Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again. What about being in Cleveland makes him more marketable? Sorry my wording was poor.
He was referring to the pay offered to play in Cleveland vice a city people would actually want to play in.
That was the explanation of marketable. It’s from the FA standpoint, you can offer less if there are other attractive pieces to offer (desirable city, winning team, etc).
By that standpoint, a player is more marketable to play in Cleveland.
Yes, what the team is willing to pay, but also bigger/more loyal fan base. More $ flowing to sports teams and players from outside sources.

In my opinion Miami is a better city to live and play in, but fan-ship here sucks. Too many other attractions to keep attention from sports. Unless you're Wade, Lebron, or Jason Taylor, you're not gonna see your jersey walking around or get paid for appearances/speaking events/etc.

I am ignoring your question because it is stupid. Sorry that Ignoring has hurt your feelings so much.

Your long diatribe is full of your personal speculation, not fact. The fact is very few NFL players make significant money from marketing themselves. And the marketing opportunities in Cleveland are not significantly better anyway.
Yes, I was devastated. Apology accepted. Thank you.

Clearly you accept the fact that most free agents get, what you consider, "over paid". It's not that JRob overpays as much as that is the nature of the game. Good discussion.

Yes, I was devastated. Apology accepted. Thank you.

Clearly you accept the fact that most free agents get, what you consider, "over paid". It's not that JRob overpays as much as that is the nature of the game. Good discussion.

As good as a discussion can be with someone who thinks NFL players would rather be in Cleveland.

At least though you got to say "waaahhhhh yOu IGnoreD mY QueTIoN 3 TImEs"

Keep having fun with your assumptions and trap questions ;)

He was referring to the pay offered to play in Cleveland vice a city people would actually want to play in.
That was the explanation of marketable. It’s from the FA standpoint, you can offer less if there are other attractive pieces to offer (desirable city, winning team, etc).
By that standpoint, a player is more marketable to play in Cleveland.
That is not marketability of the play. That is selling the player on a team. Big name cities with something cool about them would make the player more marketable from an agent standpoint. Hanging out in ny, la, miami, vegas, nashville, ect would do much mpre for a brand than cleavland.

Yes, what the team is willing to pay, but also bigger/more loyal fan base. More $ flowing to sports teams and players from outside sources.

In my opinion Miami is a better city to live and play in, but fan-ship here sucks. Too many other attractions to keep attention from sports. Unless you're Wade, Lebron, or Jason Taylor, you're not gonna see your jersey walking around or get paid for appearances/speaking events/etc.
I will give you the jersey sales thing. But as far as geting endorsements and things I just do not see it. 1 big commercial or photo campaign can be equal to a ton compared to a split in the revenue for merch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back