Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have I said Tannehill blows?

Saying the game has changed doesn’t mean a RB can’t be dominant. We are talking about winning a SB.
That’s where all this started. I said Tammy is good enough, and Hurray agreed. Then yous twos started a different conversation, and now I’m calling a no holds barred diaper match! So far pretty decent event, but it’s just begun.

That’s where all this started. I said Tammy is good enough, and Hurray agreed. Then yous twos started a different conversation, and now I’m calling a no holds barred diaper match! So far pretty decent event, but it’s just begun.

I did not start a different conversation lol. I am talking about the same thing.

Who's Tammy?

keep-gumby-in-your-prayers-jim-and-tammy-really-need-ya.jpg

I did not start a different conversation lol. I am talking about the same thing.
Tammy not good enough to win and the game has changed “a lot” are not the same thing. I pointed out that Ryan’s 4,000 33 7 last year was certainly good enough, and then you two kicked it up a bit. I ain’t mad or nothing, just enjoying the thread.

Tammy not good enough to win and the game has changed “a lot” are not the same thing. I pointed out that Ryan’s 4,000 33 7 last year was certainly good enough, and then you two kicked it up a bit. I ain’t mad or nothing, just enjoying the thread.

Those 2 statements go hand in hand.

He disappeared against Baltimore last year in the playoffs.

It’s obvious what I meant lol all you have to do is read the words. I noted MULTIPLE different ways the game has changed. Multiple. Meaning more than one.

First 6 years average of your data:
Average of 13.8 1K rushers & 9.3 4k passer per year

Last 6 years:
10.5 1K rushers & 11.3 4k passers.
You did mention “multiple” other differences in another post after the one I just quoted was worthless and doesn’t prove a change of anything.

What is the random significance of 6 years and 6 years, especially in a 10 year gap?

Even so, you’re suggesting that 3 less 1K RB and 2 more 4K QBs is a significant enough difference that it proves THill is not a good enough QB to win a SB with a healthy titans team?

Never mind that during that same stretch we watched 4 other QBs that were no better than THill (in fact much worse in 3/4 cases) , win the SB by getting carried by their run game and defense.

Edit: I should also add that if we’re sticking to the 10 year timeline vs 12 (not sure why that was used for your avg) it gets a lot closer.
First 5 - 10.6 QB, last 5 - 11.2 QB
First 5 - 12.8 RB, last 5 - 11.2 RB

Once again, that outlier 2010 season you miscounted back to (11th season back) seems to be conveniently added by you, I’m guessing to help the narrative you won’t just say, you think today’s game passes more and runs less than 10 years ago. Just say that, don’t want to put the words in you’re mouth, but I think you already know that’s not accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. You were trying to prove that @Hormesis and I were wrong in thinking the team can win a SB with THill and a healthy Henry and squad around him.

You started with that crap about “things have changed a lot in 10 years” by throwing out a random year vs last year 4K QB and 1K RB.
Now that we know not much has changed at all in that department, we can address your second post adding the differences in penalties called.

I asked a further clarification of how that changed the game, within the last 10 years, preferably by some quantifiable measure.
I’m waiting on that response.

And the team who won the super bowl ranked 28th in rushing.

“And now it’s the teams running the rock that killing.”

Top rushing team this year is Philly. They are definitely Killing it!!! Lol
That’s in quotes. Whose quote? I’ve havent seen anyone say this.

You did mention “multiple” other differences in another post after the one I just quoted was worthless and doesn’t prove a change of anything.

What is the random significance of 6 years and 6 years, especially in a 10 year gap?

Even so, you’re suggesting that 3 less 1K RB and 2 more 4K QBs is a significant enough difference that it proves THill is not a good enough QB to win a SB with a healthy titans team?

Never mind that during that same stretch we watched 4 other QBs that were no better than THill (in fact much worse in 3/4 cases) , win the SB by getting carried by their run game and defense.

Edit: I should also add that if we’re sticking to the 10 year timeline vs 12 (not sure why that was used for your avg) it gets a lot closer.
First 5 - 10.6 QB, last 5 - 11.2 QB
First 5 - 12.8 RB, last 5 - 11.2 RB

Once again, that outlier 2010 season you miscounted back to (11th season back) seems to be conveniently added by you, I’m guessing to help the narrative you won’t just say, you think today’s game passes more and runs less than 10 years ago. Just say that, don’t want to put the words in you’re mouth, but I think you already know that’s not accurate.

