Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Spidey 3 last night. Not overly impressed. I did like Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman though. I wanted to kill both Peter Parker and Mary Jane at various points throughout the film. I thought McGuire and Dunst basically both sleepwalked through the film, giving perfunctory, uninspired performances. The Mary Jane character as written is just completely unlikable, her whiney dialogue was tough to make it through and had me reaching for the remote to just shut the movie off. I guy I simply hated in the original film, James Franco is the only returning cast member who seemed to be really trying. I really misjudged Franco after the first Spidey feature, his character in that was just so poorly written, Brando would have looked like a stiff trying to act his way through some of that cheeseball dialogue.

PS: I caught Transformers over the weekend. I wanted to hate it (I can't stand director Michael Bey), but honestly I thought it wasn't too bad for what it was. It was funny seeing Turturro in it. Hey even DeNiro takes the money and runs with some of his roles (Analyze That, Meet the Fockers etc). Nothing wrong with doing some big-budget cheese if it affords you the opportunity to do lesser paying roles in worthy smaller features.

So, my assistant gave me "Zoolander" to watch about a month ago. It's been sitting on my desk ever since. Today she mentioned it again, and she's a really cute teutonic hottie with titanic ta-tas, so I finally watched it tonight. There were a couple of laughs, but overall I feel like a eunich. I actually sat through it knowing full well that it wasn't going to help me tap that ***.

avvie said:
So, my assistant gave me "Zoolander" to watch about a month ago. It's been sitting on my desk ever since. Today she mentioned it again, and she's a really cute teutonic hottie with titanic ta-tas, so I finally watched it tonight. There were a couple of laughs, but overall I feel like a eunich. I actually sat through it knowing full well that it wasn't going to help me tap that ***.

I feel for you man.:ha:

My main problem with spiderman three was when they tried to show that Venom's alter ego was an emo peter parker. I couldn't stop laughing, and I knew I wasn't supposed to be... Oh, he's been taken over? Well, let's have him wear dark clothes and put gel in his hair! Brilliant!

I think Zoolander is hilarious, but I don't think it's nearly as good the first time you see it. I think it's one of those "laugh at, not with" movies, but intentionally so.

GoTitans3801 said:
I think Zoolander is hilarious, but I don't think it's nearly as good the first time you see it. I think it's one of those "laugh at, not with" movies, but intentionally so.

I agree.. Will Farrel is nuts in that flick.. "I feel like I'm on crazy pills!".
Spiderman III though - total dud.

Saw a couple movies

The GAME PLAN - Great movie, but I think it a chick flick. Had some funny moments though. 4 out of 5 stars

Deck The Halls - Typical Xmas comedy. 2 out of 5 stars

The Reaping - A different twist - 3 out of 5 stars

I thought Wrong turn 2 was pretty good,especially the opening scene with that woman getting axed in half vertically. Other good horror films you should watch: hatchet,feast,Shrooms,The abandoned,Creep,Altered,Behind the mask:the rise of Leslie Vernon,Vacancy,Cabin fever,Dead silence,Severance,The skeleton key,Silent hill,Wilderness,The Tripper,Fight of the living dead,Dog Soldiers,Shaun of the dead,The devils rejects,Reeker,Identity,Slither,Rest Stop. Looking forward to: Friday 13th(remake),Freddy vs Jason 2,Shaun of the dead 2,AVP requiem,Jeepers creepers 3,Rest stop 2,Hatchet 2,Diary of the dead and Hellboy 2.

I loved Silent Hill...however, this week I continued my run of losers.

My roommate insisted on The Addams Family. It was kinda fun...Thing surprised me as being the character with the greatest depth, and I got a kick out of Grandmama in the kitchen with "The Joy Of Cooking" and "Grey's Anatomy".

Then, in a huge whirlwind fit of adolescent nostalgia, I rented Tron.
Okay, so it was cutting edge CGI at the time...but you just can't make a script out of that garbage. Programs being anthropomorphed is just plain silly, even for Disney.

desfletcher316 said:
I thought Wrong turn 2 was pretty good,especially the opening scene with that woman getting axed in half vertically. Other good horror films you should watch: hatchet,feast,Shrooms,The abandoned,Creep,Altered,Behind the mask:the rise of Leslie Vernon,Vacancy,Cabin fever,Dead silence,Severance,The skeleton key,Silent hill,Wilderness,The Tripper,Fight of the living dead,Dog Soldiers,Shaun of the dead,The devils rejects,Reeker,Identity,Slither,Rest Stop.

Looking forward to: Friday 13th(remake),Freddy vs Jason 2,Shaun of the dead 2,AVP requiem,Jeepers creepers 3,Rest stop 2,Hatchet 2,Diary of the dead and Hellboy 2.

