Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puck said:
1009920.jpg

My wife and I watched this movie
we had intended for our 6 year old daughter to watch it with us, we're glad she didn't. There's very little inclusion of the fantastic fantasy realm the trailers lure you with.

WARNING : this is not a good movie for young kids
it is very slow to get going
and just as it starts to get engaging, it crushes you with sadness
my wife was so upset she almost thre the remote at my TV

My Suggestion : :shake:

I wish I had read some reviews first before I watched this
It had promise, but it ended up being a HUGE disappointment
this movie would have scarred my child for years

look at these reviews on Amazon
I searched the lowest rating first reviews and mostly agreed
a good conclusion is the reveiw titled "Things I learned From This Movie"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cu...reviews.sort_by=+OverallRating&x=11&y=9&s=dvd

I just saw it, and it was like you said, not what you'd expect. Maybe it's not good for all kids, but that another topic, and possibly a touchy one. In a way, it is a kids movie....or at least I think it hits on themes that kids should be exposed to.

I guess some people didn't get it, or maybe got too caught up with problems they found in the movie (slow to start, sadness, the unexpected story).

I like the message of the movie, and I guess there's nothing in this movie for ya if you don't care for that. It's not another wild CGI fest like LOTR, and it's not a deep fantasy tail....and I guess that's what lost some people. But I don't know if those reviews on Amazon are the general consensus.

It's not a movie I'll watch over and over, but it's unique and goes deeper than lots of mindless crap out there. I think this was a good movie. :thumb:

Disney movie:-The Game Plan starring Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson.

Cliched,corny yet what a wonderful movie. For kids & adults it's a great film.
The Rock can really act,props to him though the star is a 9 year old.

9/10 :thumb: :thumb:

Childress79 said:

That's awesome. I saw the clips for this and it looked so lame that I didn't even pay attention to the reviews. I like "The Rock" and was disappointed to see him starring in what I assumed was a turkey. Johnson has been good in everything I've seen him in, even if the movie sucked *** (Too Cool). Putting out a dud for a big company like Disney might have prevented Johnson from getting feature roles in decent flicks in the future. Glad to hear I was mistaken.

The Murse said:
Gangs of New York (i'm late when it comes to cultue) - brillant movie

that reminds me of this movie

51QV9HY08KL._AA240_.jpg

^ an absolute classic / awesome flick

and brings me to another one

51RTRHAJE9L._SS500_.jpg

used to love Christopher Walken flicks

Childress79 said:

i took my mother to see it, she and i both have the hots for Johnson (so sue me) I loved it. It just showes that any bad movies he did in the past just had terrible scripts.

I was really expecting it to be the Rocks version of "the pacifier" but i think it will do the exact opposite for his acting career.

Sappersis said:
I was really expecting it to be the Rocks version of "the pacifier" but i think it will do the exact opposite for his acting career.

Was the Rock ever a serious actor? :suspect:

I seem to recall a half scorpion thing at one point that made me laugh .... :grrhee:

Blazing Arrow said:
Was the Rock ever a serious actor? :suspect:

I seem to recall a half scorpion thing at one point that made me laugh .... :grrhee:

bad script...a serious of them if you arent a fan of "the rundown" "Walking tall" "The Mummy 2" "The Scorpian King" "Gridiron Gang" im sure im missing one somewhere in there. :clown:

Sappersis said:
bad script...a serious of them if you arent a fan of "the rundown" "Walking tall" "The Mummy 2" "The Scorpian King" "Gridiron Gang" im sure im missing one somewhere in there. :clown:

You just like the roc's 'Rocked' out body ... I can not blame u thought .... chicks that take that much time to perfect there body are usually ultra fine too in my book....

Sappersis said:
i took my mother to see it, she and i both have the hots for Johnson (so sue me) I loved it. It just showes that any bad movies he did in the past just had terrible scripts.

He was pretty good in 'Gridiron Gang' too.

The Rock should be one of the top action stars in the industry right now, but he hasn't found a vehicle that truly shows off his talents. And I don't think the Game Plan is that vehicle either.

The Rock is a pretty bad actor. He was decent in grid-iron gang though. I like the guy, but unless he's acting like a hard @$s, he's doing a bad job usually.

The Gloat said:
The Rock is a pretty bad actor. He was decent in grid-iron gang though. I like the guy, but unless he's acting like a hard @$s, he's doing a bad job usually.

Have you seen the Game Plan? I'd say he expanded his box.

Watched Collateral for the first time tonight. I really liked it for the most part. But the ending was sort of lame... the entire climax built to a great showdown between Vincent and Max, only to have it end horribly (not going to ruin it if you haven't seen it). Overall, I thought it was a really good movie, but the ending sort of left you disappointed.

BigRed3 said:
Watched Collateral for the first time tonight. I really liked it for the most part. But the ending was sort of lame... the entire climax built to a great showdown between Vincent and Max, only to have it end horribly (not going to ruin it if you haven't seen it). Overall, I thought it was a really good movie, but the ending sort of left you disappointed.

I really like it too.

I think Mann was set on the last scene we see Vincent in referencing an earlier scene in the film. A nice idea but it didn't really carry any weight other than being an anti climax.

I didn't want the showdown as you did but I badly wanted Vincent's character to play out differently at the end.

Just saw 30 Days of Night. Was a really good movie if you don't mind gore. There are some crazy scenes in this movie that shocked me.

Just watched "Ali" for the first time today. Thought it was a good movie (but i'm a HUGE Ali fan). It's a little long, and some parts will leave you bored, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back