Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
since Silent Hill is the topic of the moment ...... which one is the better game ?
according to Gamespot it's 3
according to IGN it's 2 but barely
1 and 4 get relatively lower scores

there's also a Collection that contains Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, and Silent Hill 4: The Room

I never played any of them

One is excellent. I remember first playing it. Scared the hell outta me. It is one of those games you will always remember because it is something you never played before. It was so different.

Silent Hill 2 is the best IMO. The story line is excellent (as mentioned above) and Pyramid Head is just unreal. There is also a

Silent Hill 3 is also good. Not as good as 2 but still very good in its own right. Though the main character looks like a junkie.

Silent Hill 4 is different, but I liked it. It wasn't received well from what I hear but it was a little different than the previous three.

All in all I rate Silent Hill series top 5 easily. If you like those adventure games. And the scariness is different to Resident Evil as it really plays on your mind, the darkness, the noises etc, you are just waiting for something to happen, whereas Resident Evil is more pop out of the window expectantly scary.
There are some scenes in Silent Hill, where something happens and I was like, 'Ok, thats it. Time to turn this game off for a moment'.

Gunny said:
Silent Hill 2 is the best IMO. The story line is excellent (as mentioned above) and Pyramid Head is just unreal. There is also a

There are some scenes in Silent Hill, where something happens and I was like, 'Ok, thats it. Time to turn this game off for a moment'.

so is Pyramid Head only in 2 ?
SH1 is the game you needed to take a break from ?

Pyramid Head is only in 2 as one of the 'bad guys'. He is mentioned in others I believe (can't remember haven't played them for awhile).

All Silent Hills, I forgot the 's'.

I was trying to find an image of a part in Silent Hill 2 or 3 that really just got me thinking, 'Right, time to turn this off before I go troppo'.

It's a game you gotta play at night, on your own in a dark room.

I must replay them now.

All I remember from SH is the one I played was maybe the scariest game I'd ever played. I kinda feel like I missed out by not playing them all.

On a similar topic, anyone ever play Shadow Man? I loved that game (the 1st game, not so much #2), and it was one of those that would get under your skin with spookiness :scared:

Bobo said:
All I remember from SH is the one I played was maybe the scariest game I'd ever played. I kinda feel like I missed out by not playing them all.

Well they ain't rare to get. I highly recommend them, they are fantastic.

I think Silent Hill 5 is out in Feb next year. A definite must get, even if it get a 0.1 score.

Saw "No country for old men" Good movie, but you have to think about things to understand it. While it will probably frustrate some, and others will like it for the violence, it does have a deep meaning.

Saw "This Christmas" Feel good Family xmas story. A lot like Soul Food, xmas version.

Saw Deathproof. hhhmmm..... ok, it had some wit, some thrilling chase scenes, and a very realistic, gruesome crash scene. It was too drawn out though for me, I just didn't care too much for the drawn out "getting to know" scenes of some of the characters.

The blend of old and new was cool, but I think it too was a bit overdone. I liked the movie, just thought it didn't live up to the hype.

Saw No Country For Old Men for the second time this weekend; still stands as one of the most visceral and thought-provoking movies I've ever seen. I can't recommend a movie more, although many will be left disappointed by the ending if they don't enjoy thinking about things for themselves (and I'm not talking ambiguousness, just simple reflection, something that is lost on the average movie viewer unfortunately).

KamikaZ said:
Saw No Country For Old Men for the second time this weekend; still stands as one of the most visceral and thought-provoking movies I've ever seen. I can't recommend a movie more, although many will be left disappointed by the ending if they don't enjoy thinking about things for themselves (and I'm not talking ambiguousness, just simple reflection, something that is lost on the average movie viewer unfortunately).

Saw No Country today and I couldn't agree more. Very tense and totally engrossing. No Hollywood ending, which is fine by me - as you said, it makes you reflect. I must read the book now!

Creeping-Cruds said:
Saw No Country today and I couldn't agree more. Very tense and totally engrossing. No Hollywood ending, which is fine by me - as you said, it makes you reflect. I must read the book now!

that is soo funny that you all say that...my family just came back from the theatre. ABSOLUTELY HATED THE MOVIE. They are forcing me to go see it so i can explain to them "what the hell was going on" hahaha. Love them to death but they don't like to put a lot of thought into entertainment. After seeing some great reviews im pretty stoked about it...we will see

Went and saw Golden Compass. There is a lot of contraversy about this game, but I tought it was a pretty entertaining flick. 7 out of 10 stars

Die Harder was a lot of fun to watch. Of course it was very ridiculous as action movies tend to get, but I can put that aside and just enjoy the thrills :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back