Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puck said:
Being John Malkovich
not real funny, not real dramatic, not real romantic, etc....

You didn't think Being John Malkovich was funny? That movie still cracks me up. The propaganda film of why the floor is 1/2 the normal size was hilarious IMO.

Blazing Arrow said:
You didn't think Being John Malkovich was funny? That movie still cracks me up. The propaganda film of why the floor is 1/2 the normal size was hilarious IMO.

great example of taking things out of context
no, that's not what I meant

I didn't think Eternal Sunshine was all that funny

Creeping-Cruds said:
I'm surprised they have that Peter Travers quote boasting it as a comedy when it's almost anything but. Pretty decent and fairly melancholy flick but I'd still take Momento between the two..

I agree, it certainly isn't "seriously funny"

I really liked Memento

Creeping-Cruds said:
Definitely the least "Danny Boyle" of all the Danny Boyle movies.. Think Event Horizon or the first half hour of Lifeforce...

Is Danny Boyle the director? Sunshine reminded me some of Event Horizon (a movie I like a lot). Been forever since I saw Lifeforce.....seems like it was pretty good.

Event Horizon is a good movie. Comparing it to Sunshine? ehhh I guess. Visually Sunshine was awesome. The faces freaked me out. I'm not sure I even know what Lifeforce is. I'll IMDB it.

EH and Sunshine just had some similar themes. Space, madness.....reminds me of Ren and Stimpy :ha:

Oh and there's the crazy freaky footage that messes with your noggin.

Sappersis said:
See now i was laughing the whole time. The little things get me like when she is shaking the stick and he says "its not an etch-a-sketch" I was rolling... That dry humor is just a lot harder to come by, imo, then slapstick comedy. Anyone can fall down or cuss someone out, say something offensive, or make fun of themselves....
Yeah, but at the same time, anyone with or without a sense of humor can say something that dry, but most the time nobody laughs at it. If there's a smarta## in the movie, I want them to have tons of wit. Just my preferences though.

Eastern Promises -7/10
It's a good movie, but again I was let down a bit because I heard it was so great. I think some people are suckers for gore and good fight scenes. I liked it though. Just wish I hadn't bought it.

a5aa62e89da02b0eb54e2110.L.jpg

I thought it was (gulp) cute
good (gulp) date flick
:thumb:

Mr Woodcock - Billy Bob plays another good role. But the plot just didn't have enough. Feels like you watched half a movie.

Can't give it the :thumb: Is there a "meh" smilie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back