Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is one of the many examples of why using examples of teams winning a Super Bowl with a non elite QB is not representative of how the league is structured now. I specifically said those rules affected how defenses can play teams.
And I’ve asked many times now, how have those rule changes quantifiably changed the game to how a “non elite QB” cannot won a SB?

Never mind I’ve now posted twice that in the last 10 years, it’s 40% non elite winning, 60% “elite” winning. I’m pretty sure THAT is how the league is structured. You DO NOT NEED an elite QB to win.

Here’s some numbers then rather than just cherry pick the 4K and 1K backs:

pass att per team 544.1 for an avg yards 3675.0
436.3 avg run att per team fo an avg of 1874.3 yards

Avg att - 555.9 for avg yards 3700.6
435.2 avg rush att for 1854.7 yards

Avg att - 566.8 for avg yards 3769.8
Avg rushes - 433.5 for 1806.1

Att - 558.7 for 3789.0
Rush - 427.8 for 1781.3

Att - 571.8 for 3901.3
Rushes - 421.5 for 1741.4

Att - 571.7 for 3863.7
Rushes - 421.5 for 1741.4

Att - 546.5 for 3589.7
Rushes 416.3 for 1742.6

Att - 552.2 for 3804.3
Rushes - 414.8 for 1831.3

Att - 557.9 for 3759.4
Rushes 418.3 for 1806.3

Att - 563.1 for 3842.4
Rushes - 431.4 for 1902.1

Something to note is how the passing yards and attempts are down across the league (albeit just a little) since 2015/16.
20 pass att per season (2011 vs. 2020) hardly seems like “lot of change”

You’ll also note the highest league rushing totals in att are 2013/14 and 2020 and yards peaked in 2020.

So
A) once again, definitely not “ a lot changed” over the past 10 years BUT
B) it’s falsehood that the league is passing more and rushing less across the league over these last 10 years.

I don’t know why you don’t understand that this stay alone doesn’t prove the league changed “a lot”. But when you look collectively at everything I’ve mentioned it does.

My word this was such a simple stance. Not sure why you are having such a difficult time with this.

And I’ve asked many times now, how have those rule changes quantifiably changed the game to how a “non elite QB” cannot won a SB?

Never mind I’ve now posted twice that in the last 10 years, it’s 40% non elite winning, 60% “elite” winning. I’m pretty sure THAT is how the league is structured. You DO NOT NEED an elite QB to win.

I am not going to waste my time trying to explain to you how roughing the passer, DPI, and targeting has changed how defenses play offenses. It’s obvious to anyone who has watched the game for an extended period of time and can understand what’s going on.

I don’t know why you don’t understand that this stay alone doesn’t prove the league changed “a lot”. But when you look collectively at everything I’ve mentioned it does.

My word this was such a simple stance. Not sure why you are having such a difficult time with this.
It is simple stance. Just add the words “ I think” or in my opinion” because that’s as accurate as you’ve shown.

Your opinion is the league has changed a lot, I’ve shown it really hasn’t statistically and even backed up the idea that a marginal QB can still win a SB. Your opinion is that it cannot happen. Just say that.

You speak like what you say is such matter of fact when in fact, I’ve shown plenty of evidence that your opinion doesn’t really hold water but it’s an opinion, I can’t change that. Factually, it doesn’t hold merit though.

I am not going to waste my time trying to explain to you how roughing the passer, DPI, and targeting has changed how defenses play offenses. It’s obvious to anyone who has watched the game for an extended period of time and can understand what’s going on.
And again, your missing the point. I even agreed it changes Defenses.

How does the defense changing to adapt to new penalty rules quantifiably change the idea of a marginal QB winning a SB vs the idea a team must have an “elite” QB?

It is simple stance. Just add the words “ I think” or in my opinion” because that’s as accurate as you’ve shown.

Your opinion is the league has changed a lot, I’ve shown it really hasn’t statistically and even backed up the idea that a marginal QB can still win a SB. Your opinion is that it cannot happen. Just say that.

You speak like what you say is such matter of fact when in fact, I’ve shown plenty of evidence that your opinion doesn’t really hold water but it’s an opinion, I can’t change that. Factually, it doesn’t hold merit though.

The stats you have shown prove the league has changed statistically. Change is change is change. Add that in with the rules and it’s now the subjective word “a lot”.

You’ll get it eventually.

The stats you have shown prove the league has changed statistically. Change is change is change. Add that in with the rules and it’s now the subjective word “a lot”.

You’ll get it eventually.
And statistically, as posted over and over, nothing has changed outside the sheer coincidence of identical numbers happening are next to impossible year after year.

The rule changes effected some of the game play, not anything in league structure or likelihood of any QB chances of winning a SB.

And again, your missing the point. I even agreed it changes Defenses.

How does the defense changing to adapt to new penalty rules quantifiably change the idea of a marginal QB winning a SB vs the idea a team must have an “elite” QB?

I have literally already addressed this…

Just go back and re read everything. I’ve got better things to do than argue with someone who refuses to read my responses.

And statistically, as posted over and over, nothing has changed outside the sheer coincidence of identical numbers happening are next to impossible year after year.

The rule changes effected some of the game play, not anything in league structure or likelihood of any QB chances of winning a SB.

Lol yeah the tuck rule definitely didn’t help Brady win a championship. Not at all.

The stats are different. It’s a fact.

I have literally already addressed this…

Just go back and re read everything. I’ve got better things to do than argue with someone who refuses to read my responses.
No you didn’t.

You keep repeating rules changed and how defenses have to change their gameplay.
You have not made any attempt to connect that to a QBs chances at winning a SB.

You said I picked 12 years…? But now its 11? Which is it sleepy HT?

Do you need an ice cream cone to think about it? Lol
This is the comment I knew was coming

See @Hormesis this is exactly what’s I was talking about.

He won’t admit he either made a mistake counting or that he purposely tried to use an outlier year to attempt proving a point.

I’m not arguing the 12 or 11 thing anymore. You said the game changed a lot in the last 10 years then used stats from 11 years ago to try proving a point.

You won’t admit you’re wrong so I’ll assume this is troll work.

Alright Sleepy HT. I’m done with this conversation. I’ve laid out my stance.

Let’s hope Tannehill can step up and lead this team. I’ll gladly eat crow. I know that won’t be reciprocated but that’s alright.

Enjoy your ice cream cone!

Alright Sleepy HT. I’m done with this conversation. I’ve laid out my stance.

Let’s hope Tannehill can step up and lead this team. I’ll gladly eat crow. I know that won’t be reciprocated but that’s alright.

Enjoy your ice cream cone!
Theres a difference between getting it done and opinion thinking he can.

I agree, he has to get it done. I really think he needs Henry and the D has to stay healthy.
As a side note, I didn’t think the D would miss Dupree as badly as they did last week. He’s been the FA signing we all hoped Clowney was gonna be last year.

If Vrabel gets to 11 wins, I say it's hands down him..... No coach has ever seen the magnitude of the injuries we've had, and still sit at 8-4 atop a division.

I'm not gonna say where the 3 wins should/would come from, because we go into every week glass half empty....
if Titans dont find a way to beat the Tarpkitties & cows they dont deserve AFCS

other games are home vs SF & at the fish

phonies still have Evil Empire & Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back