Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Broncos leave today without signing Manning, then I'll believe 100% that we have him.

And by that I mean, this isn't a workout, its the Bronco's final pitch to try and close the deal.

This whole Denver/Tebow/Manning deal is just bizarre.
Tebow selling more jerseys than the rest of the league combined.
They have a fanbase prepared to sacrifice children to the cult of Tebow..
They actually have won a bunch with Tebow..

So what do they do?
They rip what has to be an irreparable gash into their relation ship with him.
I want Manning in TN just to see the drama unfold in Denver when they have to run back to this guy with their tails between their legs.

At least we have a vet and a promising young guy if Manning goes west..

Yeah, you are right about that....Elway has pretty much unzipped his fly here. Had not thought about it that way before. With us, Hasselbeck has always known he was a short term bridge and mentor, so no harm no foul. Locker would switch mentors, which is a little tougher to me but still workable.

Over there, Tebow took over a team, and (our opinions about his play notwithstanding), won over alot of the fanbase while taking that team into the playoffs. I do not see him just openly accepting the Broncos back (at least not any longer than he has to...), and even if he does, he still is the 45% passer with athletic abilities that will wane in time. Quinn is shopping around for other teams also.

If Elway loses this, he may have to suit back up himself LOL.....

If the Broncos leave today without signing Manning, then I'll believe 100% that we have him.

And by that I mean, this isn't a workout, its the Bronco's final pitch to try and close the deal.

I said this on another thread....reporter from the Denver Post said on NFL Network that it was meant for the team owner to see the merchandise before he decides whether or not to sweeten the pot. Apparently, as of now our offer is better.

I agree though, they will likely make another offer while there. If they don't, we will definitely want to check out his workout as well (if they don't make an offer I read into this that they are concerned with something).

I doubt Peyton Manning has even made up his mind yet. He's said all along that he will work out for the SERIOUS finalists. This really doesn't change anything. He'll probably work out for the broncos today and the Titans this weekend at some point.

Yea, I really don't get how the Broncos are an option.

We gave up the 2nd lowest amount of sacks last year, and we already signed one pro bowl OL and are on the verge of signing another.

We have a WAY better run game (with this improved OL and superior RB) and WAY better targets.

They SAY their defense is better and it is in certain aspects, but we're no slouch in comparison. We gave up 6ppg less with a younger defense.

Jacksonville is drooling and waiting to be re-born when Tebow is released. :drool:

Jacksonville already decided to sign Chad Henne instead of waiting to see if Tebow was available. Good choice imo. Chad Henne is actually a passer. He's not that great of one, but he's a lot better than Tim Tebow at it.

I doubt Peyton Manning has even made up his mind yet. He's said all along that he will work out for the SERIOUS finalists. This really doesn't change anything. He'll probably work out for the broncos today and the Titans this weekend at some point.

Manning is really pissing me off here.

I mean, cmon, how much time does it take to make up your mind? Everybody and their kid sister knew this was coming for months.

Why didn't you just work out when you were AT the teams friggin facilities? Save a few cross country plane rides.

Help the teams help you... give them the time and certainty to be able to add pieces around you.

I'll say this... he's making it real easy for me to switch to hating him if he doesn't sign here.

He has to know which teams he wants to be on at this point.

If he is going by contratcs only then he clearly doesnt care
about either teams. So imo he has to have his mind made up
Peyton cant be bought...he has to be favoring a team for other reasons.

He could just be making TN fans bite their nails. His mind has to be made up IMO.

I agree with TST that if this is just a final pitch by Denver then he's ours.

If we become confirmed to see him workout he's ours.

I just have a horrible feeling that tonight it's over and he'll be announced a Bronco.

I'm switching back and forth. I feel that he is a bronco and then I read something that makes me think he is a Titan. When the report that the broncos have a workout today I was for sure he would be a bronco but then it was confirmed that we have a workout as well. So I have no idea.

I just want him to decide so we can get on with free agency.

Since we're talking gut feelings...
I think Manning is intrigued by the thought of playing in Denver and the fact that TN's overture didn't rule out Denver by default means he's balancing the no-brainer (TN and the FO offer) and the Rocky Mtn Vacation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back