Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE LAST MIMZY

(currently running on HBO)
neat concept and storyline meets bad acting
man, this could have been a very good movie
it's decent as it is, but could have been helped by better actors - most notably the parents (even though I've liked Timothy Hutton in the past)
but Joely Richardson made me want to smack her - bad bad actress
Rainn Wilson (the office) does a superb job here
Michael Clark Duncan also a bright spot
it's a decent flick for the kids, many comparisons to E.T.

just finished JUNO
not bad actually (and not as bad as Gloat claims)
no, it wasn't knocked up - but it did have some comedic moments
I found it to be current and relevant
probably a big hit with school age girls

I'll give it a :thumb:

Sunshine - Freaky. Although some of it didn't seem to make sense, and it tried to go over the top a little too much, I really enjoyed the movie. The movie is a little hard to describe....psychological sci-fi thriller kinda like Event Horizon, but more drama than horror.

Gets the :thumb: from me.

The Gloat said:
When did I claim it was bad? Overrated and bad aren't the same.

from your Juno thread .......
Juno = Very forgettable.
it's about as mediocre as a film comes.
Very boring

I'm not saying you said it was bad
I didn't find it as "forgettable, mediocre, boring"
and therefore not "as bad" as you
there's a difference

Word. Yeah. I just thought it was an average film. If it weren't ever hyped up so much, I probably wouldn't have been so harsh on it.

FOOLS GOLD 8/10 :thumb: :ha:

Just saw Fools Gold today with my gf and it was much better than I thought it would be. The film stars Kate Hudson :brow:, Matthew Matthew McConaughey and Donald Sutherland. It also has Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Cosby Show) and Ray Winstone (who played "Mr. French" in The Departed). While very predictable; We still found it to be entertaining. For me, any chance to see Goldie Hawns daughter is a treat.:yes:

In The Valley of Elah

A grim & harrowing tale of what a tour of duty in Iraq can do to it's participants.

Tommy Lee Jones plays an ex grunt who's already seen one son die young serving in the army & is now concerned that after a tour his remaining son has gone AWOL.

He sets out to visit his old base & find his boy.Charlise Theron plays a police detective with issues of her own who ends up working with Jones to get to the bottom of the missing son.

It's a grim but compelling film with a pace & score that is slow to allow everything that transpires to sink in. Tremendous acting by the entire cast but Tommy Lee Jones in particular in a very subdued performance.

9.5 out of 10 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Gunny said:
geez how whipped are you?

I know, but it wasn't my choice, I had to treat her for Valentine's Day. I had to suck it up this time. (I wanted to see I Am Legend) I did get a chance to see previews for Hancock, another Will Smith flick. It looked real funny. He plays a hard-living superhero trying to repair his image after falling out of favor with the public. Check it out at imdb.com

The Invisible -
Eh, it was ok. Bad acting held it down, and of course it was hard to buy in to a lot of times. The sountrack was good though, and the ending was kind of cool.

The Gloat said:
Word. Yeah. I just thought it was an average film. If it weren't ever hyped up so much, I probably wouldn't have been so harsh on it.

what did you think of Knocked Up and why was it just on the average side for you? I, personally, LOVED the film and have agreed with most (not all) of the reviews. I'm glad I saw it the first night it opened otherwise i wouldn't have seen it for a couple months at least. (I refuse to see a movie everyone claims is great until all the coverage dies down) I loved the way they handled the story line itself. They didn't make a huge joke out of teenage pregnancy, yet at the same time I found the movie to be halarious. The humor ran more towards the dry side and I noticed a lot of people in the theaters not catching on to some of the jokes. Thats just my type of comedy though...

out of curiousity has anyone else heard anymore about the Queen movie with Johnny Depp starring as Freddy Murc? Last I heard they were heading into production but now i can't find anything on it at all. I'm sure that means it was canceled but none the less i thought i would ask about.

And in preperation for the new Knight Rider series my friends and i watched the old movies Knight Rider 2000 and Knight Rider 2010. They were even more detestible than i had previously thought

Sappersis said:
out of curiousity has anyone else heard anymore about the Queen movie with Johnny Depp starring as Freddy Murc? Last I heard they were heading into production but now i can't find anything on it at all. I'm sure that means it was canceled but none the less i thought i would ask about.

It's on hiatus but not dead.

The talks between Depp & the film company eventually lead to him doing a different project for them that was ready to go. It's called Public Enemies & Depp plays John Dillinger.

Not due out until 09' but when the promotion tour for it kicks off expect more news on the Mercury biopic.

Puck said:
THE LAST MIMZY

(currently running on HBO)
neat concept and storyline meets bad acting
man, this could have been a very good movie
it's decent as it is, but could have been helped by better actors - most notably the parents (even though I've liked Timothy Hutton in the past)
but Joely Richardson made me want to smack her - bad bad actress
Rainn Wilson (the office) does a superb job here
Michael Clark Duncan also a bright spot
it's a decent flick for the kids, many comparisons to E.T.

It was cute... but I think it could have used some more depth.

25th Hour - 7/10 - A Spike Lee "joint" about 3 childhood friends that have gone their separate ways but come together when one of them gets busted for dealing drugs. Drawn out storyline that got pretty dull at times, but if you can stay focused it turns out to be pretty good. Edward Norton is good, as usual.

Sappersis said:
what did you think of Knocked Up and why was it just on the average side for you? I, personally, LOVED the film and have agreed with most (not all) of the reviews. I'm glad I saw it the first night it opened otherwise i wouldn't have seen it for a couple months at least. (I refuse to see a movie everyone claims is great until all the coverage dies down) I loved the way they handled the story line itself. They didn't make a huge joke out of teenage pregnancy, yet at the same time I found the movie to be halarious. The humor ran more towards the dry side and I noticed a lot of people in the theaters not catching on to some of the jokes. Thats just my type of comedy though...
Knocked Up was actually funny (not hilarious, but funny), whereas Juno didn't have a single funny part I remember. I wasn't sure it was supposed to be funny when watching it, because it didnt seem as if they wrote anything humorous for the film. Not one quotable that I recal. So it was probably more people just thinking the humor was absent or too dry rather than "not getting it". There wasn't much to get.
The girl was a smart#ss, but I didn't think that itself was funny. It was just a girl being a smart#ss. I dunno?
It was just average to me. Like I said. As if someone told a director "make a movie about a teen that gets pregnant and a couple wants to adopt, but they split up". And the director said "ok. That's all i need to know. The movie will be done in a week". No creativity, nothing really original other than the basic plot itself. Just not much depth that separates this movie from others, IMO.

The hype wasn't warranted. That's about all I can summarize it with. An ok movie. Didn't dislike it. Just would never think about it again after watching it. I can't remember a single moving scene, a single funny scene, etc and I think that's what makes great movies. Memorable scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back