Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. The formula was there against NE and Balt 2 years ago.
I think he’s capable of more than that but not good enough to be relied upon to win games.

I think it’s a real problem if Henry isn’t healthy for the playoffs, very little faith THill can get the job done and certainly not for 3/4 straight games against the best in the league.

I think the Bucs did more than just add Brady too. Their D was definitely top notch as well last year. I know they added Gronk but I really think he was mostly a non factor as far as SB caliber team or not.

Their defense was virtually the same from the year before.

I don’t disagree and won’t discredit Brady’s impact. But you must also acknowledge that they added Suh, Gronk, AB, Fournette, Haeg, and drafted top positional players in the draft in OT Tristan Wirfs and S Antoine Winfield.

Suh was there before Brady.

Fournette wasn’t a hot commodity. He signed a prove it deal. Gronk didn’t contribute much last year (8 catches in 4 playoff games). AB had 8 catches in 3 playoff games last year.

Brady turned that team into what it is.

These Tanny fans are starting to get more radical then Mariota fans, they cant see we are in the same boat like with MM8, a QB that cant get it done. Tanny had a good half year in 2019, failed in the playoffs once henry was stopped. 2020 he had a good year but once again once Henry was stopped we took a first round exit. Now on to this year hes look horrible outside some games with Henry and without hes been really bad, cant even throw for 100 yards in a game, oh it kinda looks like the playoffs from years past. Sad state Titan fans are in thinking we have a franchise QB when Tanny is only outperforming the 2021 Rookie QB class, hes at the bottom lol.

These Tanny fans are starting to get more radical then Mariota fans, they cant see we are in the same boat like with MM8, a QB that cant get it done. Tanny had a good half year in 2019, failed in the playoffs once henry was stopped. 2020 he had a good year but once again once Henry was stopped we took a first round exit. Now on to this year hes look horrible outside some games with Henry and without hes been really bad, cant even throw for 100 yards in a game, oh it kinda looks like the playoffs from years past. Sad state Titan fans are in thinking we have a franchise QB when Tanny is only outperforming the 2021 Rookie QB class, hes at the bottom lol.
What’s a “franchise QB”?

do teams require one to win a SB?

Remember when Manning stuffed his neck with aborted fetal tissue stem cells and won a SB? He couldn’t throw 15 yds.
Bet that 15 yard pass hit the mark and didnt sail over the WRs head in the hands of CB. Or the pass wasn't thrown behind the WR causing his to get his spine checked.

Franchise qb is one that's signed to a team for multiple years. Do back up quality qbs get long contracts? Yes if Tanny was a better talent the drop off this team took offensively wouldn't be so glaring.
Although “multiple year” contracts is not very specific, I’ll say 4+ years not on a rookie deal, is probably reasonable.
Examples of franchise QBs under that definition:
Jimmy G
Derek Carr
Jared Goff
Carson wentz
Taysom hill (jk, I know he’s not a QB)
Pat Mahomes
Josh Allen
Matt Ryan
Matt Stafford
Dal Prescott
Formerly deshaun Watson
Russ Wilson
A-Aron Rodgers
Ryan tannehill***

Now for the other half of the listed criteria, some quality backups also get long contracts.

Subtract Taysom Hill from the list

Unless these are all “franchise QB”, there must be some other criteria you use to determine if you have a “franchise QB”

Bet that 15 yard pass hit the mark and didnt sail over the WRs head in the hands of CB. Or the pass wasn't thrown behind the WR causing his to get his spine checked.
I remember that time he set the NFL yardage mark with this

5/20 35 yards 0 TD and 4 INT.

Another cool stat,
Since 2000, 3 QBs have reached the coveted 6 INT in 1 game. I’ll let you guess the other 2, but mr forehead is one of them.

images

I remember that time he set the NFL yardage mark with this

5/20 35 yards 0 TD and 4 INT.

Another cool stat,
Since 2000, 3 QBs have reached the coveted 6 INT in 1 game. I’ll let you guess the other 2, but mr forehead is one of them.
Tanny should of been on the list the Houston game let's be real got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back