Agreed. Wrong turn 2 was not bad. Wrong turn 1 sucked big time.

i watched the Messengers last night on the plane.. scary ****. Especially when the chick goes to the farm garage and finds the little kid in the corner.. stupid movie though. I'd give it a 2.3/10.

Went to see August Rush in theatres today. For those of you that are theatre goers i would recomend it...for those of you that want to wate a couple of days to illegally download a very bad copy with people coughing and standing in front of you, i think its worth the memory to do so.

Gunny said:
Have you played the Silent Hill games?

I thought the movie was ok, but getting a perspective from someone who hasn't played the games would be interesting.

No, I haven't played them. But I love all of these video game movies...Aeon Flux, the Resident Evil series, Doom...it seems that a bunch of pimply-faced nerds programming games are better storytellers than what Hollywood has to offer.

Concerning SH, I was intrigued with it's concept of what Hell is, and it's take on religious fundamentalism. I know that for the gamers PyramidHead was just a bit part in the movie, with little purpose.

I'll comment further later when I've had more coffee :yes:

PitBull said:
Agreed. Wrong turn 2 was not bad. Wrong turn 1 sucked big time.

Are we talking about the same Wrong Turn movies Pit? 2 was simply gawdawful straight-to-video. When Hank Rollins is the lead you know it's gonna be bad..

desfletcher316 said:
I thought Wrong turn 2 was pretty good,especially the opening scene with that woman getting axed in half vertically. Other good horror films you should watch: hatchet,feast,Shrooms,The abandoned,Creep,Altered,Behind the mask:the rise of Leslie Vernon,Vacancy,Cabin fever,Dead silence,Severance,The skeleton key,Silent hill,Wilderness,The Tripper,Fight of the living dead,Dog Soldiers,Shaun of the dead,The devils rejects,Reeker,Identity,Slither,Rest Stop. Looking forward to: Friday 13th(remake),Freddy vs Jason 2,Shaun of the dead 2,AVP requiem,Jeepers creepers 3,Rest stop 2,Hatchet 2,Diary of the dead and Hellboy 2.

Man that list is all over the place. Some good, some bad..
If you wanna talk horror I'm totally one board but let's weed out the bad stuff - you can usually start with anything with a "2" or "3" on the end of the title..

avvie said:
No, I haven't played them. But I love all of these video game movies...Aeon Flux, the Resident Evil series, Doom...it seems that a bunch of pimply-faced nerds programming games are better storytellers than what Hollywood has to offer.

Concerning SH, I was intrigued with it's concept of what Hell is, and it's take on religious fundamentalism. I know that for the gamers PyramidHead was just a bit part in the movie, with little purpose.

I'll comment further later when I've had more coffee :yes:

Have I ever told you Pyramid Heads part in the actual Silent Hill 2 game? It is one of the more amazing things I've seen in a game.

No...I'd like to hear that.

I read in a gamer forum that PH represents the husband's conscious or something, and eventually a twin appears and they kill each other.
Or something like that.

Zoolander, pretty dumb movie, but I love the scene where they goto the gas station, that was too funny. And also the walk off. That was just funny as I did not see that coming. This was not a good movie, but in the same way, I appreciated the Devils Wears Prada, because they both had takes on a world I know nothing about. The Devil tried to show empathy with it, and Zoolander poked fun.

fido_ver3.jpg

Watched this over the weekend.. Imagine the post Z-Day fallout from Shawn of the Dead taking place in Pleasantville. Very funny flick...

avvie said:
No...I'd like to hear that.

I read in a gamer forum that PH represents the husband's conscious or something, and eventually a twin appears and they kill each other.
Or something like that.

Spoiler warning here, but this is it.

In Silent Hill 2, his existence is directly tied to James Sunderland's subconscious[1]; James' repressed anger and desire to be punished for the death of his wife are what compels Pyramid Head to pursue him. Pyramid Head functions as both an executioner of Maria, but more importantly, as the constant tormentor of James. Watching Pyramid Head repeatedly murder a highly eroticized doppelgänger of his late wife brings a great deal of grief to James, thus completely satisfying his masochistic desires. Once these desires are fulfilled, Pyramid Head's power over James is removed. This is evidenced in one of the game's final scenes, where just before battling two Pyramid Heads simultaneously (one as punishment for killing Mary and the other for killing Eddie), James gains insight into his situation, admitting that he needed them because he was weak, and that he has no further use for them. It is only after James asserts this that the Pyramid Heads eventually impale themselves on their own spears and thus freeing themselves of their roles (it's mentioned that they are both punisher and victim of crime).

It is quite fascinating. At least I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back