Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like The Matrix, the sequels turn a good/great movie into a crappy series. Unfortunate.

If your curiosity gets to you, see them... but, the original will not be as good anymore.

I actually thought the second Pirates was the best one, the Heart of Davy Jones story was far more interesting than the whole cursed treasure one in the first movie, and the fight scene with the wheel at the end was by far the most entertaining scene in the Pirates series. The third one had the same problem as Spiderman 3, trying to squeeze too much s**t in one movie. Plus if you look down for one second to check a text, you'll have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.

Joe Dirt is your favorite movie of all time? LMFAO... And it's ahead of your #2 movie, Shawshank Redemption. Classic stuff.

Surprisingly your list isn't bad, Joe Dirt aside. Shawshank is around my top 5. The others aren't in my top 100, but they're good movies.

Shawshank is in everyone's top 5 list.

Miracle 8/10

From someone with zero interest in hockey, this was something I didn't expect much initially but ended up pleasantly surprised, one of those movies that keeps you entertained throughout even though everyone knows how it ends. Even though every coach in every sports movie is the same ol' "character comes before talent and I demand nothing less of 120 percent" trite, Kurt Russell was great. Hockey scenes were pretty well shot and gave good angles to where you can tell what was going on.

Even though it's a Disney movie and it already has a runtime of 2 hours and 15 minutes, I thought an extra 15 minutes of some character development would have made a better movie. Still, this is something the whole family would enjoy regardless of how much you're into or not into hockey.

Not everyone's.. Not to mention it feels a little like an earlier movie starring a famous cowboy actor on a rock in the bay..

It's a good movie, but Jesus Christ, it's overrated by people. Good film, but people act like it's damn near perfection.

Of course, I put Big Trouble In Little China in my Top 5, so what the hell do I know.:rolleyes:

Finally saw Bridesmaids tonight. Really liked it but I'm not sure it quite lived up to all the hype for me. But to be fair, part of that was probably because EVERYONE within a 15 foot radius of me was talking and/or messing with their phones throughout the entire movie. Just ridiculous.

But back to the movie... at 2 hours 5 minutes I thought it was a bit too long. It started to drag toward the end. I think a good 10-15 minutes could've been cut and would've never been missed. Also the real laugh out loud moments weren't frequent enough... BUT when they came, man were they worth the wait. Melissa McCarthy absolutely stole the show. Overall, a very very solid movie and one of the better mainstream comedies released over the past year or so.

I watched Water For Elephants last night, great movie!

i didnt expect it to be good, but it keeps you in the story from start to finish, dude from twilight was actually pretty good. reese witherspoon did a great job too. If you want to see a good movie with a story line and no special effects watch this movie. 8.5 /10

I watched the Hangover 2 last night, it was a good movie. i didnt remember part 1 that much so that prob helped me enjoy this one. there were several funny parts where you chuckle and nod your head. But nothing that has you rolling on the floor. I think the monkey was gay btw. 7.5/10

Drive Angry - Just caught this on DVD. I for one, have been disappointed with some of Nic Cage's projects lately. There have been some spots of brilliance though, most notably Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call New Orleans. It was Cage at his best - unhinged and bat- crazy at times. I'm happy to report that we get a similar performance from him in this one - a man who literally escapes from hell in a '69 Charger and goes to rescue his murdered daughter's son from a Satanist cult. Personally, that's a premise that works.

I liked this because it wasn't trying to be a homage to grindhouse flicks, ala Tarantino and Rodriguez recent efforts. Drive Angry basically IS a 70s revenge flick, with a couple of really good actors doing their thing (Fitchner is having a blast here, and Morse tries his best to class the joint up). There are some over-the-top moments, the pinnacle perhaps being a slow motion shooting scene while the main character is in the middle of intercourse with a cougar-stripper named Candy, while the Ravonettes' "You Want The Candy" is blaring in the background. It's weird, and yeah, it works.

My only complaint is a bit too much CGI for my taste. In a film like this, a true throwback to exploitation action classics, I want minimal CGI use, and this had a bit (the budget for this film was actually fairly high at $50 million). I suppose I was spoiled by the recent Hobo With A Shotgun, but it did bug me.

Go in for a fun time, not a lecture in fine cinema arts. You'll be fine.

4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back