Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creeping-Cruds said:
Can't talk about Nick without mentioning Wild at Heart.

My favorite scene in Wild at Heart is when that guy tripped & fell chin first onto his own shotgun. Sick but it makes me laugh every time.

saw p.s. i love you with my girls the other night. i still can't get behind swank. Don't know what it is but i just wasn't sold on the performance.

Childress79 said:
My favorite scene in Wild at Heart is when that guy tripped & fell chin first onto his own shotgun. Sick but it makes me laugh every time.

Bobby Peru!
Definitely Willem Dafoe's wildest role..

bobby_peru.jpg

Saw Charlie Wilson's War tonight. Didn't know it was made by the guy who did the West Wing. Great political comedy. Smart, funny, and accurate, with an ending I didn't expect (nothing major). Best movie I've seen in a long time.

That being said, I haven't seen no country for old men or there will be blood yet. I'm sure they're both great. This one is a little more lighthearted.

Last few movies I've seen -

The Illusionist - 8/10. Really enjoyed this movie.

Cloverfield - 5/10. No plot, no explanation. Blair Witch meets Godzilla.

finally got around to watching Transformers
went into it expecting to be wholly disappointed
oddly enough, I was at least entertained
there were the obvious Bay defacations
but all in all I found it to be decent enough to sit through

Just bought the classic film "Soy Cuba", one of the greatest breakthroughs in cinematography that such greats as Scorsese and Coppolla fought to get here stateside. It's essentially a pro-communist propaganda films that was made when Bautista was in power, but wow, it is one of the most gorgeous films I've ever seen. Highly recommend you guys Netflix it.

Cloverfield - 8/10 ("lack of plot" didn't bother me Australian, about what I would expect from a Abrams flick) - call me a JJ Homer

27 Dress - 7/10 (good "predictable", feel good movie that wasn't all that bad to get dragged to)

3:10 to Yuma - 7/10 (good movie, became a little bored halfway but the ending more than made up for it,couldn't take Ben Foster seriously though)

28 Days Later - This movie was ok. Nothing really ground breaking. Some good action, but feels like the same ole zombie flick (although a little different). I liked some of the acting, and it felt realistically bleak at times.

28 Weeks Later - Later and weaker than the first. Thought maybe they've give plot more of a chance this time....nope.

I watched all 3 Bourne movies recently. Liked all of them a lot. After 3 movies, not many series have me wanting a 4th. Just not gotten stale to me. Anyone who likes action movies should like all these :thumb:

Bobo said:
28 Days Later - This movie was ok. Nothing really ground breaking. Some good action, but feels like the same ole zombie flick (although a little different). I liked some of the acting, and it felt realistically bleak at times.

28 Days Later felt very real to me (unlike I Am Legend etc.) and convincingly depicted a post-apocalyptic England. The acting and score was brilliant. My only slight knock was the ending with the soldiers.. Good companion piece to Children of Men..
28 Weeks was over by the time they rolled the opening credits....

Most recent movies for me...

Into The Wild - 9/10 - A great movie about sticking it to the man and finding your own happiness. Emile Hirsch is a dam good actor.

There Will Be Blood - 10/10 - I'm pretty sure Daniel Day-Lewis would make any film worth watching. This one is probably his best. It's not action packed but it deals with a lot of moral issues that people have always faced (greed, family, religion). Definitely worth the drive to any theater that is actually showing it.

Brokeback Mountain - 8/10 - Finally bit the bullet and watched the "gay" movie. It only had 3 or 4 scenes that were uncomfortable or awkward. Aside from those couple of scenes it is actually a really good movie. If you're comfortable enough with your sexuality then I'd recommend it.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford - 8/10 - I'm in the small minority of people who think Casey Affleck is actually enjoyable to watch. It's an all around good movie, but it can get a little slow at times.

Ubiq said:
Brokeback Mountain - 8/10 - Finally bit the bullet and watched the "gay" movie. It only had 3 or 4 scenes that were uncomfortable or awkward. Aside from those couple of scenes it is actually a really good movie. If you're comfortable enough with your sexuality then I'd recommend it.

Let me guess - one was the tent scene when they were both drunk and cold.:suspect:

I basically ignored the uncomfortable scenes in favor of the story, which was good. Also, Jack Twists' fate was due to fooling around with another man's wife.

Kid Gloves said:
Let me guess - one was the tent scene when they were both drunk and cold.:suspect:

I basically ignored the uncomfortable scenes in favor of the story, which was good. Also, Jack Twists' fate was due to fooling around with another man's wife.

Yes sir, that's the main one, but there are a few others. I tried to ignore them as well. The fact that the movie is about homosexual or maybe even bi relationships shouldn't stop anyone from seeing it.

I apologize titanbuoy, I didn't realize Kid Gloves had only said fate..

Everyone should go see the Orphanage. Great supernatural thriller. It is a spanish film. Produced by Guillermo Del Toro from Pan's Labyrinth and Hell Boy. One of the best I've seen this year. It is not playing everywhere. I saw it at our local theater here in Knoxville that shows most independent films. An American remake is coming down the road. It will be crap so I would just go out and see the original.

Ubiq said:
The motive behind Jack's murder is debatable, but I was under the impression that Lureen's father had it out for him all along. I think he knew that Jack was fruity. Once he and Lureen divorced, her father had his opportunity to act on his hatred. Again, just my opinion.

I disagree. He even admitted to Ennis Del Mar that he was fooling around with another man's wife. At the end, the same man is whooping him to death. The same man (he danced with his wife earlier while Lureen wondered "why don't husbands dance with their wives?") who he sat with on the bench with while waiting for their wives' to "powder their nose." Why powder their noses at the end of the night? They're only going home to bed....line of thinking.

Ubiq said:
Yes sir, that's the main one, but there are a few others. I tried to ignore them as well. The fact that the movie is about homosexual or maybe even bi relationships shouldn't stop anyone from seeing it.

The motive behind Jack's murder is debatable, but I was under the impression that Lureen's father had it out for him all along. I think he knew that Jack was fruity. Once he and Lureen divorced, her father had his opportunity to act on his hatred. Again, just my opinion.

I haven't seen Brokeback yet, hadn't heard that one of the leads gets murdered. Hopefully that's not a huge spoiler, if it is, you're a butthead :)) , please use the old spolier alert warning when giving away some ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back