You wanted to pick 12 years. 6 is the middle of that. This is all really simple. You are seriously asking me why I am using 12 years when you posted it?! Hahahaha I remember why I call you sleepy HT. You share the same memory as him

Showing that there are less 1K backs and more 4k QB’s absolutely shows the game is changing. 100%. We can also look at how teams draft those positions if you’d like. Plenty of examples we can go down.

You have yet to prove the game hasn’t changed in 10 years. You just continue to post stats that show the opposite.

I agree. You were trying to prove that @Hormesis and I were wrong in thinking the team can win a SB with THill and a healthy Henry and squad around him.

You started with that crap about “things have changed a lot in 10 years” by throwing out a random year vs last year 4K QB and 1K RB.
Now that we know not much has changed at all in that department, we can address your second post adding the differences in penalties called.

I asked a further clarification of how that changed the game, within the last 10 years, preferably by some quantifiable measure.
I’m waiting on that response.

There is a difference in the numbers though. That’s literally the entire point. LMAO so until you can admit that there’s no point in continuing because clearly you aren’t understanding any of this.

You wanted to pick 12 years. 6 is the middle of that. This is all really simple. You are seriously asking me why I am using 12 years when you posted it?! Hahahaha I remember why I call you sleepy HT. You share the same memory as him

Showing that there are less 1K backs and more 4k QB’s absolutely shows the game is changing. 100%. We can also look at how teams draft those positions if you’d like. Plenty of examples we can go down.

You have yet to prove the game hasn’t changed in 10 years. You just continue to post stats that show the opposite.
Uh, you did when you tried using 11 years ago as your point.

This is also the first post you blatantly didn’t ,age me guess what your point was about the 4K/1K thing. I was looking for that confirmation.

If you have to ask for clarification on how refs call roughing the passer now vs the past you probably don’t watch much football.
That’s not the point in itself. I know refs call penalties different.

What I’ve been asking is how has that quantifiably changed the game in a way that proves THill can not win a SB with a healthy titans team because he can’t “carry the team” like a Brady or Rodgers.

Uh, you did when you tried using 11 years ago as your point.

This is also the first post you blatantly didn’t ,age me guess what your point was about the 4K/1K thing. I was looking for that confirmation.

Wait a minute, I picked 12 years because I showed 11 year sample? That definitely makes sense.

Sleepy…

That’s not the point in itself. I know refs call penalties different.

What I’ve been asking is how has that quantifiably changed the game in a way that proves THill can not win a SB with a healthy titans team because he can’t “carry the team” like a Brady or Rodgers.

No, that is one of the many examples of why using examples of teams winning a Super Bowl with a non elite QB is not representative of how the league is structured now. I specifically said those rules affected how defenses can play teams.

There is a difference in the numbers though. That’s literally the entire point. LMAO so until you can admit that there’s no point in continuing because clearly you aren’t understanding any of this.
Here’s some numbers then rather than just cherry pick the 4K and 1K backs:

pass att per team 544.1 for an avg yards 3675.0
436.3 avg run att per team fo an avg of 1874.3 yards

Avg att - 555.9 for avg yards 3700.6
435.2 avg rush att for 1854.7 yards

Avg att - 566.8 for avg yards 3769.8
Avg rushes - 433.5 for 1806.1

Att - 558.7 for 3789.0
Rush - 427.8 for 1781.3

Att - 571.8 for 3901.3
Rushes - 421.5 for 1741.4

Att - 571.7 for 3863.7
Rushes - 421.5 for 1741.4

Att - 546.5 for 3589.7
Rushes 416.3 for 1742.6

Att - 552.2 for 3804.3
Rushes - 414.8 for 1831.3

Att - 557.9 for 3759.4
Rushes 418.3 for 1806.3

Att - 563.1 for 3842.4
Rushes - 431.4 for 1902.1

Something to note is how the passing yards and attempts are down across the league (albeit just a little) since 2015/16.
20 pass att per season (2011 vs. 2020) hardly seems like “lot of change”

You’ll also note the highest league rushing totals in att are 2013/14 and 2020 and yards peaked in 2020.

So
A) once again, definitely not “ a lot changed” over the past 10 years BUT
B) it’s falsehood that the league is passing more and rushing less across the league over these last 10 years.

If Vrabel gets to 11 wins, I say it's hands down him..... No coach has ever seen the magnitude of the injuries we've had, and still sit at 8-4 atop a division.

I'm not gonna say where the 3 wins should/would come from, because we go into every week glass half empty....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back