half season more?

1.5 good years out of 2. Johnson 1 good year out of 4. See the difference?

1.5 good years out of 2. Johnson 1 good year out of 4. See the difference?

Dude they extended Johnson after he played 2 full seasons and only started 5 games in his first season. He was out for a year and got the extension after that. His production in starting 5 games was very much on pace to his big season the next year.

Dude they extended Johnson after he played 2 full seasons and only started 5 games in his first season. He was out for a year and got the extension after that. His production in starting 5 games was very much on pace to his big season the next year.

His 2018 season was not on par with his previous numbers. He signed the extension his 4th year in the league.

So is it a good thing for the Titans or potentially bad that Tannehill hired the same agent as Henry. Business is picking up. Double package?

He had less carries per game when Mariota was QB. Can’t just look at rushing yards. Look at his YPC.

Four of those 6 he averaged less than 4 yds...and 2 games less than 3 yds. After the yds per game were consistently better. Never below 4 and 5 games over 5–2 over 8 and 1 over 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
In September of his fourth year...before he really played that season. So really after 3 years of which he only played 2.

I’m sorry man if he was coming off an injury and one good season I don’t think people would be itching to sign Henry to a huge deal.

Also worth nothing Johnson’s contract wasn’t huge. 3/39 much different than Zeke’s deal.

Four of those 6 he averaged less than 4 yds...and 2 games less than 3 yds. After the yds per game were consistently better. Never below 4 and 5 games over 5–2 over 8 and 1 over 6.

First 4 games without Lewan. Stop reaching. He was ineffective in 2 games this season. Denver and Jacksonville.

You’re just being foolish if you don’t think Henry was solid all year this year.

I’m sorry man if he was coming off an injury and one good season I don’t think people would be itching to sign Henry to a huge deal.

Also worth nothing Johnson’s contract wasn’t huge. 3/39 much different than Zeke’s deal.

We can agree to disagree. And for the time 13 mill a year was top RB money I believe. So it was huge for the date it was signed. Then Gurley hit and Zeke hit and now it doesn’t seem so big.

First 4 games without Lewan. Stop reaching. He was ineffective in 2 games this season. Denver and Jacksonville.

You’re just being foolish if you don’t think Henry was solid all year this year.

I just gave you the number man.. Interpret them as you will. You said don’t look at total yards but average—so I gave you the averages that proved my point. What more can I show you. I said he improved significantly when Tannehill came on board. The number bear that out. Lewan likely played a role too. But He needed an improved passing game to open up the running game and Tannehill provides that. If we don’t switch to Tannehill his season looks a lot different I think. Above average to good, not great.

We can agree to disagree. And for the time 13 mill a year was top RB money I believe. So it was huge for the date it was signed. Then Gurley hit and Zeke hit and now it doesn’t seem so big.

AAV it was a large deal but it was only 3 years long and he could be cut after 2 seasons. Not really a huge commitment for them.

I just gave you the number man.. Interpret them as you will. You said don’t look at total yards but average—so I gave you the averages that proved my point. What more can I show you. I said he improved significantly when Tannehill came on board. The number bear that out. Lewan likely played a role too. But He needed an improved passing game to open up the running game and Tannehill provides that. If we don’t switch to Tannehill his season looks a lot different I think. Above average to good, not great.

So you’re saying he would have been above average to good (if no QB change) and I said he was good all year. You are just arguing to argue lol get out of here dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back