Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't know why I said that earlier...but apparently they are high on re-signing him. Oh because the other Alex Smith was signed.

I'm trying to put myself in Manning's shoes...

Why the need for a work out?

-He wants to generate more buzz because he would like to see what more teams have to offer?

If not, how does this help Manning choose a team? Maybe it doesn't? Maybe he already has a team in mind?

If he does then what? Work out for the broncos so they can offer him more money? Certainly the Titans have offered him the most so it can't be a question to get more money from the titans...

So then are the Broncos his top choice given that they will be able to match or better Tenn's offer.

If they do. Then what? He signs? We try to out due them? Would that even matter at this point?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

He might wanted to workout just for his own sake and invited Elway and his crew to witness. I'm sure he does workout on a regular basis.

I'm trying to put myself in Manning's shoes...

Why the need for a work out?

-He wants to generate more buzz because he would like to see what more teams have to offer?

If not, how does this help Manning choose a team? Maybe it doesn't? Maybe he already has a team in mind?

If he does then what? Work out for the broncos so they can offer him more money? Certainly the Titans have offered him the most so it can't be a question to get more money from the titans...

So then are the Broncos his top choice given that they will be able to match or better Tenn's offer.

If they do. Then what? He signs? We try to out due them? Would that even matter at this point?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

If he doesn't sign with the Broncos today he's ours. That's my thinking.

He is trying to increase the cash....5 year $60 MM will not be enough for him. Two bidders plus a third warming up. Numbers are going nowhere but up.....way up.

All I know is that Reinfeldt and Munchak must have the patience of Job given how this has evolved relative to the plan I am sure they had in place leading up to the "Go Get Me Manning" turn of events.

If we have to sign Manning to a 5 year deal then we back out. Now.

It should be 3 years, absolute max. The guy is 36 for christ's sake.

Also, what sort of effect will his enormous guaranteed money have on the cap? Will it end up being a repeat of 01-04 where we overpaid everyone and then had to purge for 3 years.

F*** that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back